Vivienne Westwood Boudoir

Vivienne Westwood Boudoir
Boudoir

3.7

on 11/16/2017 11:22:00 PM

I love this fragrance and am so happy I own this. I’m a child of the 90’s so I knew of this, but never tried it. I had purchased Al Rehabs Nebras which apparently is a dupe for Boudoir. I loved Nebras so much that I wanted the real thing. So I found a 1 once bottle and my juice is kinda orange pink which is from the vanilla in this. So if it doesn’t look light pink that doesn’t mean it’s bad, just aged is all. This scent to me embodies everything a woman is and can be, sexy, alluring, daring, confident, and beautiful. To me this is a depends on the moment scent. It can be perfect for a night out or one at home. So I wear this when I want to feel sexy and confident. It’s a floral powerhouse and a little goes a long way. It has great longevity and silage too.

I love the drydown on this on me it turns into a powdery floral. It smells so good! The carnation and aldehydes in this I really like I think it makes the scent so pretty. It’s what I smell on the first spray it starts to develop as I wear this. Turning from floral heaven that’s very strong to a more gentle floral chypre on my skin. I thought I wouldn’t like the tobacco note but not so. I’m now more inclined to try it now. I love how this becomes a powdery, flowery, vanilla, sandalwood,goodness. It’s very sexy and intimate.

I also love the bottle the top is so cute like a ufo with a cross. Love the colour of the parfume, and the price isn’t too bad either. When I have more $$ I’m going to get the 75ml bottle as this will remain in my fragrance rotation. I love this scent! If you like a big gorgeous floral with some other goodies thrown in I think one would really like this, I know I do. Recommended.

on 10/23/2015 5:29:00 PM

I've had dozens of bottles of this now. This has long been my signature scent and I have had so many compliments...

It's soft, floral, girly but not sweet. I look for perfumes that don't smell like candy, but are soft and gentle. It has top notes of Vibernum, bergamot and mandarin and base notes of Patchouli, sandalwood, tobacco leaves, cinnamon and vanilla. But it doesn't smell overly complex. I feel it works well across seasons too.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Boudoir is a very floral perfume with a little bit of powder and spices upon spraying, but without getting overbearing. It's not heavy, but rich in flowers. The rose and orange blossom are especially prominent. I'm usually not a big fan of rose perfumes, but I love the dusty rose in this! It's notes mix together real nice. I absolutely love the opening of Boudoir and the flowers will remain for days if I spray it on my clothes.

On some parts of my skin, Boudoir sadly doesn't work. I've always had dry skin, and when I spray this on my wrists (they're extremely dry), the flowers disappear within 15 minutes and what's left is a mix of cinnamon and overpowering tobacco. Some days it'll get so bad that I'll smell like an ashtray, and I don't even smoke! Because of this, I'll just stick to spraying it in my cleavage on on my neck. A little Boudoir goes a long way anyway!

Boudoir is very long lasting and packs quite a sillage punch. It can easily become too much, so beware of over spraying and consider it's projection in warm weather.

In winter I'll definitely spray all my scarves with this perfume. The floral stage will be around forever when on clothes, and I just love it. It's not really an ideal skin scent for me, but I can make it work as long as I pay attention to where I'm spraying. Boudoir has a seductive rich rose, is very powdery and gives a bit of a vintage feel.

I am writing this review because I am suddenly anxious that this fabulous perfume is becoming 'less available' - my Australian perfume stockist can only get hold of the 30ml bottles now. I did so like the larger 75ml bottles! All of Westwood's other (lovely) perfumes are no longer being sold through her website - only Boudoir remains. I fervently hope Westwood does not have this one in her sights!
This compelling fragrance is a holy grail and offers me everything I would ever hope to obtain from a perfume. It is feminine and floral, it has depth, it is an interesting mix of the classic and unpredictable, and it takes the wearer on a definite journey.

This is not a linear 'EDT'-type or linear perfume! I don't think I could ever get tired of it.
I've read others describing the 'dirty panties / sweat / p***' note.
Sounds exciting, but I experience a fabulous, very sniffable, tart opening counterpoint which gives way to a lush and skin-loving floral. It is not a prissy scent. But it is not an ugly or degrading one either. I actually found the entry notes much less off putting than Agent Provocateur L'Agent (which I actually love once the opening settles down).

It is complex, but not bombastic as, say, the original Dior Addict. It definitely has 'fullness' though. In fact it is a wonderful alternative to the modern 'lifestyle' aquatic or melon scents - this is anything but super 'fresh' and anything but super sporty. In that way, it is old fashioned.

The tart opening offers me a refreshing quality which makes me happy to wear (sparingly) in warmer weather. Yet the orchestra of florals makes me think of it as a colder weather scent too. Comforting, uplifting AND sexy, with excellent sillage and fairly good longevity.

