Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 30-35
Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment   [DISCONTINUED]

3.4

Elaeis Oleifera (Palm) Oil, Prunus Africana Bark Extract, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract, Lecithin, Citronellol, Linalool, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Parfum (Fragrance)

I love the others products from Ojon, but this one didn't surprised me... I used everyday, before washing my hair. To protect the hair worked very well, but I didn't feel the 'restorative' part...

Ok, works if you understand the ingredients . That might not make sense to most-but these ingredients help reinforce and condition the stands as well as stimulate the scalp. When most think of hair "trea wants" they think of ultra conditioning moisturizing oils and creams that weigh the hair down. This smoothed rather then weigh down and encourages natural texture and still allows some vine and bounce . I have medium fine wavey hair and my extensions are European, this works great on both and gives natural texture. Love it

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product was a trip. My fine hair did not like it. Thank goodness it was just a large sample from Sephora. I also don't think I'm fond of the WAY you have to put it on, and the smell was not nice. The results just didn't seem to match up to my expectations.

Besides the smell and ingredients, this is pretty decent.

It smells of bitter cocoa, tobacco and thick smoke. It's ok, but it kinda tip-toes into ashtray land. I quit smoking, so I'm not in a hurry to smell like that again. Thankfully, it goes away after you wash it out.

I saturated my hair, combed the oil through and hit it with a bit of warmth from my blow dryer. When I went to wash my hair I put shampoo in BEFORE I rinsed my hair to break up the oil ( learned that using olive oil for my hair ). I washed my hair twice and put in a conditioner as normal.

I did notice a bit more fall out, but this is only my 1st time using it. If i lose a lot consistently I will update.

My hair felt softer, looked shinier and was easier to style. My package says that the ingredients are mostly palm oil and rosemary....I'm not sure if that justifies the cost since I can get an 8oz jar of palm for $12 and rosemary for $5. I might purchase this again, but probably not regularly.

1 weird thing: the little cap that came with it to give extra protection to the product after opening did not fit.

Update: I wouldn't repurchase this. I know that there are other things that can nourish my hair better, for a cheaper price and NOT smelling like an ash tray. Back to Sephora it goes.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

First time trying this...crap. I am on this quest to restore the damaged hair I have so I thought this sounded perfect. Wrong. It is so greasy but yet not effective at doing anything beneficial to your hair. Stinks, for sure, but I can definitely get past it if it works, but sadly, does not.

Completely different product to what it once used to be. Used to have great musky smell and sit great on the hair. Now it smells like shampoo for psoriasis called pinetasol (smells like pine tree), it is full of other components, whereas there use to be only one, and feels ugly on the hair... My apologies for harsh words -but this is completely different product which is bad and sad to see it go... Will I ever buy it again - I buses the answer is obvious!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have major ambivalence about this product. PRO- it really works well. CON- the smell makes me want to die. I couldn't stand it the first time I tried it and had to wash it out immediately (and then wash my hair two more times to try and get the smell out). But my hair was so soft afterward! I read some reviews here, and the next time, I put a shower cap on over it while it worked. This, while not eliminating the smell entirely, at least made it bearable for the half hour I kept it on. I still had to wash my hair a couple times afterward. But once again, so soft! I think I'd choose it as a sample if it were available, but I wouldn't actually spend money on it ever. The scent is such a turn-off.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Bought this treatment before reading the reviews here as it was recommended by a colleague. Unfortunately I have to agree with a lot of the negative comments as this product does absolutely nothing for my hair. My hair is long and damaged as a result of highlighting. I can live with the smell and have already tried leaving it on for longer, but the product appears to dry my hair out further rather than making it soft and manageable. Drenching your hair in olive oil probably has more effect and is a lot cheaper too! If you want to spend money on a treatment for damaged hair, go for Kerastase or Moroccan Oil or if you're on a bit of a budget go for Elvive's total repair 5 mask.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Yes it stinks like Hell, but YES it works like HEAVEN. I have been using this product on and off for years now. When I started using it I was dyeing my hair Bronde, with super Blonde Highlights and my hair is extremely curly, frizzy and fried. Back then it helped me achieve a silky blowout when I wanted straight hair. Nowadays my hair is jet black and much healthier looking, but I flat iron so the ends are dry and brittle. This always comes to the rescue for me. I apply it on the ends and leave it overnight, then follow by washing the next day and the results are shiny, bouncy, healthy hair. I would continue to purchase this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have very thick, color treated and frizzy hair...If this product is used right you will ha
have a great payoff...Yes less is more in this case...The smell os different...However usimg a capwith this was jist fine...Ojon does not add any extra fillers or fragrance or that will alter what Ojon nuts really do for you...The price may be somewhat high but far cheaper than the salon...Always work from the ends up and less it more...I love this product and have never been happier...