CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Filtered by hair type : Kinky
CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.9

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

on 1/11/2018 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

So a bit of background, I have super sensitive, dry/combination skin, acne prone skin. I know from trial and error that i seem to be sensitive to dimethicone among other things. I can't use most products without getting itchy little angry bumps across my forehead and cheeks, but not with this. This product is so neutral and it does the job. I wear heavy makeup daily and this usually cleanse with this before i go in with Kiehl's cucumber herbal conditioning cleanser, but even without the second cleanse, all my makeup is gone after one wash. The only thing I don't like about this is that it comes in a pot and I have to dip my finger in it. I suppose the balm is too thick for a pump anyway. I've used this a little over two weeks now and haven't had a single breakout nor does my skin tingle after use like it usually does when my face doesn't like a product. It's pretty amazing

Ingredients:
Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, PEG-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water / Aqua / Eau, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol.

on 4/9/2017 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Already bought it again two more times. Best makeup remover. Doesn't make my skin oily nor break me out. No need to double cleanse after using this if you don't feel like it.

on 10/15/2016 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Makeup removers and remover wipes have always been a fail for me. Either they don't work well enough or they irritate my sensitive skin, especially around my eyes. This cleansing balm is the love of my life. I slather it on! It's solid in the jar and melts instantly on to skin. It feels like oil once it emulsifies but it's not 'greasy,' just very emollient. I apply a hefty amount (probably more than I need to lol) and gently massage it in, then I remove with a clean damp, warm washcloth. My skin is so soft afterwards. The I follow up with a cleanser because I have oily and acne prone skin. This truly gets ALL of your makeup off with ease and does not irritate my skin or eyes whatsoever. It's a bit pricey but it's so worth it and one jar lasts about 3-4 months for me. I will use this forever and ever.

I actually like the jar. I scoop it out with a plastic cosmetic scoop or the back of my fingernail (freshly washed hands of course). The balm is so thick that it would not work in a tube or pump.

on 8/18/2015 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I'll be honest and say I've been sucked into the hype around this product and went out and bought it.
At 22, it's definitely the most expensive skincare product that I own but I feel as though it's justifiable.

I love how it's unscented! And I love using it to give myself a mini facial massage. I apply a small amount to my face, rub it in and then apply a warm flannel to my face to wipe it off. It does a pretty good job at removing eye and face make up.

However, my eyes feel so uncomfortable when I remove my eye make up and my eyesight becomes blurry. Also, I cringe a little every time I put my fingers in the tub but that could be avoided by using a spatula to scoop out some product.

All in all, it's a great product and I seem to have abandoned my micellar water for it - oops!

Hair: Red, Kinky, Medium

I got a good sized pot of this in with a free gift. I swipe some cotton wool over the top and smooth it over my eye-makeup and face. I leave it for a minute then i use a clean cotton pad to wipe it all off. Then I follow with a normal face wash. I find this is amazing for makeup such as Estee Lauders DW and the like, as it just dissolves it! Ill be purchasing this when I do eventually run out :)

on 1/14/2011 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this due to the reviews here on MUA. I was using Revlon CS foundation religiously, and my cleanser at night wasn't enough to remove it. $27 is a bit pricey for a makeup remover, but there is alot of product so it lasts a long time. I am extremely oily naturally and I was scared a product like this would make me even oilier. For me it was the exact opposite. This makes my skin baby soft like butter. The key for me is using this first to break down any makeup and then using my cleaner to wash it away. This way I ensure that my skin gets super clean, and there isnt any makeup residue left to break me out later since I have sensitive skin. Its my fav makeup remover that Ive tried. I def will buy it again.

on 1/4/2007 3:49:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

This product works great for me. It removes all my make up from sticky lip glosses, to waterproof eye liner and mascara. I have combination acne-prone skin and this does not break me out.