CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.3

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

I suffer from constant breakouts and oily skin. This product earns many great reviews claiming that it never breaks them out, which ultimately led me to use it for a couple of weeks. However, i realised that my skin had become extremely bumpier and disgusting whiteheads and pustules started forming. I suggest people with sensitive clogged-prone skin to stay away. It’s not worth your money.

on 11/23/2018 1:28:00 PM

I came across this product recently and its been three months i am using this product...i have a very sensitive skin with breakouts at times and rashes but this product helps me to cleanse of my face without developing rashes and also its very hydrating and smooth. The packaging is very attractive and one jar goes a long way. Loved this product. Its better than makeup removers

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this to remove my makeup and then follow with a lather& rinse product (right now, Purity Made Simple). This balm melts makeup off my face—and i wear a lot of makeup. Even stage makeup would be no match for this. I could see drier skins really loving this, and all skins loving this in the wintertime. I agree with others that a spatula should be included with this. I am not sure if i would repurchase—only because my personal preference for products that lather & rinse away.

I just finished a jar of this balm and I have to say that I'm a fan. I've heard so many people raved about this and I understand why.

This cleansing balm really takes off all of your makeup; including stubborn waterproof products. It's gentle and easy to wiped off as well. It's definitely one of the best makeup cleanser in the market.

on 10/19/2018 3:15:00 PM

I really like this balm, it removes well the makeup (but I have to say that I don't wear heavy makeup) and the skin is not dry after applying it. Also, a small amount is enough to clean all the face. In my case, it did not cause any irritation, even in the eye area.
However, the packages are only of 125 ml and the best before date is only 6 months. I can't even use half of a package in 6 months so I don't buy it frequently, unfortunately. I would buy it frequently if Clinique launched smaller packages of 50ml, for example.

on 10/15/2018 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This product gave me a terrible contact dermatitis. It contains potentially harmful irritants when used on or around eyes and skin.
Returning.
No I do not recommend this product.

on 9/10/2018 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this stuff! While I usually stick to micellar water for makeup removal, sometimes that isn't quite up to snuff against pesky waterproof mascara or days when I've really indulged in a ~full face. This balm has a pleasant texture, and you don't need very much at all to really get every single fleck of makeup off. No smells, no irritation. I appreciate the fact that I can open my eyes mid-smear to check and see if everything seems like it is sliding off. I am never a big fan of beauty products in pots, it just doesn't feel super clean to me (and, on a personal note, I keep my nail long, so it is a pain to try and avoid ending up with balm crescents under my nails and wasted product), but I understand that this texture wouldn't really suit a pump. All in all, I definitely would recommend this product, and will be buying it again.

on 8/17/2018 7:40:00 AM

Have already repurchased this item as a backup. I use it as my first cleanse. It’s gentle and removes makeup easily (I use a moderate amt of makeup). No harsh smell.
The ONLY suggestion I would make to people using this is don’t share with others. In order to use this product you put your finger tips onto the tub. If you share this product you may be allowing introduction of bacteria from other fingers. If you decide to share, use something to scoop out the product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It isn't very often I wear heavy makeup but when I do, this is one of the best things in my collection to remove it with at the end of the night. I find it doesn't leave a film on my skin or break me out in any way. I've always been a sucker for Clinique's packaging and this one sits pretty on my bathroom shelf. It is quite a basic formulation, nothing too complex, plus it benefits from the addition of Tocopherol (Vit E) as a bonus. Will re-purchase.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I'm constantly trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample/trial sizes from e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation/Anti-Ageing: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Removes makeup very easily! Great packaging tho!