Youngblood Liquid Mineral Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Normal

4.6

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cyclomethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Glycerin, Reduced Salt Deep Sea Water, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Polyoxyethylene, Methylpolysiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Lauryl PGG/PEG-18/18 Methicone, Squalane, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Natto Gum, Cereus Grandiflorus (Cactus) Flower Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Magnolia Biondii Bark Extract, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Propolis Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Thujopsis Dolabrata Branch Extract, Allantoin, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Natural Fragrant Essential Oils- Lemon, Orange, Ylang-Ylang). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The foundation is so light, it feels like I am wearing no makeup at all! I have the shade Sun Kissed (neutral) which is a PERFECT match for my light skin. This liquid formula is probably best for those with dry skin - I tried the compact formula and it made my skin look very cakey. The liquid foundation however makes my skin glow.

How I put on my foundation:

♡ Use half a pump, put on fingertips
♡ Start from the centre of the face and work my way out
♡ Tap my face with my fingers, it lasts a lot longer and looks less shiny that way (also apparently a Russian tip for applying foundation)
♡ Blot if necessary

I love love love love this foundation it goes on beautifully. I have normal skin, it doesn't run or anything. The pump works great, it dispenses the perfect amount with no excess so I'm not wasting it. Not the greatest color range, but they're more neutral based so you're not gonna get a horrible pinky color or a horrible orange color. Love it for that fact cause I'm hard to match. This isn't really a full coverage makeup so if you're looking for full cov, go for the loose mineral foundation. But for an everyday 'oh, why yes this is my natural glowy,perfect skin' this is the perfect foundation. Doesn't dry out during the day not does it emphasis dryness on the face(but I always put lotion and primer on first ). Stays in place for a long time (I'm a Cosmo so I'm working long hours so that's huge for me ) only down side is the price, but it quality make up that's going on your face so I my personal opinion it's worth it. Great for people with sensitive skin ( I have lupus). Hope this was helpful!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Never have i spent so much money on a foundation, but my derm gave me a sample of this and i just had to buy it. I love the coverage, the color (carribean) and the texture it leaves. Every other foundation makes me breakout EXCEPT this one..it improved my skin soooo much.. I'm really happy with this product, but it is really expensive in my opinion, but it's worth it for what it does for my skin.

I just purchased the liquid foundation in shell as I have perioral dermatitis and I'm not supposed to be using anything on my skin (but I've been on antibiotics for a while, and found I still had scarring, sensitivity and flare ups. So switching to dermalogica calming products and using this foundation has actually been a good thing and is helping my skin recover!)

Not sure how I'll go once I come off the antibiotics... here's fingers crossed.

The foundation is OK. It does have a tendency to sit in my lines, but given it's good for my skin, I'll have to put up with it.

To be honest, it's not something I would rave about if I had more choices.

Shell has a nice yellow undertone which really helps reduce the appearance of redness and it's not breaking me out or causing skin issues, so I guess I'm happy.

Anyway, I paid 42 pounds for it and almost died of shock.

Since then I've discovered YoungBlood is available A LOT cheaper online in American stores (like less than half UK price), but am always concerned about getting dodgy, old or even watered down products if I buy online.

I've aksed a few US online stores for a cost of shipping (which at the moment still looks like it's come in way under UK prices), so I might take the plunge and buy online soon.

Anyway, to make things easier for us all, I hope someone in the UK starts offering this range at a better price, because at the moment it seems like daylight robbery from skin clinics towards people with little hope of using other products! = NOT FAIR!

I have been using this product for winter and summer and I have to say that my quest for mineral makeup is OVER. Iam allergic to Bismuth so that rules out most MMU. I tried several times to use JI but could never get the color or coverage right. I also samples Pure Luxe cream and could not get the color. For reference I have normal skin some t-zone in summer and drier in winter with yellow untertones. JI in Warm Silk. Well I found a salon that sold the Youngblood and I was hooked. In the winter they gave me a sample to try and also applied one side of the face and went out into the sun. Perfect match. Went home and the next day used it. I do not need a moisterizer during the day and people comment on my skin all the time. When summer came around I got the shade "Suntan" and again a perfect match. Oh how I wish I had know about this sooner. Its great for normal/combo/dry skin but not oily. Will be using this product again and again