CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Filtered by hair type : Curly
CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.3

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

on 1/25/2019 8:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Meh... not sure how I feel about this product... I was never into double cleansing, but I figured I would just give this balm a try!
I find that I have to rub quite a bit in order to get my mascara off with this... if I use too little, it doesn’t feel comfortable and doesn’t remove makeup well, and if I use a decent amount in order for it to work properly, my vision gets foggy...
I don’t hate it but don’t love either. Don’t think I’ll be repurchasing this one!

on 11/16/2018 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've tried this when I've gotten sample jars of it in GWPs. I did not care for it, although, I've yet to find any of the take the day off's that I've really loved, this one being the least.

The balm is intended to be used dry and rubbed dry onto a makeup-wearing face. This will emulsify into a thinner oil and remove makeup in the process of rubbing it into your skin. I found that it rinsed away decently enough, but it left the most disorienting film across your eyes that makes everything blurry. It doesn't burn (thankfully) but I did not care for it. It removed most of my makeup without excessive rubbing. I do not believe this caused any breakouts.

I did not care for the product at this price being in a jar as it is easy to scoop out far more than you need, and you can't really put the balm back into the jar afterwards (you can, but it would look rather disgusting).

on 10/15/2018 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This product gave me a terrible contact dermatitis. It contains potentially harmful irritants when used on or around eyes and skin.
Returning.
No I do not recommend this product.

on 6/21/2018 5:27:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've been testing this with my Clinique Take It All Off Duo and it has rinsed the mascara very quick and easy. Loved it.

on 12/24/2017 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I was using the Colleen Rothschild cleansing balm. And while I love it, it cost me a crap load to have it shipped over from the states to Canada not to mention the price tag. So I realized I needed to find another one and fast. I decided to check Beautypedia and found this so I bought it! This stuff is amazing. Doesn't leave my face greasy, cleans off ALL my makeup including waterproof mascara. Yes at times it might leave a small residue of mascara behind, but I always go in with my facial cleanser right after using this. It has no smell which is great and for a big jar at $38 it is priced right. I can't really complain for the amount of product and how well it works. I do really recommend this product if you are looking for a cleansing balm at the right price!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Oh my god...YES. I have been meaning to pick this up for a while now and could not be happier. I read the other reviews saying that it really does the job, but I was still skeptical. I have tried everything and although some things are good, there is always some trace of eyeliner left (I do love a good tight-liner! but it's brutal to take off)...but not with this! I am seriously amazed. I work this into my face for maybe 60 seconds? Rinse it off, and no trace of eye makeup is left, and my face is completely makeup free. I follow it up with my favourite winter cleanser by La Roche-Posay (Toleriane), and my face feels perfectly cleansed. I am seriously thrilled and this is my new makeup remover. Hats off to Clinique...they nailed it.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is fantastic at removing all of my make up at night. I double cleanse with this, and everything is gone (sometimes I need to quickly wipe my eyes with a micellar water, but what is left is minimal). You hardly need to use any, so it lasts a long time and it isn't scented so it doesn't irritate my skin. I'm already on my second jar and will purchase again!

on 8/17/2017 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My requirements for a cleanser are that they're 1) makeup removing 2) non drying 3) don't sting the eyes 4) don't break me out and 5) are preferably fragrance free. Happy to report that TTDO passes on all five counts with flying colors! I use it to wash my face when I'm wearing makeup and it gets everything off, doesn't leave my dry skin feeling tight, but also doesn't require a secondary cleanser or feel like it's leaving a gross residue on my face. It doesn't break me out like a lot of drugstore cream cleansers and doesn't sting my eyes, which is important for an eye makeup remover but surprisingly not a gimme. To use it optimally, apply to a DRY face, work it in, and THEN splash your face with water. You need much less product this way, especially when you need to get off stubborn eye makeup. I'm working my way through a few different cleansing balmns (right now I'm using and loving Farmacy's) but I'll probably come back to this one because, simply put, it works and the price is right.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Absolutely love this product. I've just started on a 18 step skincare routine and this is my step 1. It's a beautiful product that really cleans your skin without stripping it. It feels luxurious the packaging is beautiful. It's brilliant value for money. I'm very happy with this product. May not be so great for oiley skin although if you double cleanse it shouldn't be a problem I imagine. Great if you are normal to dry. I will repurchase again and again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I got this about a week ago and it works great. It melts off eye makeup easily. I rub it into my eyes and face and then wipe off with a dry rag or Kleenex, then go in with a regular face cleanser. Does a great job not leaving extra eye makeup behind. It's a little on the higher end price wise but compared with the amount of product you get it ends up really not being expensive. Fragrance free, gentle and not greasy. Cute packaging that looks nice on the sink. Highly recommend

Edit: this broke out my skin bad, I use it ONLY to remove stubborn or heavy eye makeup now