CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

3.8

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Oh my god...YES. I have been meaning to pick this up for a while now and could not be happier. I read the other reviews saying that it really does the job, but I was still skeptical. I have tried everything and although some things are good, there is always some trace of eyeliner left (I do love a good tight-liner! but it's brutal to take off)...but not with this! I am seriously amazed. I work this into my face for maybe 60 seconds? Rinse it off, and no trace of eye makeup is left, and my face is completely makeup free. I follow it up with my favourite winter cleanser by La Roche-Posay (Toleriane), and my face feels perfectly cleansed. I am seriously thrilled and this is my new makeup remover. Hats off to Clinique...they nailed it.

on 8/30/2017 1:16:00 AM

on my 3rd jar of this and already have a 4th one aswell. amazing cleanser! takes away the most stubborn waterproof make up specially eye make up. I use a disposable mascara wand to get my waterproof mascara off if I know I layered it on multiple times.vwadh it off n ur skin is baby soft. I'm never using any other cleanser wish it was a bit cheaper!

on 8/30/2017 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this!! Perfect for travel. I've used the oil also and both work great. A little of this works great. Will last forever. I do a 8 step skin care routine so I use a gel cleanser right after this then an exfoliate.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is one strange product for me. I can't really scoop it out like a gel so I end up putting my fingers into it multiple times and it gets really dirty really quickly. I don't think I should remove makeup from my makeup remover! It converts to a pretty slick oil/silicone remover quickly and does a nice job of breaking down all my makeup; but then its time to rinse. I usually use cool water instead of warm to rinse my face and when that cool water comes into contact with this balm on my face it solidifies again and i struggle to get it off. I won't be repurchasing this specific item from the line, but I did try the TTDO Cleansing Milk and it works like a dream. Not a total lose on the Clinique makeup removers, I just changed over to a different product.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Very greasy.. not good for oily skin.. i think this would be a great cleanser for dry skin tough

on 11/25/2016 1:32:00 AM

LOVE!!! This is one of those products that everyone raves about but I took forever to try it for some reason.

TTDO Cleansing Balm does a beautiful job of removing all of my makeup, very thorough but gentle too. The balm is solid in the jar but it melts into a silky oil upon contact with the skin. Rinses off cleanly and leaves no film behind.

No fragrance and no irritation. Doesn't bother my eyes at all.

Just an excellent product all-around. One of Clinique's best! I will absolutely buy this again. Highly Recommended!! A+++

on 10/15/2016 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this based on my love of Clinique's Take the Day Off for eyes & lips. In a way this cleanser makes me feel back in the 1950's when women took their makeup off with cold cream, given the thick consistency. It will become milky when water is added. If you're not careful, you can easily add too much water, so only use enough to dampen your hands. Unfortunately, this product still leaves a layer of makeup on, so that I have to follow up with a second cleanser or some micellar water. This could be because I use a lot of waterproof products & setting sprays (I live in a very humid area). While I bet this is fine for really light and/or powder products, it just doesn't cut it for liquid or waterproof makeup. There are a lot of better options out there for way less money.

on 8/1/2016 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This balm cleanser didn't work for me. It removes makeup great, but I did not like that it is recommended you use a wash cloth to remove it. My face got irritated from using wash cloths because it's way too harsh. So overall, not pleased with this. I much prefer Clinique's cleansing oil.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This. is the best thing. I have bought myself. Period. I picked this up during Sephora's VIB $20 off $50+ purchase and it retails for $29.50. That sounds like a lot to shell out for an oil cleanser, but I don't use it for my entire face. I end up washing my face after removing my makeup anyway so it'd just be a waste. I don't wear too much foundation/concealer/no contour so my heaviest makeup is on my eyes- primer, shadow, pencil liner, liquid liner, mascara. I use literally a baby's pinky nail size amount for both eyes each night. It sounds like it'd be hard to spread, right? But a drop of water turns this balm into a milky texture, and the product is much more slippery. It easily removes my makeup and wipes clean with a wet baby washcloth. Not greasy like coconut oil, and I can see this lasting me for more than a year. So this is a pretty cheap product for how much I can get out of it! It's so fun to watch all my eye makeup melt off that it's become my favorite part of my face washing routine! Only complaint is the giant jar isn't portable, I'd have to transfer some to a container if I want to bring it anywhere, and the jar size isn't ideal for sanitary reasons too. But the product itself? Perfect.
p.s. I chose this over the Lancome Bi-Facil because in the long run, if used as just eye makeup remover, it will last much longer than a liquid remover. So...trust me, it took me a long time to make the switch, haha

on 12/14/2015 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I really wanted to like this but my skin did not approve. I love cleansing balms and have tried a few - elemis and thefaceshop's fermented cleansing grains cleansing balm - I loved these so much I thought it would be great to find something more accessible in the US.

TTDO seemed to strip my skin of oils and led me to have some minor irritation and a breakout. Not entirely sure why but I don't think I'll give it another chance.