CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Filtered by skin tone : Medium Brown
CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.5

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this! I have combination sensitive and acne prone skin. this takes off the dirt and makeup completely. it leaves my skin moisturized and takes off waterproof mascara. it just leaves a residue or a white film when i clean my eyes using this so it's really hard to see cause of the blurry vision. just rinse it off right away and you'll be fine. my skin also adjusted to this for a wk. wish it comes with a spatula. highly recommended. here is my full review http://brushstrokesandlullabies.blogspot.com/2017/03/hg-cleanser.html

on 12/31/2016 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this! I have combination,super sensitive and acne prone skin. This takes off all the dirt and makeup completely! It doesnt leave my skin dry. I love that after i cleanse my skin with this,it leaves my skin moisturized. I also love how it takes off stubborn makeup especially waterproof mascara. It literally takes off everything! Only thing is,it leaves a residue when it gets in my eyes. Result is having a blurry vision but i can live with that since ill just wash my eyes and its fine again. Also since i have super sensitive skin,my skin adjusted with this cleanser. I had 1-2 bumps for a wk. this would be perfect if it had a spatula that comes with it. I also use this with a muslin cloth. This lasts a long time considering the price. Its worth it. Higly recommended!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

It's a cleansing balm that removes all traces of makeup including waterproof and it does not irritate the eyes. It does not have a scent and is not super oily like some cleansing balms. I've used this now for over a month. While I still like it, it is causing break outs on my skin. Not a repurchase.

on 12/24/2015 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This balm is great. It removes absolutely all the make up and leaves nothing. It's not drying and leaves the skin smooth.

on 8/18/2015 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I'll be honest and say I've been sucked into the hype around this product and went out and bought it.
At 22, it's definitely the most expensive skincare product that I own but I feel as though it's justifiable.

I love how it's unscented! And I love using it to give myself a mini facial massage. I apply a small amount to my face, rub it in and then apply a warm flannel to my face to wipe it off. It does a pretty good job at removing eye and face make up.

However, my eyes feel so uncomfortable when I remove my eye make up and my eyesight becomes blurry. Also, I cringe a little every time I put my fingers in the tub but that could be avoided by using a spatula to scoop out some product.

All in all, it's a great product and I seem to have abandoned my micellar water for it - oops!

on 9/27/2013 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I needed something to replace my previous make up remover (PreCleanse by Dermalogic) that I had to stop using. I read reviews on this and started using it on Monday. So far I am very happy with it.

As others have said, it looks like Crisco or Vaseline, but once it's on your face, it immediately dissolves and begins melting that make up. I work this in and really loosen up my make up and then add a bit of warm water and it get's really milky. I then rinse and all the make up is gone! I follow with a cleanser and toner. This is a make up remover, not a cleanser. So I highly recommend following this product with a cleanser. It is excellent at removing makeup! I recommend this product and will purchase it again if my skin continues to respond well with it.

on 6/5/2010 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Update:
I have to take a lippie off. I don't understand why this irritates my eyes so much. I've been using this for a month or two now, and almost every single time it has made my eyes feel scratchy, get red, and feel as if I had pink eye. It also dries my skin out a lot over time, I have to be careful to use a very gentle cleanser afterwards for the second cleanse. Idk what to use anymore. The least irritating mu remover I had tried before this was Garnier micellar water with the pink calp, but over time it also becomes irritating if I'm not careful to not get much inside my eyes.
___________________

This has HG status on my cabinet. It might be expensive but worth every penny. You massage it on your face like a cleanse off oil, to take off EVERYTHING, even eye makeup, and then you rinse it off and follow with your gentle face cleanser like normal. Its great. No more tugging and separate eye makeup remover! Hope its never discontinued. I actually enjoy the tub packaging, though it is messy, I dont care!

on 1/15/2010 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is an awesome makeup remover. I previously used wipes but some would irritate my sensitive skin or not remove everything especially my eye makeup without a lot of tugging and rubbing. This is simple and quick and takes off everything. Sometimes when I have on really heavy mascara and liner I do use an eye make up remover first just to loosen things but its rare. The price is pretty high but you really don't need much.