Youngblood Mineral Cosmetics Liquid Mineral Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

3.8

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cyclomethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Glycerin, Reduced Salt Deep Sea Water, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Polyoxyethylene, Methylpolysiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Lauryl PGG/PEG-18/18 Methicone, Squalane, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Natto Gum, Cereus Grandiflorus (Cactus) Flower Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Magnolia Biondii Bark Extract, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Propolis Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Thujopsis Dolabrata Branch Extract, Allantoin, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Natural Fragrant Essential Oils- Lemon, Orange, Ylang-Ylang). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The foundation is so light, it feels like I am wearing no makeup at all! I have the shade Sun Kissed (neutral) which is a PERFECT match for my light skin. This liquid formula is probably best for those with dry skin - I tried the compact formula and it made my skin look very cakey. The liquid foundation however makes my skin glow.

How I put on my foundation:

♡ Use half a pump, put on fingertips
♡ Start from the centre of the face and work my way out
♡ Tap my face with my fingers, it lasts a lot longer and looks less shiny that way (also apparently a Russian tip for applying foundation)
♡ Blot if necessary

In Finland this costs too much for what it is.

I'll try this again and update this review if it feels now better on my skin.

I've just started using this foundation after seeing the reviews on here and a trial at my local beauty salon and so far, so good. I've been struggling with hormonal acne since coming off the pill a few years ago and have tried many, many foundations and concealers as I have very sensitive skin (literally everything breaks me out plus my skin is allergic to certain plastics and metals). I've tried mineral based powder foundations in the past but my dry skin doesn't get on with them as they cause itchiness and redness but this liquid one seems fine. I previously used Estee Lauder Double Wear Light foundation and stay-in-place concealer - which offer amazing coverage but when I spilled some on my sink and had to really scrub to get it off, it made me think how much it must be suffocating my skin!

Combined with Paula's Choice 1% BHA which I've just started using, my skin has now cleared up and I've had no new breakouts! I still have red hyperpigmentation from old acne which this doesn't cover as well as, for example, Estee Lauder but if it prevents breakouts then I can live with that whilst my marks fade (using concealer sparingly). I use the 'sunkissed' shade which matches my fair skin well and provides a dewy, healthy look - like another reviewer said below, "like my skin but better". It's staying power is fairly good but, as you would expect, not as good as fuller coverage foundations however, again, if it goods for my skin, then that's fine. I have dry skin and I wouldn't say that this provides any moisturisation at all but it doesn't make it any drier either. It does slightly accentuate dry patches by the end of the day though. Overall, I really love how this makes my skin look and feel healthy. My only gripes are the price (worth it for clear skin) and the weird smell which reminds me of wet paint.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced the smell or whether it's just due to the sample the salon gave me (the end of a full product bottle they used as a tester which may have been getting old)...?

I have been using this foundation for a couple of months now and I love it. My skin is acne prone so I get nervous with foundations but I am really glad I tried this. I have this in the lightest color Shell. It seemed a bit to yellow when first looking at it but it blends with my skin tone perfectly. I am a NC25 color shade in MAC. The consistency of this is very nice, it doesn't feel heavy at all. In fact to me this feels more like a tinted moisturizer which I prefer. I do have acne staining which I want to cover of course but I also have allot of dryness from acne medication so I need something that isn't going to show every dry patch. It does a great job at evening out my skin tone. It provides a light coverage but is buildable so I would say the coverage is light-medium. This foundation does settle into some bad dry spots (is there one that doesn't?if so please tell me) but its not that bad and is quite moisturizing. This gives my complexion a very natural dewy glow. You wouldn't guess I had make up on. My skin looks like mine but better.I purchased this from a Salon Centric which is open to only licensed beauty professionals so I did get this product at wholesale price.The Youngblood website sells it for $49.00 which is expensive but I would say its worth it. I have been using this since the beginning of July and still have plenty of product left. It spreads nicely and you don't need allot of it to cover your face. I love that it comes in a pump bottle. One of the best things I love about this product is that it is perfume free and it hasn't broken me out which is awesome. I will continue to repurchase this!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

First of all I must admit that I don't usually use foundation; it's hard for me to find a match and I have pretty dry and sensitive skin, plus I hate the feeling of having a mask over my face. Youngblood's liquid foundation is fantastic though! It doesn't irritate my skin and even though I have pretty pale skin the shade "Pebble" suits me well, even though in some fluorescent light it can look a bit yellow, however, in natural light it looks perfect!
It IS sheer, in that if there are pimples they will probably need concealer, but it still gives pretty good coverage. It *just* shows my freckles, which is great because I love them.
It lost some points on price because it is quite expensive to buy in Australia, but buying it online from the US or overseas can overcome that.
Not sure if HG but definitely keeping it around.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a foundation that provides a very light coverage. It blends in perfectly with my own skin and it feels like i'm not wearing any foundation (I have this in Pebble). Personally I would like a little more coverage because I have some redness around my nose and cheeks and it doesn't cover this at all - right now my HG foundation is the Lancme Miracle Teint 010, and it's perfect for me. I just wanted to try out the Youngblood foundation because of the ingredients, and it will be perfect for those who have beautiful skin already and just want a foundation to even out skin tone a bit - but I will have to stick with Lancme.

I was in New York, on vacation, and my sister and I had to go to Henri Mendel. A lady with Youngblood came upto me and asked me a few questions. I let her do her thing, not expecting to love this a much as I do, but I love it. It has an amazing consistency and keeps my skin free from oiliness throughout the day. The color keeps my skin looking alive, and not dead (i use pebble). I also have the prime, crushed mineral blush in sherbert, and lip shine in ice blush. I plan on getting the concealer soon, as well as the hd setting powder.

******UPDATE********
I do not use this anymore. I found that the color was much too yellow and looked really bad. This is a good foundation, but it is yet another one that doesn't have a very good shade range.

I love this foundation, don't love the price, I pay $78 AU for 30mL, so painful. D: It is really lightweight which is good and bad - good because you NEVER look cakey, bad if you have a skin condition that needs covering, maybe team it with a powder if this is the case? This foundation is like a second skin and does not cause breakouts.

I just purchased the liquid foundation in shell as I have perioral dermatitis and I'm not supposed to be using anything on my skin (but I've been on antibiotics for a while, and found I still had scarring, sensitivity and flare ups. So switching to dermalogica calming products and using this foundation has actually been a good thing and is helping my skin recover!)

Not sure how I'll go once I come off the antibiotics... here's fingers crossed.

The foundation is OK. It does have a tendency to sit in my lines, but given it's good for my skin, I'll have to put up with it.

To be honest, it's not something I would rave about if I had more choices.

Shell has a nice yellow undertone which really helps reduce the appearance of redness and it's not breaking me out or causing skin issues, so I guess I'm happy.

Anyway, I paid 42 pounds for it and almost died of shock.

Since then I've discovered YoungBlood is available A LOT cheaper online in American stores (like less than half UK price), but am always concerned about getting dodgy, old or even watered down products if I buy online.

I've aksed a few US online stores for a cost of shipping (which at the moment still looks like it's come in way under UK prices), so I might take the plunge and buy online soon.

Anyway, to make things easier for us all, I hope someone in the UK starts offering this range at a better price, because at the moment it seems like daylight robbery from skin clinics towards people with little hope of using other products! = NOT FAIR!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

It's not my favorite foundation but it's in the top. I do love how light it is and how easy it is to forget you're wearing it. I love that it's mineral makeup and doesn't make me break out. It's also good on my dry skin. It doesn't take much to cover my entire face, and the coverage is light.