CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Filtered by eye Color : Green
CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.4

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

Very good at cleaning the skin. Nothing is left. However it was *extremely* drying on my dry sensitive skin. It didn’t cause any immediate irritation however. I don’t know if this would cause me to breakout or give me clogged pores as I have only used it 4 times. It is probably one of the most drying cleansers I have ever tried.

I had the same reaction with Clinique Take the day off cleansing oil, so maybe my skin just doesn’t do well with cleansing oils and balms. I will go back to using Bioderma Sensibio H20 micellar water which although it takes longer to clean the skin and not quite as gentle as this (but still fairly gentle) it isn’t drying.

I will not repurchase this, but I’m glad that I tried it.

on 1/25/2019 8:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Meh... not sure how I feel about this product... I was never into double cleansing, but I figured I would just give this balm a try!
I find that I have to rub quite a bit in order to get my mascara off with this... if I use too little, it doesn’t feel comfortable and doesn’t remove makeup well, and if I use a decent amount in order for it to work properly, my vision gets foggy...
I don’t hate it but don’t love either. Don’t think I’ll be repurchasing this one!

Clinique 'Take the Day Off' cleansing balm is brilliant if you want a unscented and fuss-free cleanser. It comes in solid form that melts into an oil with the heat of your hands. I enjoy giving myself a lil facial massage whilst using this :)
I use this as my first step if I'm double cleansing after wearing heavier makeup or feeling congested. I personally always like to follow up with a 2nd cleanser. It removes all my facial makeup perfectly with a muslin cloth.
I took a lippie off as this doesn't work as an eye makeup remover for me, I have to scrub pretty hard to get mascara off plus it makes my eyes blurry AF. In general though, I always use a separate eye makeup remover so it's not a deal breaker for me.
Overall, if you want a fragrance-free, non-comedogenic and basic-no frills cleansing balm, I highly recommend.

on 10/19/2018 5:27:00 AM

I have very dry, (and currently) irritated skin. All my usual face products were making my skin sting so a friend recommended this. It has no scent (yay) and is extremely effective in removing all my makeup and sunscreen. I use it on dry skin and a little goes a long way. As with all balm cleansers it takes a bit of massaging to break down all the makeup and mascara, but it leaves my face feeling comfortable and totally clean. I wash it off with warm water and a washcloth. Way too pricey but otherwise a very nice product. I also tried the popular Elemis balm, and that was so scented it made my face sting like crazy and irritated my eyes.

on 10/4/2018 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Meh. It's okay? I don't feel like it does the greatest job getting all my makeup off so it takes a bit of effort. But my skin feels nice after.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Works really great.. very gentle on my sensitive eyes ..takes all makeup off but Still have to follow with my purity cleanser to get fully clean face

on 9/23/2018 3:50:00 PM

This product gets all of my makeup off, and my skin doesn't feel greasy afterwards. I warm it up in my fingers, and gently rub my lashes, my brows, and my cheeks, and wash off with another cleanser. It gets the mascara off my lashes. and I like that it doesn't irritate my eyes.

on 12/8/2017 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Would not recommend this product to those w acne-prone skin/skin that is easily congested by moisturizing products.

This is a really lovely product, no fragrance, quite pricey but you need the smallest amount of product for your entire face so it would be worth the price tag to me in that way. It feels so luxurious, very silky, smooth, gentle, and moisturizing. It easily took off all of my makeup. A gripe I have w this product, however, is that it feels as though there is a film on my face after I rinse it off and even after using a proper cleanser afterwards. Even though this film/oily residue felt quite moisturizing on my skin and made my skin feel very soft and moisturized, it was also a little unpleasant because it also felt like there was a little bit of something left over on my skin (and I would always wash my face w my cleanser usually 2x after using this).

However as stated earlier, this sadly broke me out quite badly. I ended up giving it to my mum who really likes it.

on 11/25/2017 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a great product, but you need to be aware of what it is and what it isn't. What it is: a makeup remover, and an amazing one at that. What it isn't: a cleanser. This will take your makeup off beautifully, but you will need to follow it up with an additional cleanser.

I'm absolutely terrible at remembering to take my makeup off, but since I bought this product (I'm on my 3rd tub of it now), I actually look forward to taking it off. It just feels so luxurious and nice that it makes me really want to use it.

AMAZING PRODUCT.

Honestly, my skin is so weird. I would say I have normal skin that tends to get more oily in the summer and drier all other seasons, especially my eyes are dry all year long. I also may be alitle bit oily in the T-zone whenever I happen to be very serious with my skin routine, but still I could not say I have comboskin since it literally is different every month!
So I have found that products for normal to dry skin and only sometimes combo skin work the best for me. BUT I NEVER BUY PRODUCTS for OILY SKIN. I wanted to make that clear for everyone.

Taking all that into consideration, this balm has become an essential part of my skin routine. First of all it actually takes off all of your makeup without having to overly brush your eyes to get off that little bit of annoying mascara that always remains after the first cleanse. Also, even though it always gets in my eyes it never stings or bother me in any way. It causes no irritation at all and it also feels very moisturizing. I believe it helped me a lot to deal with the dryness of my skin, and even when I might get a bit of an oilier forehead it is still my go-to cleanser. But, since I am a fan of korean beuaty skin-care routine, sometimes (depending on my skin needs-situation) I might use another water or gel cleanser after this for a double cleanse. But usually, when I used to only use gel-oil cleansers they woyld always dry out my skin. So the combination of the two is perfect for me.

But as I said, I never buy products and especially not cleansers for oily skin since they dry me out badly. Thus, I do not know if this product feels great on an oily skin.
Of course, if you can even if you have oily skin, I would suggest not being afraid of these more moisturizing cleansers especially in combination with a second cleanser for oily skin. I have recommended many of my friends who have oily skin to try this (using the double cleanse method) and surprisingly it helped them a lot, because the usual oily-skin products tend to absorb not only the oil but all skin's hydration. But of course it did not work for everyone. You need to find out what works best for your skin.

All in all, I will always repurchase this even if it is a bit pricey (holy grail alert). For a cheaper alternative there is a bodyshop chamomile balm, which I have not tested yet but I will very soon. I would recommned this to anyone, except for those with oily skin as I mentioned before.