REN Clean Skincare mayblossom and konjac moisturiser

No Image

4.1

on 10/29/2005 8:05:00 AM

Fantastic moisturiser for combo skin...one of VERY few which actually perform as claimed. I apply this on for daytime over the whole face although it can be used anytime, and it leaves a semi-matte finish so it doesn't feel like you're wearing anything. Skin is moisturised for the day, fresh & simple, and makes a fabulous makeup base...never oily and helps makeup stay exactly where it is whilst preventing flaking from dry skin. I suggest oilier skins use this only on cheeks to avoid shiny t-zone.

Product Description: A moisturiser formulated to balance combination skin. Flavonoids from Mayblossom and salycilin from Willow Bark normalise sebum production, reduce pore size and provide anti-microbial protection. Glucomannans from Japanese Konjac Root reduce the surface tension of sebum and facilitate its dispersion away from the T-zone to dry areas reducing shine and hydrating dry areas. In addition, Blue Cypress Oil and bisabolol from Chamomile calm, soothe and protect.

on 6/10/2006 3:31:00 AM

I really like this moisturizer. I've combination skin. It hydrates my skin yet it doesn't feel heavy and absorbs quickly. It leaves a semi-matte finish and is great under makeup.

on 9/22/2006 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

FANTASTIC moisturiser for combo skins. It is great because
- it sinks in beautifully without leaving the skin oily or greasy yet moisturising so well for the whole day
- is fantastic under makeup (especially my beloved Kevyn Aucoin Sensational Skin Enhancer)
- smells fantastic!
- minimises pores
- is natural
- is good for problem skins

on 2/26/2007 7:01:00 PM

I have acne-prone skin that is combo too and I normally can't wear moisturizer without breaking out. I tried this moisturizer and it was absolutely amazing. My skin looks so radiant and glowing. Many people have commented on this too. I love the herbal smell. Incredible in my opinion.

on 4/26/2007 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a really good moisturiser. It actually feels like it nourishes the skin and a little tiny bit goes a long way. I like the lavender smell and really feel like I'm putting a good quality product on my face. I have combination skin but feel that this moisturiser may not be enough as far as hydration but still it is a great moisturiser. I might try one for normal skin next.

Pricey and hard to get in AUS. Had to buy online - only downfall

on 5/10/2007 10:34:00 AM

I bought this because of the rave reviews here on MUA and again, I was not led astray =) This is a lovely product, it wasn't the best for when I bought it - at the peak of the Australian summer - when my face was an oil slick, but its great now in spring/autumn under a sunscreen during the day or as a night cream. I tend to use it more as a nightcream since the sunscreen I use is a bit more oily. It does not irriate at all, smooths my skin and moisturises wonderfully. It smells like a less obtrusive version of Lush's Dream Cream. I love the hygienic packaging though I don't really think it's 'vacuum sealed' since (like the scrub and cleanser) there is condensation inside the bottle. It is quite expensive, $76AUD if I remember correctly and the only thing putting me off buying it again would be the 9month time frame that I'd have to finish it in. I probably wouldn't use it very much in summer so I guess if I were to buy this again I'd have to make sure the timing was right so I could use it from autumn to spring.

on 6/13/2007 10:37:00 PM

I have combination skin and I found that this moisturizer works very well for me. It is not greasy and not sticky at all. I don't like to use moisturizer during the day because all moisturizers leave me feeling "unclean" with a feeling of film on my face, but Ren doesn't do that at all. This is the perfect moisturizer! Price tag is high, but well worth it. Love love love!

UPDATE - Apparently they've changed the name of this product to MATT BALANCING FLUID. It was time to re-purchase and I couldn't find it! Then I read here about the name change: http://www.beautyexpert.co.uk/Ren-Matte-Balancing-Fluid-50ml-PRODRNSM3/

Still working perfectly and loving it!

on 6/15/2007 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I just got introduced to REN line when I went to Sephora Beverly Center. This line is awesome! I have problem/oily skin and I use the Mayblossom cleanser and moisturizer and it does the job quite nicely in moisturizing and mattifying at the same time. Due to the antibacterial property of salycilin and other botanicals, my skin is clearing up. I also use the Boswellia night moisturizer and the Lipovector eye cream. I might try adding the anti aging serum later on for night only to get rid of fine lines. I use DermaDr Wrinkle Revenge 1 as my nightly cleanser and it works wonderfully with my regimen.

on 7/29/2007 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Like it. Have never been much of a moisturizer...very skeptical of overburdening my oily skin. I bought this in January and used on and off. Recently I started using it everyday and have realized that it doesn't do any of the things moisturizers usually do for me...i.e. leave my skin feeling icky or sticky or like it can't breathe. This stuff is quite light, it has a lovely scent, and it just leaves my skin feeling quite fresh and clean. I don't know how well it controls oil, because I do have really oily skin, but it does not bother me as much as other moisturizer have seemed to. I bought the whole ren line more or less earlier this year, and I think this is one of my favorite products in it. I'm always on the lookout for something even more perfect, but I do think I'll buy this one again.

I'm really liking this moisturizer. I read the awsome reviews on MUA and decided to order one. My skin, especially my forehead area has been giving me much grief over the past year: extreme oiliness, cystic acne and whiteheads galore. I'm still not sure what the root of the problem is, but I do know this moisturizer has made a difference in my skin. I love the texture. It is light, non-greasy, and actually moisturizes and controls oil at the same time! (I usually need extra moisture on my cheeks if I'm using a light lotion, but didn't need one with REN)

After about 1 months use I noticed:
- Less oil on my t-zone especially my forehead.
- My skin is still purging, but I noticed while controlling oil production on my face, a number of my white heads have dried up and turned into black heads which are easier to manage and don't turn into cysts (yay!)

There is a light musky scent to the lotion. (Smells kind of like Philosophy's Purity wash) And the packaging is in a nice pump that keeps germs far far away!

Overall, this lotion is a bit expensive but to me, so worth it because it really works. I'm also using this in addition to REN's Jojoba Bead Scrub. Will update if I notice any other changes in my skin.