CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.3

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

Clinique 'Take the Day Off' cleansing balm is brilliant if you want a unscented and fuss-free cleanser. It comes in solid form that melts into an oil with the heat of your hands. I enjoy giving myself a lil facial massage whilst using this :)
I use this as my first step if I'm double cleansing after wearing heavier makeup or feeling congested. I personally always like to follow up with a 2nd cleanser. It removes all my facial makeup perfectly with a muslin cloth.
I took a lippie off as this doesn't work as an eye makeup remover for me, I have to scrub pretty hard to get mascara off plus it makes my eyes blurry AF. In general though, I always use a separate eye makeup remover so it's not a deal breaker for me.
Overall, if you want a fragrance-free, non-comedogenic and basic-no frills cleansing balm, I highly recommend.

on 10/27/2018 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

So, this works really well for me. I tried cleansing oils, and micellar waters to do an initial cleanse to remove makeup. None of them stopped the breakouts I was experiencing after using my favorite foundations. This melts into my skin and dissolves my foundation and eye makeup without having to rub too hard. It rinses off cleanly and leaves my skin soft. I follow up with my Cetaphil cleanser. I need just a little bit to take off all my makeup. I wish there was a more hygienic way to get this out of the tub. I dislike having to stick my fingers into it. Perhaps a small spatula would help. Even so, a really great product!

on 10/19/2018 5:27:00 AM

I have very dry, (and currently) irritated skin. All my usual face products were making my skin sting so a friend recommended this. It has no scent (yay) and is extremely effective in removing all my makeup and sunscreen. I use it on dry skin and a little goes a long way. As with all balm cleansers it takes a bit of massaging to break down all the makeup and mascara, but it leaves my face feeling comfortable and totally clean. I wash it off with warm water and a washcloth. Way too pricey but otherwise a very nice product. I also tried the popular Elemis balm, and that was so scented it made my face sting like crazy and irritated my eyes.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This product took a long time for me to buy because:
1. it's expensive ($39 CAD)
2. I have more than enough makeup cleansers.

However, I am done rubbing my makeup off with cotton pad, it's never as precise as my milk/cleansers that I can get into my lashes with, and I prefer makeup removal done in one fell swoop. That doesn't necessarily mean one product, but it means that when I leave my sink, I started with a full face and left with a bare one. My lashes are naturally light and it's really easy to tell when my makeup remover hasn't done its job, and for me, thorough eye makeup removal is so important.

I can confirm that this product alone gets all of my makeup off, and my skin doesn't feel greasy or "undone" afterwards. Personally, I warm it up in my fingers, and gently rub my lashes, my brows, and my cheeks, and wash off with another cleanser afterwards. It gets the black mascara off my light lashes, no problem, and I like that it doesn't irritate my eyes, I can still open them to see how the removal process is going. I typically need 1/2 a tablespoon of product it seems (sounds weird, not sure else what to compare it to, LOL) for my entire face if I've worn full makeup that day.

If you have difficulty removing makeup, wear a lot of makeup, or are lazy with the removal process altogether, I would definitely recommend this product. The price tag can be a shock but for the ease of use, it's completely worth it. Just simply grab a little bit, massage your lashes and face, and your makeup is done for. And I'm sure this jar will last me the better part of a year at this rate.

on 9/10/2018 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this stuff! While I usually stick to micellar water for makeup removal, sometimes that isn't quite up to snuff against pesky waterproof mascara or days when I've really indulged in a ~full face. This balm has a pleasant texture, and you don't need very much at all to really get every single fleck of makeup off. No smells, no irritation. I appreciate the fact that I can open my eyes mid-smear to check and see if everything seems like it is sliding off. I am never a big fan of beauty products in pots, it just doesn't feel super clean to me (and, on a personal note, I keep my nail long, so it is a pain to try and avoid ending up with balm crescents under my nails and wasted product), but I understand that this texture wouldn't really suit a pump. All in all, I definitely would recommend this product, and will be buying it again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Love this stuff. As someone with pretty heavy acne scarring, I tend to use fuller coverage foundations...and we all know how tenacious that kind of foundation can be. I always double cleanse using this followed by Klavuu Pure Pearlsation Cleansing Foam for my water-based cleanser to remove all traces of makeup before applying any other skincare products. I have rebought and probably will continue to rebuy. Removes heavy makeup well. You may like to pair it with a washcloth to make sure it all gets off. Not a fan of the open tub but I can deal with the packaging.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Nice... I like how this liquifies quickly, rinses off easily, removes all of my makeup and best of all doesn’t leave behind a greasy residue like old school makeup removers. It’s very pricey but I’ve seen so many recommendations from MUAers for this as the best of the best - which it is - and a little really does go a long way. Since I’m currently using all Clinique as my skin care, I follow up with face wash and I never find any makeup residue left behind.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Decent non-fragrant cleansing balm that effortlessly removes my waterproof sunblock. I find that warm water isn't sufficient to remove the slight film it leaves behind on my skin, but a quick wipe down with a wet washcloth does the trick. Wouldn't repurchase since it breaks me out even after double cleansing. I guess my skin just doesn't agree with safflower oil.

on 5/12/2018 10:25:00 AM

I thought I would never be able to use a product like this as I break out so easily from using the wrong products (or a change in my routine, etc., etc.) so when I received a sample in my Clinique bonus I thought I'd just use it as eye makeup remover. That was a mistake for me as the next morning a had a big bump near my lash line so I put it in a drawer and forgot about it. Months later after starting Retin A and needing some TLC I decided to use this to remove my makeup (but NOT my eye makeup) gently rubbing on dry skin and wiped off with a wet baby wash cloth. I follow up with my regular foaming cleaner. I'm shocked this balm doesn't break me out as even some foaming cleansers do and it really doesn't even feel oily to me like a regular liquid oil does. Anyway, I'm really enjoying this product and I'll repurchase next time Clinique has a bonus.

on 12/29/2017 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I heard so many good things about this product, including from those who have Rosacea, which I have mildly, as well as seborrheic dermatitis; that makes my skin dry, flaky, easily dehydrated, & sensitive.

So, I decided to use a commercial product after decades of using the OCM, specifically the "dry OCM" (no water) in recent years. Despite being a balm cleanser that turns to an oil, it left my skin drier than I started.

I'll point out my skin does not like anything that emulsifies, foams, or otherwise removes precious oils & hydration (that includes plain water). I knew going in TTDO turned into a milky emulsion with water, but I had hoped it would be gentle enough, as well as give me a thorough cleanse to remove SD flakes. Unfortunately though, it just flared up the SD in my eyebrows, & the oils in TTDO did not compensate for the water needed to remove it (whether by rinsing, or using a wet washcloth).

My mom also tried it, & her skin is more resilient than mine. She didn't like it either, so back to the store it went. I'm giving it 2 lippies only because I know it has worked for a lot of people, it just wasn't for me.