Chanel Venice Violine

No Image

on 1/13/2007 11:42:00 PM

Oooh! What a pleasant surprise. I thought this color looked too dark and dire for me and would make me look Goth (or at my age, like a Goth's old mother). But I got it on eBay anyway and it's REALLY PRETTY! It doesn't go on as dark as you'd think, and the color is complex and beautiful. It somehow manages to be purply-red-bronze all at once, and the overall effect is great. I can't really wear reds, and this is a wonderful alternate. I put L'Oreal gloss over it in Siren and wow! It was probably the best lips look I'd had in a YEAR.

I bought this color on eBay because everyone else liked it so much. Now I am a happy camper too! If you have tried Chanel Infrarouge lipsticks (which they are actively phasing out!!! DARN!!!), this color has much of the same quality of light coverage and complexity of color as an Infrarouge, though it is part of the Hydrabase line.

Venice Violine! What the heck does that mean? Violins in Venice are not rosy purple. But I forgive you, Chanel, because your V.V. color is GREAT!

I dab this colour gently into my lips because its so rich and deep. Its a deep violet rose colour. Very reddish. I like it worn as a stain on my lips with gloss on top.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

This shade falls between a deep red and wine shade. It has a bit of shimmer to it. Already quite popular at my counter - it sold out completely in a day. Very nice for fall.