Youngblood Mineral Cosmetics Liquid Mineral Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Blue

4.2

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cyclomethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Glycerin, Reduced Salt Deep Sea Water, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Polyoxyethylene, Methylpolysiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Lauryl PGG/PEG-18/18 Methicone, Squalane, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Natto Gum, Cereus Grandiflorus (Cactus) Flower Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Magnolia Biondii Bark Extract, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Propolis Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Thujopsis Dolabrata Branch Extract, Allantoin, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Natural Fragrant Essential Oils- Lemon, Orange, Ylang-Ylang). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The foundation is so light, it feels like I am wearing no makeup at all! I have the shade Sun Kissed (neutral) which is a PERFECT match for my light skin. This liquid formula is probably best for those with dry skin - I tried the compact formula and it made my skin look very cakey. The liquid foundation however makes my skin glow.

How I put on my foundation:

♡ Use half a pump, put on fingertips
♡ Start from the centre of the face and work my way out
♡ Tap my face with my fingers, it lasts a lot longer and looks less shiny that way (also apparently a Russian tip for applying foundation)
♡ Blot if necessary

This is a touch and go foundation for me. Would I repurchase ? Yes, but I am unlikely to need to as this is going to last a loooong time. It's very light, and having acne prone skin and redness I can't use it everyday. However on good skin day this is all I need. It it quite oily so I'd steer away if you have oily skin, unless you have a super primer and setting powder/spray.

It goes on well to my sensitive, combination skin, takes a bit of work to blend (be careful not to use too much, a little will go a long way) but once it's on it sits really well. I cannot stress enough to use a setting powder or spray as it doesn't seem to stick to the skin and shifts easily without them.

It does wear well during the day, looks amazingly natural and when it fades out toward the end of the day it does that naturally as well, no patches and on me, no oxodizing ( I do wear the lightest shade however so it may differ for darker shades) I would definitely avoid wearing this to weddings etc where you might shed a tear as this will shift it almost straight away.

All in all its a great natural foundation if bb/cc creams don't cut it for you, and you want a non irritating foundation but does take some getting used to.

In Finland this costs too much for what it is.

I'll try this again and update this review if it feels now better on my skin.

I've just started using this foundation after seeing the reviews on here and a trial at my local beauty salon and so far, so good. I've been struggling with hormonal acne since coming off the pill a few years ago and have tried many, many foundations and concealers as I have very sensitive skin (literally everything breaks me out plus my skin is allergic to certain plastics and metals). I've tried mineral based powder foundations in the past but my dry skin doesn't get on with them as they cause itchiness and redness but this liquid one seems fine. I previously used Estee Lauder Double Wear Light foundation and stay-in-place concealer - which offer amazing coverage but when I spilled some on my sink and had to really scrub to get it off, it made me think how much it must be suffocating my skin!

Combined with Paula's Choice 1% BHA which I've just started using, my skin has now cleared up and I've had no new breakouts! I still have red hyperpigmentation from old acne which this doesn't cover as well as, for example, Estee Lauder but if it prevents breakouts then I can live with that whilst my marks fade (using concealer sparingly). I use the 'sunkissed' shade which matches my fair skin well and provides a dewy, healthy look - like another reviewer said below, "like my skin but better". It's staying power is fairly good but, as you would expect, not as good as fuller coverage foundations however, again, if it goods for my skin, then that's fine. I have dry skin and I wouldn't say that this provides any moisturisation at all but it doesn't make it any drier either. It does slightly accentuate dry patches by the end of the day though. Overall, I really love how this makes my skin look and feel healthy. My only gripes are the price (worth it for clear skin) and the weird smell which reminds me of wet paint.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced the smell or whether it's just due to the sample the salon gave me (the end of a full product bottle they used as a tester which may have been getting old)...?

The texture of this foundation is very nice. I have to wear it with matte primer, but the combo works great. I have this in sand, the color looks very yellow in bottle but wears more neutral.

Just had my makeup done in this product today, and I have to say that my skin feels amazing. I usually hate liquid foundation because of the way that it looks after eight hours. This stuff I can say that after a crazy busy day, my skin still looks flawless. I don't have bad skin, so I am not searching for full coverage. It covers just enough, while still letting my freckles show through. I've got it on order, can't wait to receive it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

First of all I must admit that I don't usually use foundation; it's hard for me to find a match and I have pretty dry and sensitive skin, plus I hate the feeling of having a mask over my face. Youngblood's liquid foundation is fantastic though! It doesn't irritate my skin and even though I have pretty pale skin the shade "Pebble" suits me well, even though in some fluorescent light it can look a bit yellow, however, in natural light it looks perfect!
It IS sheer, in that if there are pimples they will probably need concealer, but it still gives pretty good coverage. It *just* shows my freckles, which is great because I love them.
It lost some points on price because it is quite expensive to buy in Australia, but buying it online from the US or overseas can overcome that.
Not sure if HG but definitely keeping it around.

I love this foundation, don't love the price, I pay $78 AU for 30mL, so painful. D: It is really lightweight which is good and bad - good because you NEVER look cakey, bad if you have a skin condition that needs covering, maybe team it with a powder if this is the case? This foundation is like a second skin and does not cause breakouts.

I just purchased the liquid foundation in shell as I have perioral dermatitis and I'm not supposed to be using anything on my skin (but I've been on antibiotics for a while, and found I still had scarring, sensitivity and flare ups. So switching to dermalogica calming products and using this foundation has actually been a good thing and is helping my skin recover!)

Not sure how I'll go once I come off the antibiotics... here's fingers crossed.

The foundation is OK. It does have a tendency to sit in my lines, but given it's good for my skin, I'll have to put up with it.

To be honest, it's not something I would rave about if I had more choices.

Shell has a nice yellow undertone which really helps reduce the appearance of redness and it's not breaking me out or causing skin issues, so I guess I'm happy.

Anyway, I paid 42 pounds for it and almost died of shock.

Since then I've discovered YoungBlood is available A LOT cheaper online in American stores (like less than half UK price), but am always concerned about getting dodgy, old or even watered down products if I buy online.

I've aksed a few US online stores for a cost of shipping (which at the moment still looks like it's come in way under UK prices), so I might take the plunge and buy online soon.

Anyway, to make things easier for us all, I hope someone in the UK starts offering this range at a better price, because at the moment it seems like daylight robbery from skin clinics towards people with little hope of using other products! = NOT FAIR!

I started using this a while ago. I was in a lot of denial and swore that it looked amazing, and it DOES ! But only when you first applied it. And then an hour goes by and its shiny and oily and just blah.
It does not stay on well either. Its fine if you are in a dry cool place and maybe during the evening for some verry sheer coverage.
This might work for dry to normal skin but for combination - oily. Nooooo. Keep looking.