CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

on 2/16/2019 4:08:00 AM

Expensive product but it works.
On first glance,it is a solidified white wax like consistency but when you put it on your hands it melts and transforms into an oil.
It melts everything even waterproof mascara though you do need to massage it in the skin for a longer time when you have foundation on so it removes all traces of it.It'd be advisable if after using this balm,you thoroughly cleanse your face with a facial wash AND use a toner after to make sure you have removed every last trace of makeup left.
Packaging is fine,not very hygienic though as you have to put your fingers in to get the product out unless you use a small spatula.Ideally I'd prefer it if it was in a liquid formula with a pump for more hygienic reasons.

on 12/5/2018 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I’ve always known to double cleanse, years before Micellar Water and stuff was invented. Intuitive!!!! It just makes sense if wearing all this crap (not even eye — face: spf is hard to remove, add some maybe long wear foundation/concealer to that, and your hopefully mild pH balanced cleanser ain’t gonna get the job done). My actual first time w using an oil was some 8-ish years ago I don’t even know if still exists — it was a cleansing oil by Nude. So then I tried everything from wipes (irritating & drying) to balms to reg oils to designated cleansing oils to the micellar waters (bleh I needs me some grease). I like a balm or oil cuz I have dry skin and I like how it breaks down ALLLL.

Anyways I used Clinique >20 years ago... I just started to enjoy some (very limited admittedly) products again at 39 and this is #1 of those — dare I say it’s my abso fave HG first cleanse?! After allllll I’ve tried which is like literary every single one?! Idk what it is... I love it so so much. I love the look of it, reaching into jar, scooping the stuff out (ESPECIALLY a brand new one! Up there w breaking a creme brûlée!) and emulsifying the balm to a thick oil that takes. Off. EVERYTHING!!! It never ever burns me, even if I’ve been overzealous with acid exfoliation or tret.... soothing always. No scent. It’s a very very effective yet enjoyable (in a sensory way, for me anyway) remover of all things. My 2 HG regular 2nd (or am alone) cleansers are Clinique EXTRA mild (pH of 5 correct me if I’m wrong), and the way less spendy (and weirdly in body wash aisle at least at my rite aid) Eucerin pH5 for face and body. Idc about pH of my body cleanser as I only (in cold weather) wash my dry limbs occasionally or I am a scaly lizard. Maybe some dry brushing and heavy moisture. I use more deodorizing washes for my ‘parts’ that get a thorough washing 2/day. You know what I’m referring to don’t make me say it. Hands constantly washed (APPLY & REAPPLY SPF if u do all your actives on your French Face like me). Face well I think we know I’m one of the skincare obsessed so...

If u break out I do not know what to tell you, they’ll always give a sample!! I do anti-aging skincare only. If you’re not double cleansing at night yet, get with the progrum, would ya? Even if ya don’t wear makeup... I KNOW youre ALL using spf 365 so get that shite off! I’ve bought many and will continue!

on 11/23/2018 10:46:00 PM

I am a Clinique girl. Love their cosmetics and skincare. This product however was a big disaster. It really irritates my eyes. My eyes hate this product. Also my skin breaks out in tiny little bumps when I use it. It’s a big pass for me. I prefer take the day off lids lashes and lips for my eye makeup remover and the pink rinse off foaming cleanser for my face makeup remover.

on 11/16/2018 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've tried this when I've gotten sample jars of it in GWPs. I did not care for it, although, I've yet to find any of the take the day off's that I've really loved, this one being the least.

The balm is intended to be used dry and rubbed dry onto a makeup-wearing face. This will emulsify into a thinner oil and remove makeup in the process of rubbing it into your skin. I found that it rinsed away decently enough, but it left the most disorienting film across your eyes that makes everything blurry. It doesn't burn (thankfully) but I did not care for it. It removed most of my makeup without excessive rubbing. I do not believe this caused any breakouts.

I did not care for the product at this price being in a jar as it is easy to scoop out far more than you need, and you can't really put the balm back into the jar afterwards (you can, but it would look rather disgusting).

on 10/27/2018 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

So, this works really well for me. I tried cleansing oils, and micellar waters to do an initial cleanse to remove makeup. None of them stopped the breakouts I was experiencing after using my favorite foundations. This melts into my skin and dissolves my foundation and eye makeup without having to rub too hard. It rinses off cleanly and leaves my skin soft. I follow up with my Cetaphil cleanser. I need just a little bit to take off all my makeup. I wish there was a more hygienic way to get this out of the tub. I dislike having to stick my fingers into it. Perhaps a small spatula would help. Even so, a really great product!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This unassuming balm does an impressive job removing even stubborn waterproof make up. It is gentle and effectively dissolves make up. Any remaining specks or make up can then be easily wiped off with a warm, wet wash cloth. My fave is left perfectly clean.

