Youngblood Mineral Cosmetics Liquid Mineral Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

4.6

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cyclomethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Glycerin, Reduced Salt Deep Sea Water, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Polyoxyethylene, Methylpolysiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Lauryl PGG/PEG-18/18 Methicone, Squalane, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Natto Gum, Cereus Grandiflorus (Cactus) Flower Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Magnolia Biondii Bark Extract, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Propolis Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Thujopsis Dolabrata Branch Extract, Allantoin, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Natural Fragrant Essential Oils- Lemon, Orange, Ylang-Ylang). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The foundation is so light, it feels like I am wearing no makeup at all! I have the shade Sun Kissed (neutral) which is a PERFECT match for my light skin. This liquid formula is probably best for those with dry skin - I tried the compact formula and it made my skin look very cakey. The liquid foundation however makes my skin glow.

How I put on my foundation:

♡ Use half a pump, put on fingertips
♡ Start from the centre of the face and work my way out
♡ Tap my face with my fingers, it lasts a lot longer and looks less shiny that way (also apparently a Russian tip for applying foundation)
♡ Blot if necessary

This is a touch and go foundation for me. Would I repurchase ? Yes, but I am unlikely to need to as this is going to last a loooong time. It's very light, and having acne prone skin and redness I can't use it everyday. However on good skin day this is all I need. It it quite oily so I'd steer away if you have oily skin, unless you have a super primer and setting powder/spray.

It goes on well to my sensitive, combination skin, takes a bit of work to blend (be careful not to use too much, a little will go a long way) but once it's on it sits really well. I cannot stress enough to use a setting powder or spray as it doesn't seem to stick to the skin and shifts easily without them.

It does wear well during the day, looks amazingly natural and when it fades out toward the end of the day it does that naturally as well, no patches and on me, no oxodizing ( I do wear the lightest shade however so it may differ for darker shades) I would definitely avoid wearing this to weddings etc where you might shed a tear as this will shift it almost straight away.

All in all its a great natural foundation if bb/cc creams don't cut it for you, and you want a non irritating foundation but does take some getting used to.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I generally love YoungBlood products as they are gentle for even the most sensitive skin without causing irritation or breakouts. The consistency of the foundation is a little runny but blends nicely into the skin leaving a dewy finish that you can build from light to medium coverage. It evens out the skin tone and gives skin a nice, healthy glow without looking cakey. I have a medium skin tone ( Mexican descent) and use the foundation in the color Golden Tan which is yellow based. This will not cover all blemishes for that you will need to add concealer or a powder foundation over it, preferably the Youngblood loose mineral foundation which offers amazing coverage when used with this foundation!

The only problem I have with this foundation is that it doesn't seem to have much oil control. Although the YoungBlood website states that it is suitable for all skin types, the dewy finish lasts about an hour before my already oily skin looks like a frying pan. If you have oily skin, be sure to use a good setting powder to help with oil production. Otherwise, this would probably be better suited for dry/normal/mature skin.

I gave it four stars because apart from the oily issue, it does not cause me to breakout or irritate my skin as other foundations have done.

I've just started using this foundation after seeing the reviews on here and a trial at my local beauty salon and so far, so good. I've been struggling with hormonal acne since coming off the pill a few years ago and have tried many, many foundations and concealers as I have very sensitive skin (literally everything breaks me out plus my skin is allergic to certain plastics and metals). I've tried mineral based powder foundations in the past but my dry skin doesn't get on with them as they cause itchiness and redness but this liquid one seems fine. I previously used Estee Lauder Double Wear Light foundation and stay-in-place concealer - which offer amazing coverage but when I spilled some on my sink and had to really scrub to get it off, it made me think how much it must be suffocating my skin!

Combined with Paula's Choice 1% BHA which I've just started using, my skin has now cleared up and I've had no new breakouts! I still have red hyperpigmentation from old acne which this doesn't cover as well as, for example, Estee Lauder but if it prevents breakouts then I can live with that whilst my marks fade (using concealer sparingly). I use the 'sunkissed' shade which matches my fair skin well and provides a dewy, healthy look - like another reviewer said below, "like my skin but better". It's staying power is fairly good but, as you would expect, not as good as fuller coverage foundations however, again, if it goods for my skin, then that's fine. I have dry skin and I wouldn't say that this provides any moisturisation at all but it doesn't make it any drier either. It does slightly accentuate dry patches by the end of the day though. Overall, I really love how this makes my skin look and feel healthy. My only gripes are the price (worth it for clear skin) and the weird smell which reminds me of wet paint.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced the smell or whether it's just due to the sample the salon gave me (the end of a full product bottle they used as a tester which may have been getting old)...?

