C.O. Bigelow Superb Body Lotion

Filtered by age: 30-35
No Image

3.0

I got this lotion, the 2 oz size, at the BBW sale for $2.50. It smells really nice, definitely a better scent than other almond scents I have sniffed. It is a pretty lightweight lotion, so if you need something creamier, this one wouldn't be for you. That being said, it is not sticky and gross and works for normal/oily bodies :). I would buy it again, but right now I'm doing Perlier Honey after bath moisturizer.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wow, the scent is strong on this. I have never been a rosemary-mint smell fan, but this came in a sample bag that my dear sweet boyfriend got me at Bath and Body Works. I really use this product as a hand creme, since its small in size (being a sample bottle) and I can keep it on my nightstand. I have used it on the rest of my body, and I just didn't find it as moisturizing as it should be. For me, after 30 min, my skin didn't feel like I put on anything at all. And if I am going to go through the trouble of putting on moisturizer, I want it to leave my skin super soft. I will use it up or either give this to my mom. I don't think I will be purchasing a bottle of this.

on 1/29/2006 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I recently picked up the Bigelow Rosemary Mint at the Bath & Body Works sale. I could shoot myself for not buying more. The Rosemary Mint is incredible. Not only does it smell divine,but it makes my skin smooth & supple for hours.It may even be better than the Tutti Dolce body butters I purchased.

on 10/27/2005 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I tried the Lavender variety.

I figure that there are two reasons overall that people use lotions: (1) for moisture/hydration of your skin and/or (2) for light fragrance that's not drying or as extreme as a perfume.

I use lotion for hydration, and my preference is that it hydrates enough that I don't have to reapply it constantly. With that in mind, I also prefer my hands and body to not feel greasy or oily after application or at least not for very long since that limits the use of my hands freely and how long until I can get dressed without my clothes sticking to me.

This lotion does say on the front of the bottle that it's a lightweight lotion but it also claims to be long-lasting and easily absorbed. I agree that it's lightweight. My hands felt dry again soon after using, like I'd chalked them before gymnastics. However, my fingers were still shiny with an oily residue.

Sadly, while I didn't hate this lotion (I have tried one that made my skin drier than before use), it doesn't justify $15. It wasn't hydrating for even 30 minutes and was grossy shiny for over an hour. I also didn't like the fragrance on my skin.

While I liked the fragrance of the lotion in the bottle very much (and love lavender), but once I applied it on my skin, it smelt powdery-fake (which is surprising with the 5% lavender extract) on me. Oddly enough, when I returned it to B&BW, the SA said that she didn't like how it smelt on either.

Ingreds:
water, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, stearic acid, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil, butylene glycol, dimethicone, methyl gluceth-20, cetyl phosphate, cetyl ethylhexanoate, [sweet almond oil, lavender oil, bergamot fruit oil, palmarosa oil, patchouli oil, clary oil, vetiveria zizanoides root oil, juniper berry fruit oil, rosemary leaf oil, and other aromatic ingredients (scary, huh...the vagueness)], cetyl esters, sunflower seed oil, lavender extract 5%, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, borago officinalis seed oil, olive fruit oil, sweet almond oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil, wheat germ oil, sodium hyaluronate, retinyl palmitate, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, tocopheryl linoleate, tocopherol, panthenol, bht, carbomer, triethanolamine, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, diazolidinyl urea continued >>

Popular Lotions / Creams