CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.5

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

If you're looking for something that really takes off waterproof eyeliner and mascara, this is the product for you. A little goes a long way with this one in that just a small dab warmed up between your fingers will easily start to break down your makeup. The reason for my 3-star review is that the jar does not come with something to scoop out the balm. Once you've started rubbing your fingers on your makeup you don't want to put your dirty fingers back in for more if you need it. So I end up using both hands, getting them both full of makeup as I touch the faucet handles and try to put the top of the jar back on. I know, I'm probably weird and don't have to do this, it's just routine. Second, I'm not sure if others have noticed but this leaves a film in my eyes! Whether I have contacts in or not, it gets blurry sometimes and I have to be careful to wash it out.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It isn't very often I wear heavy makeup but when I do, this is one of the best things in my collection to remove it with at the end of the night. I find it doesn't leave a film on my skin or break me out in any way. I've always been a sucker for Clinique's packaging and this one sits pretty on my bathroom shelf. It is quite a basic formulation, nothing too complex, plus it benefits from the addition of Tocopherol (Vit E) as a bonus. Will re-purchase.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I'm constantly trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample/trial sizes from e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation/Anti-Ageing: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is my new favourite cleanser! I use this after my Micellar water as an actual face cleanser. It cleans amazingly, and leaves my skin so so soft. It doesn't aggravate any redness either!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

After trying a sample from my Ulta Clinique counter I was instantly blown away by this cleanser. My face had drastically turned to dry this winter and my usual Purity was feeling a tad too drying on my skin. This is such a creamy, oily, wonderful cleansing balm that does NOT leave a trace of build up or oil on your skin. Your skin just feels soft and supple while feeling clean and fresh.
I bought this balm about a month and half ago and I'm now starting to feel as though I'm running out. Granted I wash my face twice a day, and sometimes I need to use it twice if I'm wearing a lot of makeup. That's the reason I took off a lippie is because I definitely need to use it twice to get everything off, especially eye makeup. A trick I found is I apply it to my eye makeup first, press my fingers on my lids to sort of let the balm "melt" the mascara and liner off, and then wipe around my face. This gives the balm time to work on the stubborn eye makeup while you're rubbing off the face makeup. I like that this creates a nice milky texture once you apply water to it, and when I go in for a second round the formula doesn't stray even though I'm using it wet.
Another gripe is it may be TOO oily for my skin. I feel as though I've broken out a tad since using it and since re-incorporating my Purity into my regimen I'm noticing less breakouts. Still it's a fabulous cleanser for getting super heavy makeup off and perfect for dry girls! Just might clog my pores a tad but I'm sure to use & buy this again!

on 10/2/2016 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is the best cleansing balm. I am on my second jar, the first one lasted for 6 months!!! It is very gentle and effective with removing any makeup and sunscreen. Also, it is good for massaging your face.

on 9/16/2016 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Amazing at removing all makeup. I tried The Body Shop's cleansing butter but found it was stinging my eyes. With this one, I can remove waterproof mascara and eyeliner without it stinging at all and you don't need to rub hard at all. It's really easy to use and a little goes a long way. If you have dry skin, this will moisturise it but won't make it greasy.
I was skeptical about spending so much on it (AU$55) but I use about a pea-sized amount each night so this tub will last me a very long time and it is very much worth my money! Would highly recommend.

on 8/30/2016 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This balm is definitely great at removing all your make up. You get quite a large amount for your money and a little goes a long way. The only thing that has put me off re purchasing is the horrible uncomfortable film it leaves on the eyes! It takes me a while to get the film off my eyes. This for me is a deal breaker which is such a shame as it does remove make up so well. For reference I am an oily combination skin type and the balm was fine on my skin. I didn't find it uncomfortable on the rest of my face just eyes.

on 6/12/2016 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I LOVE this product for removing makeup and sunscreen. I used to use coconut oil but I didn't like the thick oily feeling and that I would have to use a washcloth to get it off. This product rinses off with little to no effort with water and takes EVERYTHING with it! on heavy makeup days I use a separate eye makeup remover but on days I wear just mascara and a little liner I can use this and it takes it off just fine. (it does make your eyes blurry so contact lens users beware). I use a cleanser and my clarisonic after I rinse everything off and I've realized my brush head is COMPLETELY WHITE when I'm done! & no makeup residue on my cotton ball after toning. I've noticed since I've been using it my skin looks much more clear (less congested pores) and brighter. a little goes a VERY long way so it'll last long which is worth the price. only con is the tub is kind of annoying but deff not a deal breaker. I don't think I'll ever be without this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This cleansing balm is a dream, feels beautiful removes make up and dosent make skin feel tight. The only downside is I tend to have to double cleanse when using this.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a really effective makeup removing balm. It goes on extremely smooth (no gritty bits), removes makeup and can be washed off with water and your bare hands. It washes off better when the water is slightly warm. The skin is left extremely clean without making it squeaky clean or dry at all. I'm paranoid though, so I go over with a mild face wash. But on days I forget, it works just fine. I highly, highly recommend this product. It is un-fragranced, mild, affordable and extremely effective.