Clarins Super Restorative Total Eye Concentrate

Clarins Super Restorative Total Eye Concentrate
Super Restorative Total Eye ConcentrateClarins Super Restorative Total Eye ConcentrateClarins Super Restorative Total Eye Concentrate

Water (Aqua) , Cyclomethicone , Glycerin , Cetearyl Alcohol , Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides , Propylene Glycol , Silica , Glyceryl Stearate , PEG-100 Stearate , Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) , C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate , Cetearyl Glucoside , Phenoxyethanol , Butylene Glycol , Steareth-21 , Dimethicone , Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract , Carbomer , Tocopheryl Acetate , Tribehenin , Methylparaben , Triclosan , Pueraria Lobata Root Extract , Dimethiconol , Tetrasodium EDTA , Caffeine , Sodium Hydroxide , Ceramide 2 , Butylparaben , Ethylparaben , BHT , Titanium Dioxide , Propylparaben , Isobutylparaben , Mannitol , Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract , Siloxanetriol Alginate , Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein , Sucrose , Diospyros Kaki Fruit Extract , Sodium Methylparaben , PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil , Potassium Sorbate , Sorbic Acid , Yeast Extract (FAEX) , Panax Ginseng Root Extract , Palmitoyl Oligopeptide , Tilia Cordata Wood Extract , Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract , Calcium Pantothenate , Biotin , Geraniol , Citronellol. 10/20/09

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

So my mission to find a good eye cream began with a sample of Clarins Super Restorative Eye Concentrate. I used to love Sisley's Eye & Lip contour cream - until it was discontinued! I'd heard lots about this one so thought I would give it a try.

Although it didn't sting (despite the fragrance) and contained probably the most parabens I've ever seen in a skincare product, plus triclosan!! (say what!?) it did suit my eye area and made it look hydrated and firmer. I also didn't experience any milia which I quite often do with eye creams or treatments, so this was a plus. The only reason I wouldn't invest in the full size is entirely down to my wish to avoid excessive chemicals in my products. I do find most of Clarins' formulations to be at complete odds with their brand image which is a shame as they do have some great products within their portfolio.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

I had a sample of this that I was able to use for a long time, as just a little bit is needed. The texture is light and absorbs quickly but also feels substantial. It's definitely smoothing to the eye area. I have natural dark circles that no cream will help, so I can't speak to that issue, but overall I really liked this product. The full size price of $85 is a bit daunting but I think I will probably splurge for it!

I am on my 3rd bottle of this...using a tiny bit just under my eyes in the morning & a
little more at nite both under my eyes (it reduces puffiness) and on my area above my
eyelid (it actually does tighten it!).

It's pricy, so I am careful about the amount I use...it has a pump, so I had to work out
how much to pump out (pressure-wise)..also in this red bottle it's impossible to tell when
you are close to running out.

I am 70 yrs young and when I ran out the 1st time I resorted to a sample I had just
received of the La Mer equivalent, I could tell that the Clarins product way outperformed
LM.

Word to the wise: buy this from your local store of choice. I ordered some from Clarins.com
and it didn't work as well. I'm thinking that the heat of weather or in shipping warehouse
somehow broke down the key ingredients.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Over the last ten years I have tried so many eye creams. I've found that fine lines, even deeper crow's feet, are fairly easy to fix with any number of creams. But dark circles and puffiness, those are hard things to fix. But the deep puffy pockets I had under my eyes, nothing would make them go away. Until I tried this on the advice of the Ulta salesperson. I saw some results after the first use, but waited a while to write this review. I've been using it about two months now. The skin under my eyes looks like it did 20 years ago. No pockets, no puffiness. The dark areas are easing up, but I still need some concealer. This is really easy to apply, it feels light and absorbs into your skin easily. It works great under makeup. This is super expensive, but I don't think I'll use anything else again.

This eye cream has a good weight to it and doesn’t leave a greasy finish. It sinks in and hydrates without any irritation around my eye area. When you first put it on you get a tingly lift like a coffee based or vitamin c eye cream. I quite like it, it’s hydrating, firming and works well under makeup.

It makes your eyes look awake immediately reduce puffiness but doesn't get rid of dark circles for the price tag I would try something else

on 7/8/2017 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is my favourite eye cream- albeit expensive but for the most part very effective. It has a light almost silky consistency, doesn't feel oily or leave a shiny residue like some eye creams do. Absorbs nicely into the skin. The results are not immediate, but after several weeks of continuous use I notice less fine lines, somewhat of a brightening effect and decrease puffiness- it does not address dark circles. Eye contours appear revitalized imo. It last a long time as w/ any eye cream very little is needed for application. There is a hint of a scent as Clarins is noted for. I usually buy a bottle when there is an incentive program for points, discount etc... it easier to accept the price. A staple product for me.

on 4/19/2017 3:44:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This eye serum is the only one I've ever tried that gave me dramatic results overnight. I know this sounds unbelievable but it's the truth. It tightened the skin and diminished my puffiness and dark circles. I don't even have to use concealer under my eyes anymore. I'd slather it all over my face if it weren't so expensive! If you're looking for an eye serum that works and works fast...this one is it.

Firstly, this product is very expensive, but it is a product that works pretty immediately, and continues to work. I have tried many eye creams, usually from sensitive skin brands, but have never found one that works as well. In fact, I have just returned to this eye cream having had a break, purely for financial reasons. I could not really justify £55 on an eyecream but having left it off for about 6 months, I recently looked at myself and felt that my eyes were looking more crepey and less bright. After the first day, my complete eye area looked smoother, brighter and more luminous, which instantly made me feel as though a few years had been taken off, which in turn made me SO happy - can you put a price on that? Yes, it is VERY expensive, but you only have one face and as I am now into my 50s, I feel I can make cutbacks elsewhere in order to try and preserve some youthfulness! I have very, very sensitive skin and have never had any reaction to this eye cream and can only highly recommend it.

on 4/18/2017 9:05:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I just finished a gift with purchase size sample of this and have been using it every evening for the last five months or so. I found that the texture was very concentrated so I didn't need to use a lot. While I found it to be very hydrating, it did nothing for my dark circles and provided no lift to my eye area. I really didn't see any visible change at all so I wouldn't purchase the full size of this product.