CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

on 9/25/2018 2:55:00 PM

Overall, this is decent. It does a good job of removing all my makeup, including waterproof mascara. I find It still has a slightly 'waxy' feel when cleansing though, and I also find it doesn't completely rinse away cleanly, so I need to always double cleanse when using this. It's also pretty much unfragranced to my nose, or if it does have fragrance, it's so light that I can't really detect it. All in all, a decent product. I would repurchase if I ever stopped being able to purchase my beloved Banila cleansing balm.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Love this stuff. As someone with pretty heavy acne scarring, I tend to use fuller coverage foundations...and we all know how tenacious that kind of foundation can be. I always double cleanse using this followed by Klavuu Pure Pearlsation Cleansing Foam for my water-based cleanser to remove all traces of makeup before applying any other skincare products. I have rebought and probably will continue to rebuy. Removes heavy makeup well. You may like to pair it with a washcloth to make sure it all gets off. Not a fan of the open tub but I can deal with the packaging.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Nice... I like how this liquifies quickly, rinses off easily, removes all of my makeup and best of all doesn’t leave behind a greasy residue like old school makeup removers. It’s very pricey but I’ve seen so many recommendations from MUAers for this as the best of the best - which it is - and a little really does go a long way. Since I’m currently using all Clinique as my skin care, I follow up with face wash and I never find any makeup residue left behind.

on 7/1/2018 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Wasn't crazy about this, good old-fashioned cold cream does a better job and doesn't irritate my skin like this product

on 5/12/2018 10:25:00 AM

I thought I would never be able to use a product like this as I break out so easily from using the wrong products (or a change in my routine, etc., etc.) so when I received a sample in my Clinique bonus I thought I'd just use it as eye makeup remover. That was a mistake for me as the next morning a had a big bump near my lash line so I put it in a drawer and forgot about it. Months later after starting Retin A and needing some TLC I decided to use this to remove my makeup (but NOT my eye makeup) gently rubbing on dry skin and wiped off with a wet baby wash cloth. I follow up with my regular foaming cleaner. I'm shocked this balm doesn't break me out as even some foaming cleansers do and it really doesn't even feel oily to me like a regular liquid oil does. Anyway, I'm really enjoying this product and I'll repurchase next time Clinique has a bonus.

Holy cow balls, this gooe is a dream come true!! And I thought I was finished with Clinique! Holy grail product for me, don’t think I will ever switch from this.

I read that many feel a film on their skin after washing it off - my tip is to use slightly warmer water! I have gotten that feeling once and it’s because you use very cold water. This solidify at cold temperatures! 😶

Goes on like coconut oil but a bit more slippery. Great for a lil face massage as skin won’t pull one bit. Removes everything and leaves my skin super duper soft, but most amazingly it leaves my eyes feeling great too! It doesn’t dry out the eyes in fact it feels great for my eyes! I suffer from dry eyes and this baby makes them moist for hours! I wake up and my eyes look brighter when I use this !! I am in love! 😭

I love that they use borage oil it’s premium for moisturizing and really high grade! Thumbs up Clinique!!

However could you put a damn peel inside the pot or at least put it in a little box? I am terrified that someone nasty have poked their fingers in the product!

This stuff is not very good. It doesn't take off my matte lipsticks! And if I wanted to use my fingers to rub my makeup off, I could just use coconut oil. And it would be better for my skin. This was a waste of $29!

Really broke out my chin :( I already know my chin can't handle oils of any kind but wanted to keep faith cause this takes off makeup so easily. Didn't work for me.

on 12/10/2017 4:03:00 PM

I only just bought this but i can already tell that i absolutely love it! The balm is silky smooth, doesn't have a weird scent to it and is so comfortably to use even on my oily skin. I use it every evening to remove my makeup and at the same time i give myself a little face massage. It's perfect for winter time where the skin can get dry/damaged by the harsh weather, i experience that it actually soothes my blemish prone skin. At little goes a long way and i actually think the price is ok compared to the amount of product you get (mine was filled all the way up to the lid! Not something i experience often with skincare products….) I prefer to do a double cleanse where i use a mild foam cleanser afterwards and it works perfectly like that. The first time i tried the balm i used a cotton pad with Bioderma afterwards to really test if there was any makeup left on the skin, and to my surprise the cotton pad was totally clean!

Overall: A abseloutlely lovely product that will continue to use throughout wintertime and that i most definitely will repurchase when it's empty.

on 11/22/2017 12:25:00 AM

Bought this based on the reviews and seemed like a simple cleansing process. Also I cant use a foaming cleanser so I hoped that this would not cause redness and rashes. I agree it does remove makeup with ease.

Well after a month of use I now have clogged pores and a few cystic acne patches. Its going to take a while to get rid of this congestion on my skin :( Not for ance prone skin.