REN Clean Skincare mayblossom and konjac moisturiser

Filtered by age: 19-24
No Image

on 3/27/2009 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I've used REN products in the past (their juniper facial scrub), which I wasn't too fond of, BUT THIS MOISTURIZER ROCKS!! I've always used retail store brands like Olay, Neutrogena, Almay, etc. but they were too heavy or I would get periodic breakouts. I thought perhaps it was because my skin's breakout prone, but with this moisturizer, I've had less breakouts and it's evening out my skin texture. I can tell it's the moisturizer because I've kept all other parts of my skin care regimen the same. While I do need to blot for excess oil later in the day, my skin is producing less oil than it did before (I just need to accept that my skin, especially my T-zone area, will never be truly matte). I bought this product as an impulse buy at Sephora. It's quite expensive, but I think it's worth it. My skin looks and feels better than it has in a while. Plus, I only need a teeny tiny amount to cover my entire face. One pump is all it takes for me, and I do have combination skin too, and my drier areas have never felt tight. The associate at Sephora told me that the product is concentrated, so that you only need to use a little bit (I discovered that it doesn't absorb well if there's too much product), so I think the bottle will last a while. I also like how the product is in an airtight babybottle-like container to keep it from being exposed to containments in the air. Next, I want to try their Frankincense & Boswellia Serrata Revitalising Repair Cream (night cream) and Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask, but I gotta save up for those...

I also love that the brand is super natural, free of sulfates and petrochemicals, and also very environmentally conscious. I used to think that perhaps my skin needed the harsher chemical-based products in order to be under control, but this product has shown me that natural-based products can be very effective on my skin (plus they're probably better for my skin in the long-run).

I bought this in Space.NK having been advised it would hydrate my dry areas and mattify my oily [er] patches. It did neither, to be honest. I gave it the benefit of the doubt fora few weeks - I am now right at the end of the tube and not having much love for it.

I have had a nasty outbreak [including quite possibly the biggest spot I have ever had in my life...] and a couple of rashes. I have, however, got a stressful job, I haven't been sleeping well and was living in dirty temporary conditions until I sorted out my flat!! So I guess that probably didn't help. However, I really wanted to like this product after all the joy that the morrocan Rose oil has given me.

I have also suddenly got really dry skin too, is the moisturiser partly to blame?!. hhhmmmm.

on 1/1/2009 7:38:00 PM

This product was extremely harsh to my skin. I really wanted to love this product, considering all the fantastic reviews everyone gave here..and all the positive feedback.

I sampled this product. Nice and watery, it did spread on my skin, however it burnt like HELL! Bad burning, to the point where i was scratching my skin. However, i decided to give it a few tries to see whether my skin might just get used to it. It burnt even more upon each application. And moreover, my whole face wasn't even hydrated, it didn't hydrate my dry patches no matter how much i put. I went back to shop to tell them my problem, and they gave me a sample of the mayblossom cleanser to see whether they might compliment each other and my skin might calm down (i am using philosophy purity at the moment...possible assumptions might have been a cross-reaction, hence burning..which is rather strange since purity is very gentle..but now i digress), however, the cleanser stripped my skin so bad...i applied the moisturizer, it burnt even MORE! my eyes were watering and i had to wash it off with purity (my lifesaver), and it left my skin pretty dry and flakey.

Definetely NOT a good brand for me. My skin isn't that sensitive, so i don't know what they put in there, but it was definetely not good for my skin, unlike a lot of people here T__T

on 2/16/2008 1:30:00 PM

Non greasy formula, no breakouts in my T-zone. Great for spring/fall. In summer, it melts off of my face. In winters I need a more rich moisturizer for dry skin. My skin feels fresh when I have it on.

on 1/27/2008 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My oily skin is always breaking out but in the winter gets dry and still continues to break out so I needed a moisturizer that hydrates but didnt get greasy. This definitely did it and didn't break me out. As the previous reviewer said it is more of a maintainer than a beautifier which I totally agree with but I think thats what moisturizer really is...I would use REN's masks and other treatments as beautifiers to improve skin and fix problems. What I also love about the whole line is thats its natural and doesnt use those creepy chemicals we dont know too much about. I've started leaning a bit more towards paraben-free products but I have problem skin and need things that work and this really fits the bill b/c all of REN's stuff is amazing! I would recommend this to someone regardless of the natural/paraben-free part though because the line really does work

on 12/29/2007 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this moisturiser.
Controls oil without leaving a dry or tight feeling.
Gives light hydration in dryer patches, whilst purifying the skin and preventing breakouts.
Extracts from chamomile calm the skin while helping to soothe redness.
I don't like the mayblossom cleanser so i'm using the Leaf & Rusher Green Tea Wash which is AMAZING. :)

I'm really liking this moisturizer. I read the awsome reviews on MUA and decided to order one. My skin, especially my forehead area has been giving me much grief over the past year: extreme oiliness, cystic acne and whiteheads galore. I'm still not sure what the root of the problem is, but I do know this moisturizer has made a difference in my skin. I love the texture. It is light, non-greasy, and actually moisturizes and controls oil at the same time! (I usually need extra moisture on my cheeks if I'm using a light lotion, but didn't need one with REN)

After about 1 months use I noticed:
- Less oil on my t-zone especially my forehead.
- My skin is still purging, but I noticed while controlling oil production on my face, a number of my white heads have dried up and turned into black heads which are easier to manage and don't turn into cysts (yay!)

There is a light musky scent to the lotion. (Smells kind of like Philosophy's Purity wash) And the packaging is in a nice pump that keeps germs far far away!

Overall, this lotion is a bit expensive but to me, so worth it because it really works. I'm also using this in addition to REN's Jojoba Bead Scrub. Will update if I notice any other changes in my skin.

on 9/22/2006 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

FANTASTIC moisturiser for combo skins. It is great because
- it sinks in beautifully without leaving the skin oily or greasy yet moisturising so well for the whole day
- is fantastic under makeup (especially my beloved Kevyn Aucoin Sensational Skin Enhancer)
- smells fantastic!
- minimises pores
- is natural
- is good for problem skins