MAC Glitz Gloss - Embellish

No Image

2.7

on 12/30/2008 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

MAC Glitz Gloss is one of my favorite products that I wish MAC would bring back, with a bit of reformulation. I have Embellish and Foreign Intrigue, and the gloss is full of glitter all the way through in the two that I have. I find it is drying, but I put on lip moisturizer before I put it on, and then I line my lips and put on the glitz gloss. I love this stuff, and it's very pigmented on me. If MAC were to bring this back, I'd love to see it be a bit more moisturizing, like their tinted lip moisturizers. I do love the packaging, as someone else mentioned the clear lid is great!

on 3/1/2008 3:29:00 AM

Should've listened to my brains when it screamed at me not to try it. It already looked like Glitter Wonderland. Results were worse. All glitter, no pigment.

Good thing I didn't buy it.

on 11/25/2005 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm disappointed as well...not as great as I expected. The texture is as the previous poster described, rather gritty. On my lips the color is nice - it's a sheer berry with subtle red and silver glitter, but against my pale, slightly yellow skin it didn't work (I think it would be gorgeous on someone with more of an ivory complexion, esp. with dark hair). I added sheer lipglass over it, which did make it come alive, but I'm still not sold on the color. Without the lipglass it had great staying power, however, even through dinner.

Not my favorite MAC product, sad to say.

on 4/27/2006 3:50:00 PM

I love this product as a final touch to my lipstick however I would probably never use it by itself on my lips. I fell in love with the cute packaging and kind of bought it on impulse... The glitter and the color was hypnotizing but once I put it on my lips I was not that impressed. I would probably buy it again if the glitter was all throughout the gloss and not just the top layer.

I saw a photo of someone wearing this and fell in love, I thought it would be the perfect gloss for nighttime wear. Unfortuntaly I'm very disappointed with Embellish, it does give off lots of glitter, but no color on my lips. I will be returning this to my local MAC as soon as I can.

on 1/22/2007 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i bought this very cheap off ebay which i was very pleased about. however after i bought it i read reviews and heard it wasn't that great. but it arrived today and i have to say i love it!

sure it's a little dry on bare lips so i put some lip balm on first. then patted some of teh gloss over it. teh reddy glitter bits didn't look too much for a day look (although i wouldnt wear it to work) and i think it'll look great on a night out with smokey eyes.

so yeah all in all i'm pleased with this product. it's for teh little girl in you that still loves glitter!

on 10/21/2005 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

SO disappointed! As in other reviews for MAC's Glitz Glosses, the top layer of this gloss is VERY glittery. As soon as I applied it, I noticed it is not so glittery underneath the top layer. The color in the pot is gorgeous, but it goes on very sheer. I wish it would remain as glittery as the top layer, but wouldn't feel like sand on my lips! My other disappointment is the packaging. I like the clear top so I can see which shade I'm grabbing for, but I just broke 2 nails trying to open the lid. I'm scared to close it at this point. Before resorting to using my nails, I tried a pen, scissors... even tweezers & couldn't get it open for the life of me. Unfortunately, I cannot deal with an item that is so difficult to open & would not repurchase again.

Popular Lips Products