Vaseline Lip Therapy

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I really love using this for a night time lip balm/treatment. The review I'm writing here is for the plain unscented Vaseline in the adorable lip container or in the huge tin (blue and white; however I've found that the creme brule and cocoa butter formulas, for the lips, feel just as moisturizing and cushiony). This just feels thick (in a good way), cushiony, protective, and super hydrating. This is best applied if you dampen your lips, let them dry for ten seconds or so, and then apply a thin layer.

I gave it 3 lippies for the packaging because I wish they would switch out whatever the heck they have in the blue squeezy tube (for reference, that stuff just feels thin and greasy like it never truly seals yet sinks in and protects) and put in the formula they have in the tin and the cute little container. I actually compared the ingredients for the squeezy tube and the tin and little container and they are shockingly the same, save for the "flavor" or "fragrance" they have added in the squeezy tube. So if it's basically the same, I'm not sure why the squeeze tube feels inferior.

Moral of the story is, go for the one in the tin or cute little container, NOT the squeezy tube, and dampen lips w/ water before applying.

on 2/16/2019 2:32:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have extremely dry and chapped lips that bleed very easily. I’ve tried everything. EVERYTHING!
There are three things that now help me to keep my lips healthy:
- Clinique Repairwear (the silver stick, not to be confused with the green tube that is called Superbalm, the green one doesn’t work at all)
- Biotherm Beurre de Levres
- And good old Vaseline, especially this version with the aloe vera and the rosy version.
I have been using these three products for a year now and my lips look and feel really good now. I really really recommend these products!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I dislike the scent of this lip balm but it IS hydrating. I love that it has aloe extract in it. Vaseline balms always work really well for me so I can't complain much about this one.

on 1/4/2019 7:55:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I’ve tried the laneige sleeping mask, bite beauty (ruined my lips,guessing that I’m allergic to lanolin) and the blue tin Vaseline lip therapy is the most soothing and has the most comfortable texture for your lips. Yes it’s Petroleum jelly, but the blue tin formula also includes Shea butter and vitamin e, which leaves my lips moisturized and happy and does the job compared to high end “lip masks”!

on 4/16/2018 5:39:00 PM

I have the Aloe Vera tin and it’s perfect to soothe burnt lips during the summer time / on holiday!Doesn’t do much for my chapped dry lips I prefer carmex for that job!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i have the tendency to have dry lips and they crack and skin will peel off and bleed. when I go out of the house, i wear lipstick so my lips are moist, but recently I have been working from home and i forget to put on lipstick, so lips are parched.

i have tried so many lip products, all of them after a few days use irritate my skin and I get an allergic reaction, even Burt's Bees lip balm.

i tried regular vaseline, nothing. i tried lip therapy vaseline in plastic container travel size, nothing. But this lip therapy in metal tin is amazing! sometimes i have a hard time opening container becauseof my joint problems in my hand, but i don't secure it tightly anymore.

i have being wearing it every night for over 9 months and i still have 1/2 container. my lips are not dry anymore. even if i don't apply lip product during the day, my lips are still supple. i highly recommend for the price and it does its job.

i have not tried other flavors because slightly concerned about dyes since I have sensitive skin.

on 10/3/2017 12:57:00 AM

my holy grail lip balm. its sticky, but wear it to sleep and i get plump lips the next morning. its like the dried skin just flaked off the next morning. i tried other lip balms and masks (laneige lip mask!) and nothing can compare to how dirt cheap this is.

on 2/25/2017 6:45:00 PM

The idea multitasker for winter dry flakey skin!
I usually use this at night before sleeping to wake up with supple lips!
I also use it as spot treatment on areas that are particularly dry.
My only Con is that it isnt super clean because you have to constantly put your finger in it. The lid can also be a little difficult to open when hands are wet/slippery

Full review:

on 1/2/2017 11:31:00 AM

Rosy Lips version reminds me of a more muted version of a potted lip gloss once sold by L'Oréal. I used to use "Naturelle" all the time and it added a nice natural tone. I don't like the fragrance and taste of Vaseline's Rosy Lip Therapy, although I love the feel and effect. Would get a perfect score if it was unscented and tasteless.

on 12/18/2016 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have this product in two forms, the cocoa butter variety in the round tin, and the rose variety in the mini plastic jar. I prefer both the scent and the packaging of the cocoa version. This product really does help my extremely dry lips though, the best I've found for an overnight treatment. I keep this by my bedside and use it every single night.

Top Rated Lip Treatments