This is a perfume where I like to have several back ups! I hate to say 'signature', but I show no signs of falling out of love, and I've been wearing this for at least seven years.
It is true the colour of the fluid changes over time. The colour of my (now discontinued) 75ml bottle was light pink and became amber, even as I stored it very carefully in the dark of my perfume drawer over a few years. If anything the fragrance improved.
(I have also seen this happen with other perfumes).

Please don't EVER discontinue this perfume! A modern classic that deserves to live forever!

on 12/27/2014 7:31:00 AM

Have worn this perfume for 6 years now and bought over 10 bottles, will probably wear for the rest of my life if they still sell it! Smells like woman and that's the only way I could describe it! My friends and family smell it across rooms and think of me, they adore it and I do too.

on 12/27/2014 6:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I bought a mini of this perfume because I really wanted to experience the infamous "dirty panties note". What can I say? I'm a scent risk taker!
Anyway, when I put it on the first thing I get is honeyed orange blossom, rose, spicy canrnation & all of this is covered by powdery orris. The opening orange blossom & honey note had me thinking a bit about Elie saab le parfum but much less sharp. That goes away & then the notes seem to blend & on me Boudoir becomes creamy, soft, very warm & sensual. I asked my husband what he thought & he said it smells very warm & like something you'd imagine a woman in lingerie would be wearing.....so maybe there's something in this perfume that makes one think about lingerie, lipstick, high heels & well...a Boudoir!

on 1/18/2014 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I have the pink juice. This is one sexy beast, all right... in the same league as Shalimar, Habanita, Tabu, Rochas Femme, Youth-Dew bath oil... well, you get the picture. :-)

On me, I mainly get roses, carnation, cinnamon, tobacco, cherry bubblegum (only at the beginning), vanilla, vintage face powder (applied with a fluffy pastel pink powder puff, of course) & that (in)famous 'dirty panties' note. That note is really not as repulsive as it sounds... rather it's more like clean sweat & adds a delightfully naughty twist which I think is genius. I just LOVE how retro, ultra-feminine, smooth & sensual this one is... Boudoir is EXACTLY the scent I imagine wafting from the cleavage of those glamorous 40s/50s pin-up girls. :-)

The bottle design is magnificent & sillage & longevity are out of this world -- believe me when I say that this is probably one of the very few fragrances available today that actually has ANY staying power at all & that you can ACTUALLY smell on yourself THE WHOLE DAY instead of disappearing in a matter of minutes. 1-2 spritzes is enough, no re-application necessary. Very high quality ingredients in this one & it smells natural, nothing chemically or synthetic to my nose. It seems that aside from it being much, much less skanky than it used to be, the quality hasn't been compromised all these years & we have Dame Vivienne to thank for that... because unlike other idiot designers, she seems to genuinely care about & is protective of her gorgeous flagship 'fume. Will ALWAYS have this beauty in my collection.

The official notes from Vivienne Westwood website:

Bergamot, Mandarin, Viburnum, Red English Roses, Tobacco Flowers, Heliotrope

The notes from Fragrantica:

Top: Aldehydes, Bergamot, Hyacinth, Orange Blossom
Heart: Jasmine, Rose, Narcissus, Carnation, Orris Root, Cardamom, Coriander
Base: Patchouli, Sandalwood, Tobacco Blossom, Cinnamon, Vanilla

on 11/5/2012 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

am having an olfactory orgasm here! Sex in a bottle is darn right!!! - an amazing aphrodisiac, that has an indomitable staying power and could not possibly be more feminine bordering on "drag queen"in the best sense of it! Leather, cherry brandy and some serious sweaty sex stuff! And yes, I have worn it to the office! It is by no way offensive to others, but it also leaves no doubts to those who might be wondering what's on the wearer's mind. And it will be, after the very first spray! It gave me a very much-needed back then "je ne sais quoi" feel about myself and definitely unleashed some demons into the boudoir part of everyday. I never felt more confident and powerful as a woman while I wore it. It has been a while since , because I just had to try everything else out there, but in my heart (and nose!) I know this is THE HG, I just need to play around a little bit longer and then come back and never stray again. :) Definitely not for summertime, strictly evening/cold season stuff. The bottle is fabulous, the contents are divine, but you have to live up to it. Wallflowers, steer clear of this, seriously.

on 9/6/2012 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

A stunning scent that is complex and interesting. Sexy as hell. Just tried the new Coco Noir today and the Westwood leaves it for dead on so many levels.

Someone suggested that Boudoir is reminiscent of Giorgio but I fail to see the connection.

This is a unique fragrance with great silage and long lasting. Try before you buy but definitely try.

on 7/6/2012 1:37:00 PM

Got to be one of the sexiest perfumes ever. This one used to be positively carnal in its appetite. However the last bottle had been cleaned up and was less skanky. It is basically a huge heavily indolic white floral. The 'used underwear' note that used to make it so memorable has been toned down but is still there. Try to get the orange rather than the pink juice if you can and don't overspray, this tiger has teeth! Not suitable for the office or school but for a night out or a very dirty weekend this is perfect. Have and will repurchase.

Popular Fragrances