CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Filtered by hair type : Relaxed
CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have definitely used better cleansing balms. This was quite disappointing for me. The product doesn't really melt on your skin, it is clumpy and I spend some time trying to melt the small clumps onto my skin. The cleansing properties are not the best, eye makeup especially takes a 2nd cleanse to remove. it's not supposed to have scent. But . It smells terribly like chlorine and I dislike it. The price does not justify. Will not repurchase

on 12/30/2016 7:08:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is a HG product!!! Absolutely amazing and just melts dirt and makeup away. Also doesn't irritate eyes. I usually have to use a bit of extra product to remove my eye makeup, but I don't mind because this product is actually fun to use. Usually after a night out I leave my makeup on (I know how bad it is for your skin) but since owning the take the day off balm, I actually can't wait to get home and make a somewhat impressionistic piece on my face and wash it all away.

I have also tended to avoid things of an oil consistency and texture in the past out of fear of it clogging up my pores and increasing the oiliness of my t zone (I have quite large pores on my nose) . However this product actually makes skin feel unclogged and clean, so to speak.

It is a bit expensive but a little amount of product goes a long way. Would recommend to anyone.

on 6/7/2015 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have combination-oily skin and wear make-up most days. I love balms for make-up removal because it requires one step and absolutely no rubbing cotton pads or tissue over my sensitive lids. I do a second cleanse with a different cleanser.

I find this removes make-up better than any other balm I've tried. It looks like Crisco in the tub but a surprisingly small amount (20 p size) melts down quickly and takes off all my foundation, layers of wp mascara etc with no problems. I use a warm damp wash cloth to remove and found that splashing alone didn't really get the job done. Also, of all the balms I've tried, this leaves behind no oily residue at all. That is particularly welcome as we head into the warmer more humid months. If you wanted to use just this and no second cleanse it would probably be ok, but I always second cleanse (adult acne trauma made me hyper-vigilant to my skin care).

The packaging is very nice, plastic but substantial and the purple base and silver lid look pretty in my cabinet. I find the packaging manages to hold the product (no greasy lids etc, unlike Emma Hardie) and holds up well. The price of this product is very reasonable as compared with the rest of the balm market. It is more up front than its DS counterparts but the package contains much more than other tubs and you need less of this than any other balm I've tried. After two months of daily use I've just started to make a noticeable dent.

I really enjoy using the product. It has no scent at all but it feels very soft and not greasy as you work it into the skin. It has enough slip to give myself a good facial massage but rinses clean. It feels very luxurious to use and it works. I enjoy my skin care routine and this product fits in well. I can't recommend this enough. I give this 5 lippies on all counts and I will definitely buy it again.

on 7/2/2014 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

So far I'm really liking this cleansing balm and I'm never tempted to buy Clinique's skincare ever because it all sounds so harsh most of the time and I barely look at their makeup.

My skin is oily, sensitive and acne prone and this balm is smooth, soon becomes a rich yet light oil on my fingertips and feels fine when I apply it to my face when I'm wearing makeup and when I massage the balm all over. I use a washcloth/flannel with hot water to wipe this off and I don't feel any film-y residue left behind and I feel clean. This doesn't seem to make my acne flare up or trigger any allergies at all.

I use this as the first step in a double cleanse when I'm wearing makeup along with, at the moment, Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip cleanser which foams a little bit but in the mornings sometimes I still like to use this cleansing balm after I use the Ceramic Slip cleanser as that cleanser is slightly drying and tightening because the Mirena coil I'm using has dried up some of the moisture and oil on my face sadly. It make me feel much more comfortable after that also.

on 11/11/2012 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Update 19/9/14 - I stopped using this a while ago after always having persistent skin problems and finally linking it back to this. It contains Ethylhexyl Palmitate as the first ingredient, which I've since found really affects my skin. I guess with my second cleanse it was removing/stopping it from really breaking me out, but not completely. I've now switched to a mineral oil based L'Oreal Cleansing Oil which seems to be doing the job. It's a shame as I liked this product but I've also changed the ratings of my review to reflect my long term opinions.
***********************************************************************
A great cleansing oil that emulsifies with water and rinses away nicely. I use Avene Cleanance Gel afterwards as I'm oily, acne proned but my skin doesn't feel greasy after using just this balm.
I've started using Revlon Colorstay and this removes it really well. I was worried about the price and quantity, but I have to agree with other reviewers that it does seem to last a long time. I've used it many, many times and the jar has hardly got a dent in it. I wish it was cheaper, but at the same time I will keep using this for now, as it works and doesn't give me breakouts. It's also easier for me to get than a Japanese oil online etc. I can get this easily in the UK.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

HG! When I was younger, I wore make up everyday and a lot of it was dark and/or water proof, so needless to say I needed a heavy duty remover. I love the fact that this is a solid so you can scoop some up, and put it directly on the spot you need to have makeup removed--ideal for removing pesky eyeshadow on your eyelids. It takes off everything (the name Take The Day Off is perfect!) from mascara to sunscreen to lipstick; both waterproof and non waterproof. I wear contacts so my eyes can be sensitive and even when I rub some of this stuff near my waterline, there is no stinging or burning. However, if you get this in your eye, you will have blurry vision for a few seconds. While it is not painful, avoid that if you can! I will admit that it is expensive ($27.50-ouch!) but the jar is huge and the product is concentrated--a little goes a long way. I think my jar lasted about 5 months and that was with almost daily use.
If you have normal to dry skin, you can definitely use this as an all inclusive make up remover/ cleanser because it does that good of a job at cleaning your skin. However I tend to have oily skin, so I prefer to follow it up with another cleanser just in case.
This product has also saved me time and effort. Before I bought the balm, I used to have to use eye makeup remover to get rid of eye makeup, then a creamy cleanser to get rid of my face makeup, and then an anti oil/anti acne cleanser to get rid of any residue the creamy cleanser left and to help keep my skin breakout free.But with this, I can just use the balm and then my oil free cleanser. Sometimes, depending on how my skin feels, I don't even need to follow up with that cleanser! So it's safe to say, this is my favorite make up remover of all time.

on 5/5/2010 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I have been using this makeup remover for 5 months now and I love everything about it. I bought it because I live on the road and wanted a non liquid makeup remover to put safely in my suitcase. I mostly use it on my eyes. This is the quickest remover I have seen, it takes two swipes on each eye and all is gone, no rubbing necessary…MAGIC. This does NOT sting the eyes at all, it is so gentle I’m not really sure how it works so well. Safe to say I will be purchasing over and over again.
UPDATE: it has now been over a year and I finally ran out this. If you consider how long this one jar lasted i would say in terms of cost this is the cheapest eye makeup remover ever (i only use it on my eyes). I went to Sephora and bought another one.