CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Filtered by eye Color : Black
CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

3.7

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have definitely used better cleansing balms. This was quite disappointing for me. The product doesn't really melt on your skin, it is clumpy and I spend some time trying to melt the small clumps onto my skin. The cleansing properties are not the best, eye makeup especially takes a 2nd cleanse to remove. it's not supposed to have scent. But . It smells terribly like chlorine and I dislike it. The price does not justify. Will not repurchase

on 1/11/2018 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

So a bit of background, I have super sensitive, dry/combination skin, acne prone skin. I know from trial and error that i seem to be sensitive to dimethicone among other things. I can't use most products without getting itchy little angry bumps across my forehead and cheeks, but not with this. This product is so neutral and it does the job. I wear heavy makeup daily and this usually cleanse with this before i go in with Kiehl's cucumber herbal conditioning cleanser, but even without the second cleanse, all my makeup is gone after one wash. The only thing I don't like about this is that it comes in a pot and I have to dip my finger in it. I suppose the balm is too thick for a pump anyway. I've used this a little over two weeks now and haven't had a single breakout nor does my skin tingle after use like it usually does when my face doesn't like a product. It's pretty amazing

Ingredients:
Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, PEG-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water / Aqua / Eau, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol.

on 12/24/2017 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I was using the Colleen Rothschild cleansing balm. And while I love it, it cost me a crap load to have it shipped over from the states to Canada not to mention the price tag. So I realized I needed to find another one and fast. I decided to check Beautypedia and found this so I bought it! This stuff is amazing. Doesn't leave my face greasy, cleans off ALL my makeup including waterproof mascara. Yes at times it might leave a small residue of mascara behind, but I always go in with my facial cleanser right after using this. It has no smell which is great and for a big jar at $38 it is priced right. I can't really complain for the amount of product and how well it works. I do really recommend this product if you are looking for a cleansing balm at the right price!

on 8/30/2017 1:16:00 AM

on my 3rd jar of this and already have a 4th one aswell. amazing cleanser! takes away the most stubborn waterproof make up specially eye make up. I use a disposable mascara wand to get my waterproof mascara off if I know I layered it on multiple times.vwadh it off n ur skin is baby soft. I'm never using any other cleanser wish it was a bit cheaper!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is one strange product for me. I can't really scoop it out like a gel so I end up putting my fingers into it multiple times and it gets really dirty really quickly. I don't think I should remove makeup from my makeup remover! It converts to a pretty slick oil/silicone remover quickly and does a nice job of breaking down all my makeup; but then its time to rinse. I usually use cool water instead of warm to rinse my face and when that cool water comes into contact with this balm on my face it solidifies again and i struggle to get it off. I won't be repurchasing this specific item from the line, but I did try the TTDO Cleansing Milk and it works like a dream. Not a total lose on the Clinique makeup removers, I just changed over to a different product.

I've been using this for about 6 months & am totally converted to this way of removing makeup. A little "blob" is enough to remove every trace of my makeup - even waterproof mascara. There's no fragrance or residue. I won't be going back to wipes - this is much easier.

Cost: $29.00 USD

I purchased this out of curiosity when I was shopping at Bloomingdale's. And quite honestly, despite it being a spur of the moment purchase, I am so glad I did it.

No matter what season it is, it doesn't stop me from wearing makeup, and with that comes the responsibility of making sure I take care of my skin. And the most essential step to my skin routine is to remove all of it before cleansing.

For the price, it's totally worth your money, a little goes a long way. You just need to take about a pinch of this product, warm it up between your hands and rub the makeup off your skin. Whatever melts away can be a tad bit messy, so I usually wipe it up with a makeup wipe, or a damp washcloth. I have been using this everyday for the past 2 months and I haven't even gone through half the bottle yet.

This is by far the best makeup remover I've ever used, it truly does melt all the makeup I use away, even waterproof eyeliner and mascara. And for the price, it is definitely cost effective, I no longer need the expensive makeup wipes I used to purchase.

If you take the chance and purchase it, you won't regret it.

on 5/10/2016 1:24:00 PM

After using about 2 days
I noticed
Benefits
1/ really suitable for dry skin/clog prone skin d/t heavy make up
2/ remove heavy make up
3/ did not clog my pores compare to DHC or bioderma sensibio so no more white head no more acne
I think this the best make up removal for sensitive dry and clog prone skine like me

But a bit pricey Rm 127 in malaysia 2016

on 4/28/2016 10:43:00 PM

Removes makeup like magic - it's a kind of white candle wax looking thing in the tub but when you rub it between your hands it turns to oil.

Sephora lady had warned me about putting oils on my face as it could clog my pores and make me break out but I didn't listen to her and went ahead and got it. Didn't listen to her and got it anyways - been using it for around a week now and it hasn't broken me out and is amazing at removing makeup.

Love it! It is kind of expensive though but a little goes a long way imo.

EDIT: dried out my skin badly so returned it :(

on 2/1/2016 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm feeling the love, can you feel the love?? Love is everywhere.

I bought this balm to try and do a facial massage, because I watched a Lisa Eldridge video, yeah, I bought into that, and I'm not regretting it, because I don't even care about the massage right now.

This is the best make-up remover I have ever tried, and to me it's worth every single euro I paid for it. Anyway, you need a small amount, the jar has quite a lot of product and Clinique has regular discounts, so it's not that expensive and it's going to last.

Some people don't like the jar, but I really don't care at all. You can use a spatula, and if you want to travel with it you can transfer some in an old face cream jar you have washed.

I personally really don't care about the packaging, I wouldn't care if it was in a carton. Fine by me.

What is truly important to me is that this balm delivers.

No scent, no eye irritation at all, no break outs, no drying the skin, no greasy residue. I need a third of a teaspoon for my whole face, it's extremely gentle and creamy, and when I massage it into my face I feel so satisfied (tactile person here).

It's effective. I do my first cleansing with it, I just get that third of a teaspoon bit, rub it between my fingers and gently massage it on my face and I feel the make up dissolving under my fingertips. After that I wipe my face with a cotton ball, or even a soft paper towel, or you can use a towel, and finish off with my second cleansing, with a gentle foaming cleanser.

It's the only thing that can get Benefit They're Real mascara off my lashes, it gets it to actually melt, and if you have ever tried that mascara, you know that it does not budge and it's more difficult to get off than even a waterproof formula. I used to do 3-4 cleanses with cleansing oils and micellar water and foaming cleansers, and again with oil, to remove it from my lashes, but now I very gently rub the balm on my lashes and the mascara melts. Amazing.

My skin is combination and I have been using it for 2 months now. I generally like oil cleansing and this, this. I'm never going back.

I don't even know if my review is coherent enough, but I'm sooo excited. I would draw hearts all over the review if I could. This is excellent. I'm going to stock up.