CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.4

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

on 10/19/2018 5:27:00 AM

I have very dry, (and currently) irritated skin. All my usual face products were making my skin sting so a friend recommended this. It has no scent (yay) and is extremely effective in removing all my makeup and sunscreen. I use it on dry skin and a little goes a long way. As with all balm cleansers it takes a bit of massaging to break down all the makeup and mascara, but it leaves my face feeling comfortable and totally clean. I wash it off with warm water and a washcloth. Way too pricey but otherwise a very nice product. I also tried the popular Elemis balm, and that was so scented it made my face sting like crazy and irritated my eyes.

on 10/4/2018 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Meh. It's okay? I don't feel like it does the greatest job getting all my makeup off so it takes a bit of effort. But my skin feels nice after.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Works really great.. very gentle on my sensitive eyes ..takes all makeup off but Still have to follow with my purity cleanser to get fully clean face

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have sensitive skin. It gets red and irritated easily as well as flaky and swollen due to dryness. My face will freak if you put something harsh enough on there. I LOVE this stuff. I got a travel size of it for $9.50 and it's definitely worth every penny. It's gently yet aggressive. I was wearing the waterproof better than sex mascara and after letting it sit and soak for about a minuet it just melted away. No harsh rubbing, no irritating fragrance, no breakouts. I'm definitely buying the full size when I run out. I do recommend using a spatula to scoop out product though for sanitary reasons. If you get a spot of makeup in there it'll break down and spread and ruin your product.

on 6/21/2018 5:27:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've been testing this with my Clinique Take It All Off Duo and it has rinsed the mascara very quick and easy. Loved it.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product is my holy grail for removing waterproof or stubborn makeup. Seriously. I've never found another product that melts away waterproof mascara and eyeliner like this one.

I don't love the jar packaging, but given the almost-solid consistency at room temperature, I suppose there isn't really another way. I like someone else's suggestion of a stick format, but it's probably not solid enough for that.

I scoop a tiny bit of this with a clean finger and apply it directly to my eyelid or lashes and rub (very gently!). Then I soak a cotton pad with micellar water and gently wipe everything away. Magic! It doesn't burn or sting, even though I've definitely gotten some in my eye before.

It also lasts FOREVER. I got a deluxe sample from Sephora (15ml) 10 months ago and I'm only 3/4 through it. Granted, I only use it for the eye area, but I do use it every single day. I might start using this for the full face as part of a double cleanse since it's so good!

on 2/19/2018 4:14:00 PM

I fell down a rabbit hole of double cleansing and wanted something to precede my HG cetaphil and after reading a lot of reviews I decided on this. I began my new skincare routine by using this to remove makeup and then Cetaphil for the second cleanse, followed by Kiehl's alcohol free cucumber toner and Clinique's dramatically different moisturiser. This was the only new product added to my regimen.

My first impressions were somewhat positive, it removed my mascara (Benefit They're Real - notoriously hard to remove) easily and didn't burn my skin, however when I removed my mascara it left a greasy film over my eyes for about 10 minutes. The next time I used it I simply held the balm over my eyes to almost 'melt' it off as opposed to rubbing and this prevented the greasy film, so I was much happier. I carried on using this product for about 3 weeks until I noticed a build up of what I have since learned to be closed comedones all over my chin. I've never had a problem with CCs before, so this was new for me. As this was the only new addition to my routine I immediately stopped using it and have now been tackling my current CC problem ever since.

My makeup removing experience with this product was purely positive, I never had any remaining makeup on my cotton pad when toning, but the closed comedones really ruined my overall experience as clogged pores were not something I was hoping for. In hindsight, I may have been overly optimistic choosing an oily balm to remove makeup from my combination-oily skin.

The product itself is a thick balm (as it says on the tin) and I found myself having to swipe quite firmly to remove it from the container. It spreads quickly across the face and a little goes a long way. I understand that scents in skincare aren't necessarily a good thing, but this smells somewhat similar to grease so I personally would have preferred a slight, subtle scent to remind myself I wasn't slathering kitchen grease on my face!

In terms of packaging, I'm not a fan of having to scoop product out of a container, as this can be unhygienic (although if you wash your hands first it's never that much of a problem) and it's quite a bulky container, but it looks pretty on a bathroom shelf! The product itself is quite expensive but I imagine it will last a long time as only a small amount is actually required to thoroughly remove all makeup.

I would recommend this to people with drier skin and those that don't commonly have problems with clogged pores, but this isn't the cleanser for me, so purely due to me personal experience I have given 2 lipsticks.

on 11/1/2017 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm on my 2nd purchase of this amazing makeup remover. This is a makeup remover - not a full cleanser. I don't know why or how anyone could see this as a full on cleanser. Anyhow, I love this stuff. It does an excellent job of removing makeup, including liquid lipsticks and waterproof mascara. It doesn't leave any film on my eyes and rinses off very easily. I follow this with an actual cleanse using my Mia2 with great results. I prefer balms b/c they travel well and aren't messy like oils. There is no scent with this product. It is pricey but you get what you pay for with this stuff.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is fantastic at removing all of my make up at night. I double cleanse with this, and everything is gone (sometimes I need to quickly wipe my eyes with a micellar water, but what is left is minimal). You hardly need to use any, so it lasts a long time and it isn't scented so it doesn't irritate my skin. I'm already on my second jar and will purchase again!

on 8/17/2017 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My requirements for a cleanser are that they're 1) makeup removing 2) non drying 3) don't sting the eyes 4) don't break me out and 5) are preferably fragrance free. Happy to report that TTDO passes on all five counts with flying colors! I use it to wash my face when I'm wearing makeup and it gets everything off, doesn't leave my dry skin feeling tight, but also doesn't require a secondary cleanser or feel like it's leaving a gross residue on my face. It doesn't break me out like a lot of drugstore cream cleansers and doesn't sting my eyes, which is important for an eye makeup remover but surprisingly not a gimme. To use it optimally, apply to a DRY face, work it in, and THEN splash your face with water. You need much less product this way, especially when you need to get off stubborn eye makeup. I'm working my way through a few different cleansing balmns (right now I'm using and loving Farmacy's) but I'll probably come back to this one because, simply put, it works and the price is right.