The cons - it’s a little firmer than I would like. Although it does melt quickly, for the first few seconds it’s chunky enough that a clump could fall off your face and in the drain. It’s also expensive considering how much you need to use to get the job done (about a teaspoon and a half). Lastly, you wouldn’t expect this with a greasy cleansing balm but for me it’s actually a little drying.

Il fait littéralement fondre votre maquillage, il enlève tout, peu importe qu'il soit 24h ou imperméable.
C'est si doux, nettoyant, hydratant et tout simplement fantastique, mais un peu va un long chemin, il dure pour toujours.
Une autre bonne chose est l'emballage, pas de déversements et la perfection pour voyager.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This product took a long time for me to buy because:
1. it's expensive ($39 CAD)
2. I have more than enough makeup cleansers.

However, I am done rubbing my makeup off with cotton pad, it's never as precise as my milk/cleansers that I can get into my lashes with, and I prefer makeup removal done in one fell swoop. That doesn't necessarily mean one product, but it means that when I leave my sink, I started with a full face and left with a bare one. My lashes are naturally light and it's really easy to tell when my makeup remover hasn't done its job, and for me, thorough eye makeup removal is so important.

I can confirm that this product alone gets all of my makeup off, and my skin doesn't feel greasy or "undone" afterwards. Personally, I warm it up in my fingers, and gently rub my lashes, my brows, and my cheeks, and wash off with another cleanser afterwards. It gets the black mascara off my light lashes, no problem, and I like that it doesn't irritate my eyes, I can still open them to see how the removal process is going. I typically need 1/2 a tablespoon of product it seems (sounds weird, not sure else what to compare it to, LOL) for my entire face if I've worn full makeup that day.

If you have difficulty removing makeup, wear a lot of makeup, or are lazy with the removal process altogether, I would definitely recommend this product. The price tag can be a shock but for the ease of use, it's completely worth it. Just simply grab a little bit, massage your lashes and face, and your makeup is done for. And I'm sure this jar will last me the better part of a year at this rate.

on 7/6/2018 6:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Removes makeup well, without tugging. However, compared to Biore's Makeup Remover Perfect Oil (a product I discovered on my Asia trip last summer), this:
- doesn't remove makeup as well, especially eye makeup;
- leaves my skin too dry;
- is more expensive.

Also, I found Biore's cleanser more convenient: the pump allows for faster dispensing of the product, while with Clinique there is the lid, which also tends to collect dust and water stains (yes, I have the tiniest bathroom cupboard which does not have enough space for Clinique's container).

This was not a bad product, per se - but why pay more when Biore's Perfect Oil cleans better, you need less product, is cheaper and leaves my skin soooo soft, supple and glowing after use, while Clinique's version leaves my skin dry and lifeless? Hence only 3 stars for TTDO; 5 for Biore's "perfect oil"!

on 2/19/2018 4:14:00 PM

I fell down a rabbit hole of double cleansing and wanted something to precede my HG cetaphil and after reading a lot of reviews I decided on this. I began my new skincare routine by using this to remove makeup and then Cetaphil for the second cleanse, followed by Kiehl's alcohol free cucumber toner and Clinique's dramatically different moisturiser. This was the only new product added to my regimen.

My first impressions were somewhat positive, it removed my mascara (Benefit They're Real - notoriously hard to remove) easily and didn't burn my skin, however when I removed my mascara it left a greasy film over my eyes for about 10 minutes. The next time I used it I simply held the balm over my eyes to almost 'melt' it off as opposed to rubbing and this prevented the greasy film, so I was much happier. I carried on using this product for about 3 weeks until I noticed a build up of what I have since learned to be closed comedones all over my chin. I've never had a problem with CCs before, so this was new for me. As this was the only new addition to my routine I immediately stopped using it and have now been tackling my current CC problem ever since.

My makeup removing experience with this product was purely positive, I never had any remaining makeup on my cotton pad when toning, but the closed comedones really ruined my overall experience as clogged pores were not something I was hoping for. In hindsight, I may have been overly optimistic choosing an oily balm to remove makeup from my combination-oily skin.

The product itself is a thick balm (as it says on the tin) and I found myself having to swipe quite firmly to remove it from the container. It spreads quickly across the face and a little goes a long way. I understand that scents in skincare aren't necessarily a good thing, but this smells somewhat similar to grease so I personally would have preferred a slight, subtle scent to remind myself I wasn't slathering kitchen grease on my face!

In terms of packaging, I'm not a fan of having to scoop product out of a container, as this can be unhygienic (although if you wash your hands first it's never that much of a problem) and it's quite a bulky container, but it looks pretty on a bathroom shelf! The product itself is quite expensive but I imagine it will last a long time as only a small amount is actually required to thoroughly remove all makeup.

I would recommend this to people with drier skin and those that don't commonly have problems with clogged pores, but this isn't the cleanser for me, so purely due to me personal experience I have given 2 lipsticks.