Youngblood Liquid Mineral Foundation

Filtered by age: 30-35

4.2

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cyclomethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Glycerin, Reduced Salt Deep Sea Water, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Polyoxyethylene, Methylpolysiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Lauryl PGG/PEG-18/18 Methicone, Squalane, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Natto Gum, Cereus Grandiflorus (Cactus) Flower Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Magnolia Biondii Bark Extract, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Propolis Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Thujopsis Dolabrata Branch Extract, Allantoin, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Natural Fragrant Essential Oils- Lemon, Orange, Ylang-Ylang). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

This is by far the best foundation I have used for my skin type. I'm 35 t zone which creates oiliness and dry patches on my forehead. I don't like heavy make up I have tried a lot of foundations and I've never been satisfied as they leave me oily or cakey looking. However this one is just want I needed. It's light coverage which is fine for me as I have quite even skin tone. I do use nars custard concealer which goes well with it and a mac powder. If your looking for a medium to full coverage this isn't for you but if your looking for a make up that doesn't scream make up when your wearing the stuff then this is right up your street

The foundation spreads quite evenly and delivers satin finish. The coverage is light to medium. What I don't like is the feeling of oiliness on my skin. Feels like the foundation can easily slide off unless set with powder. Not a good choice for combo and oily skin. But I can imagine the foundation can be a good match for someone with drier skin.
The color I had is Sunkissed which should be a good match for NCNW20-25 skin.

In Finland this costs too much for what it is.

I'll try this again and update this review if it feels now better on my skin.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this foundation!! I've searched high and low for a good foundation that doesn't have scary ingredients and had given up. I heard about Youngblood and almost didn't give them a try because, really, I've tried so many- was this one really going to be any different? And it's really hard to find in stores to try out shades! But, I tracked it down and I am SO glad I did. My search for a HG foundation is over!
First, awesome ingredients. Second, fantastic coverage and the Pebble shade matches my skin tone *perfectly*. I've never found a foundation that matches me this well. It makes a huge difference and allows me to put foundation just where I need it and I don't have to put it all over my face. Also it feels very light on my skin, like my skin can 'breathe' which is impressive given the high level of coverage it gives. The finish is between matte and dewey, which I love. It doesn't dry out my (dry/normal) skin and it doesn't leave it looking oily. It wears great throughout the day. In the summer I like to set it with the YB rice setting powder. In the winter my skin is too dry for powder and the foundations stays fine through the day with out any setting powder. Very faint fragrance, which is good if you don't like heavy fragrances. I use a foundation brush to apply it, but just fingers works well too. Color stays true and doesn't oxidize during the day. It doesn't get cakey, the flawless finish look lasts amazingly well throughout the day. It is expensive but I only need a little bit to do my whole face so even though I use it almost every day it's still lasted me quite a while.
I cant say enough good things about this foundation! I hope they never change the formula! I've since become a bit of a YB addict and am trying out their other products. Not good for my wallet... but damn their stuff really works for me!

I just purchased the liquid foundation in shell as I have perioral dermatitis and I'm not supposed to be using anything on my skin (but I've been on antibiotics for a while, and found I still had scarring, sensitivity and flare ups. So switching to dermalogica calming products and using this foundation has actually been a good thing and is helping my skin recover!)

Not sure how I'll go once I come off the antibiotics... here's fingers crossed.

The foundation is OK. It does have a tendency to sit in my lines, but given it's good for my skin, I'll have to put up with it.

To be honest, it's not something I would rave about if I had more choices.

Shell has a nice yellow undertone which really helps reduce the appearance of redness and it's not breaking me out or causing skin issues, so I guess I'm happy.

Anyway, I paid 42 pounds for it and almost died of shock.

Since then I've discovered YoungBlood is available A LOT cheaper online in American stores (like less than half UK price), but am always concerned about getting dodgy, old or even watered down products if I buy online.

I've aksed a few US online stores for a cost of shipping (which at the moment still looks like it's come in way under UK prices), so I might take the plunge and buy online soon.

Anyway, to make things easier for us all, I hope someone in the UK starts offering this range at a better price, because at the moment it seems like daylight robbery from skin clinics towards people with little hope of using other products! = NOT FAIR!

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

they had me at "liquid foundation that is good for the skin". nice & dewy. nice coverage. color matches my skintone (golden tan), doesn't clog my pores, i don't break out from it, and a local beauty supply store sells youngblood, so no online ordering necessary. did i mention that it's good for the skin? 'nough said. =)