Clinique High Impact Lip Colour SPF 15 - Extreme Pink

Clinique High Impact Lip Colour SPF 15 - Extreme Pink

3.7

on 3/29/2016 12:40:00 AM

I usually shy away from pink lippies of any shade but this medium bold pink from Clinique is actual pretty decent in my book. It's creamy, pigmented and can last throughout the day, but what I've noticed is that it can develop a rather unflattering sheen when worn for too long. Downsides are in all honesty, the not so great looking packaging. 3/5

on 11/10/2013 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love this lipstick! Received in a BellaBox but will definitely be looking at other shades to buy as well! Lovely pink colour that's not too intense but still opaque. Very moisturising and creamy

To Read all 26 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/19/2013 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really do not care for this lipstick. First of all, I think that this is kind of a boring old-ladyish pink. It doesn't look like a color that I would call "extreme" pink. And on me it looks too frosty with too much white in it. Really does nothing for my fair skin. I generally look better in deeper or brighter plum and berry shades. I also do not like the feel of this lipstick. I like a lipstick with a creamier texture and this one goes on too dry. I would have expected more from a lipstick that calls itself high impact.

on 11/22/2012 5:45:00 PM

I didn't really like this color too much. To me it looks a little cheap and not so flattering for my complexion. I will have to mix this lipstick with other glosses and colors to make it look more decent.
The quality of the lipstick is good though.
P.S. See the photo of the liptick on itself and with gloss above.

on 3/30/2012 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Medium rosy pink with lilac metallic sheen. Moisturizing and long lasting. I don't like it applied heavily straight from the tube - the metallic sheen doesn't look flattering on me but dabbed as a stain with some clear gloss looks springy, girly and pretty. A good one but nothing exciting. I'll use it up gladly but probably won't repurchase.

Extreme Pink is from the High Impact line (instead of Color Surge).

During summer, I wore this outside with my gardening hat so that my lips wouldn't get sunburned. To get the SPF benefit, I put it on thick and it was very festive bright pink with metallic shine! Think 1980's neon era....Gloria Estefan, George Michael from Wham. Or later, Joey from Friends doing the Ichiban, Lipstick for Man ad.

Because of the wild colour and metallic shine, I was only going to use this as my gardening SPF lip product. But I am enjoying it as a lip stain during the winter. When NOT needing the SPF effect from this, and not wanting to draw attention to self, I just put on a thin layer to slightly colour the lips. No metallic shine that way. If the winter air is dry, I add some clear gloss overtop.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

One of my favourite lipsticks from Clinique! I recieved this as part of Bonus Time, and I would definately repurchase a full sized tube. The colour is a really pretty, medium bold pink with a little shimmer. I like the fact that it's not too drying, and it also has great staying power, atleast 4 hours ime. You can use this for everyday use when just dabbing it on your lips or with a brush for sheer pink colour or for evenings, you can layer it a little, which looks gorgeous! Looks great against my NC15, fair skin.

on 1/17/2012 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Can be a little overwhelming, I admit.
But on my pigmented lips, it looks wonderful!
I just dab lightly on my lips with my finger/a lip brush , and it's the perfect MLBB ! With a little gloss on top it's sooo beautiful .
The key is to apply just a little bit.

For reference-I'm nw15-20, bluer eyes and light brown-dirty-blond hair.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

It's one of my most used lippies for a few reasons:
- Love the colour. It's a darkish pink with quite finely milled glitter. It also doesn't look too dark on my naturally pink lips.
- It lasts all day
- Not drying if you put a layer of lip balm on underneath
-I've been using it for over a year and there's still product left!
I generally use this lipstick as more of a stain (using my fingers to dab the colour on) to disperse the pigment a little more. I'm kinda surprised at the relatively low ratings for this lipstick - i love it!

on 3/3/2011 10:09:00 AM

I got this as part of a Bonus Time gift, so can't comment on the price. The color in the tube is a deep pink with a slight metallic shimmer. Unfortunately this is too dark for my skintone (also very attention-grabbing!) and also dries out my lips a little. I ended up melting this down and mixing with a melted lipbalm so it mutes the color and also stops my lips getting dry. I do this on occasion with lipsticks that are too bright or dark. I wouldn't buy this even though the color is gorgeous and would work for the right person.