I have been using this foundation for a couple of months now and I love it. My skin is acne prone so I get nervous with foundations but I am really glad I tried this. I have this in the lightest color Shell. It seemed a bit to yellow when first looking at it but it blends with my skin tone perfectly. I am a NC25 color shade in MAC. The consistency of this is very nice, it doesn't feel heavy at all. In fact to me this feels more like a tinted moisturizer which I prefer. I do have acne staining which I want to cover of course but I also have allot of dryness from acne medication so I need something that isn't going to show every dry patch. It does a great job at evening out my skin tone. It provides a light coverage but is buildable so I would say the coverage is light-medium. This foundation does settle into some bad dry spots (is there one that doesn't?if so please tell me) but its not that bad and is quite moisturizing. This gives my complexion a very natural dewy glow. You wouldn't guess I had make up on. My skin looks like mine but better.I purchased this from a Salon Centric which is open to only licensed beauty professionals so I did get this product at wholesale price.The Youngblood website sells it for $49.00 which is expensive but I would say its worth it. I have been using this since the beginning of July and still have plenty of product left. It spreads nicely and you don't need allot of it to cover your face. I love that it comes in a pump bottle. One of the best things I love about this product is that it is perfume free and it hasn't broken me out which is awesome. I will continue to repurchase this!

Just had my makeup done in this product today, and I have to say that my skin feels amazing. I usually hate liquid foundation because of the way that it looks after eight hours. This stuff I can say that after a crazy busy day, my skin still looks flawless. I don't have bad skin, so I am not searching for full coverage. It covers just enough, while still letting my freckles show through. I've got it on order, can't wait to receive it!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Great colors especially for women of color. It is so hard for me to find a foundation with yellow in it. This foundation sets nicely on skin. Literally nothing from sephora or the department stores match me. I am nc42 in mac, nars -syracuse, chantecaille future skin - wheat and i got this color in tahitian sun (for summer) and suntan for winter.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this foundation!! I've searched high and low for a good foundation that doesn't have scary ingredients and had given up. I heard about Youngblood and almost didn't give them a try because, really, I've tried so many- was this one really going to be any different? And it's really hard to find in stores to try out shades! But, I tracked it down and I am SO glad I did. My search for a HG foundation is over!
First, awesome ingredients. Second, fantastic coverage and the Pebble shade matches my skin tone *perfectly*. I've never found a foundation that matches me this well. It makes a huge difference and allows me to put foundation just where I need it and I don't have to put it all over my face. Also it feels very light on my skin, like my skin can 'breathe' which is impressive given the high level of coverage it gives. The finish is between matte and dewey, which I love. It doesn't dry out my (dry/normal) skin and it doesn't leave it looking oily. It wears great throughout the day. In the summer I like to set it with the YB rice setting powder. In the winter my skin is too dry for powder and the foundations stays fine through the day with out any setting powder. Very faint fragrance, which is good if you don't like heavy fragrances. I use a foundation brush to apply it, but just fingers works well too. Color stays true and doesn't oxidize during the day. It doesn't get cakey, the flawless finish look lasts amazingly well throughout the day. It is expensive but I only need a little bit to do my whole face so even though I use it almost every day it's still lasted me quite a while.
I cant say enough good things about this foundation! I hope they never change the formula! I've since become a bit of a YB addict and am trying out their other products. Not good for my wallet... but damn their stuff really works for me!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Never have i spent so much money on a foundation, but my derm gave me a sample of this and i just had to buy it. I love the coverage, the color (carribean) and the texture it leaves. Every other foundation makes me breakout EXCEPT this one..it improved my skin soooo much.. I'm really happy with this product, but it is really expensive in my opinion, but it's worth it for what it does for my skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

Great over and under the rice setting powder. Good color match. Feels great. Sheer to medium coverage.