CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.5

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

on 1/11/2018 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

So a bit of background, I have super sensitive, dry/combination skin, acne prone skin. I know from trial and error that i seem to be sensitive to dimethicone among other things. I can't use most products without getting itchy little angry bumps across my forehead and cheeks, but not with this. This product is so neutral and it does the job. I wear heavy makeup daily and this usually cleanse with this before i go in with Kiehl's cucumber herbal conditioning cleanser, but even without the second cleanse, all my makeup is gone after one wash. The only thing I don't like about this is that it comes in a pot and I have to dip my finger in it. I suppose the balm is too thick for a pump anyway. I've used this a little over two weeks now and haven't had a single breakout nor does my skin tingle after use like it usually does when my face doesn't like a product. It's pretty amazing

Ingredients:
Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, PEG-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water / Aqua / Eau, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol.

on 4/9/2017 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Already bought it again two more times. Best makeup remover. Doesn't make my skin oily nor break me out. No need to double cleanse after using this if you don't feel like it.

on 11/5/2016 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

LOVE. This melts my makeup right off my face and doesn't sting my eyes at all (my vision can get a bit blurry if I'm not careful). I've used a makeup wipe right after using this, to see if I missed anything, and the wipe was spotless. I've never had anything remove my makeup so well. My only complaint is the price. It's expensive for something that won't be on your face for longer than 5mins.

on 10/15/2016 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Makeup removers and remover wipes have always been a fail for me. Either they don't work well enough or they irritate my sensitive skin, especially around my eyes. This cleansing balm is the love of my life. I slather it on! It's solid in the jar and melts instantly on to skin. It feels like oil once it emulsifies but it's not 'greasy,' just very emollient. I apply a hefty amount (probably more than I need to lol) and gently massage it in, then I remove with a clean damp, warm washcloth. My skin is so soft afterwards. The I follow up with a cleanser because I have oily and acne prone skin. This truly gets ALL of your makeup off with ease and does not irritate my skin or eyes whatsoever. It's a bit pricey but it's so worth it and one jar lasts about 3-4 months for me. I will use this forever and ever.

I actually like the jar. I scoop it out with a plastic cosmetic scoop or the back of my fingernail (freshly washed hands of course). The balm is so thick that it would not work in a tube or pump.

on 11/11/2015 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

HG cleanser! This stuff has replaced my beloved DHC cleansing oil that I had been using for years. One jar of this balm lasts me at least 6 months even though I use this every night. I would go through a bottle of the DHC every 3 months and it was not convenient to replace. I love that you can kind find this balm just about anywhere and i find it so much easier to travel with because it is not a fluid and does not leak. My skin feels nice after rinsing as well, not dry at at. I do double cleanse but this balm removes all my makeup easily. Highly recommend!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This had all the ingredients for me to love it. I like using cleansing oils - DHC was my first and is still my favourite but this is so much more easily available.

Everything is perfect except that I feel like it doesn't cleanse that well! I use it in the middle of the day at office to remove my morning tinted sunscreen. While with all other cleansing oils, I can see the colour come off when I rinse, this hardly has any colour come off. And if I do apply anything later with a cotton pad, a little colour comes off on the pad. Considering it's a balm and not as liquid as an oil, maybe it does require a bit more rubbing, say with a cloth, but then why not use an oil in the first place which doesn't require that extra work?

Positives - it feels so good to massage into my skin and is easy to carry around. It also leaves my skin feeling quite moist and doesn't irritate or seem to cause acne. It's fragrance free - I really don't see why cleansers need fragrance anyway.

on 6/7/2015 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have combination-oily skin and wear make-up most days. I love balms for make-up removal because it requires one step and absolutely no rubbing cotton pads or tissue over my sensitive lids. I do a second cleanse with a different cleanser.

I find this removes make-up better than any other balm I've tried. It looks like Crisco in the tub but a surprisingly small amount (20 p size) melts down quickly and takes off all my foundation, layers of wp mascara etc with no problems. I use a warm damp wash cloth to remove and found that splashing alone didn't really get the job done. Also, of all the balms I've tried, this leaves behind no oily residue at all. That is particularly welcome as we head into the warmer more humid months. If you wanted to use just this and no second cleanse it would probably be ok, but I always second cleanse (adult acne trauma made me hyper-vigilant to my skin care).

The packaging is very nice, plastic but substantial and the purple base and silver lid look pretty in my cabinet. I find the packaging manages to hold the product (no greasy lids etc, unlike Emma Hardie) and holds up well. The price of this product is very reasonable as compared with the rest of the balm market. It is more up front than its DS counterparts but the package contains much more than other tubs and you need less of this than any other balm I've tried. After two months of daily use I've just started to make a noticeable dent.

I really enjoy using the product. It has no scent at all but it feels very soft and not greasy as you work it into the skin. It has enough slip to give myself a good facial massage but rinses clean. It feels very luxurious to use and it works. I enjoy my skin care routine and this product fits in well. I can't recommend this enough. I give this 5 lippies on all counts and I will definitely buy it again.

on 7/2/2014 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

So far I'm really liking this cleansing balm and I'm never tempted to buy Clinique's skincare ever because it all sounds so harsh most of the time and I barely look at their makeup.

My skin is oily, sensitive and acne prone and this balm is smooth, soon becomes a rich yet light oil on my fingertips and feels fine when I apply it to my face when I'm wearing makeup and when I massage the balm all over. I use a washcloth/flannel with hot water to wipe this off and I don't feel any film-y residue left behind and I feel clean. This doesn't seem to make my acne flare up or trigger any allergies at all.

I use this as the first step in a double cleanse when I'm wearing makeup along with, at the moment, Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip cleanser which foams a little bit but in the mornings sometimes I still like to use this cleansing balm after I use the Ceramic Slip cleanser as that cleanser is slightly drying and tightening because the Mirena coil I'm using has dried up some of the moisture and oil on my face sadly. It make me feel much more comfortable after that also.

on 1/16/2012 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

after realizing that my cleanser which is also supposed to be a makeup remover was not getting all of my foundation off, i started searching for a makeup remover. i spent a few hours reading reviews and searching on youtube and this cleansing balm was something that was well loved by many. it was also just what i was looking for because i hate having to wipe my face with towelettes,wash cloths etc. i was looking for something that i could rinse off. so off i went to the clinique counter and i pruchased this for around $30.00. the tub is pretty big so i can see it lasting me for a long time. so that made the price worth it to me. i wear cream foundation and this balm removed it quickly and with ease and with no scrubbing or wiping. i just took out a small amount of the balm and gently massaged my face in circular motions and then rinsed with warm water. not only was the foundation gone but my complexion looked better too! i will definitely keep using this and i will up this to 5 lippies once i determine that it doesnt break me out. will update in a few weeks.

UPDATE: 1/18/12
woke up the next morning with clogged pores all over..this is going back to the store.

on 12/27/2011 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

My HG make-up remover. On my 3rd jar now.

Lovely fragrance free balm that feels soothing and calming to massage on your skin for as long as you want. Whether you use it for a few seconds or a few minutes, it takes all make-up off instantly. Some kinds of lipstick may need wiping off with a cotton ball/ pad, but for the rest of the face just a quick massage with your fingers and rinsing with water gets everything off.

Does not leave a residue or film after. Does not dry out skin.

I would suggest follow up for a second cleanse with a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser (see my review of this).

Definitely not cheap - in fact, it's very expensive. But it's the only make-up remover that is good for my dry/ combination skin. It lasts a while. It goes against my previous advice in other reviews of using a cheap cleanser so you can splurge on other skin products. However, as I said, it's the only make-up remover than gentle and thorough on my skin.