CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Filtered by hair type : Straight
CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.1

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

on 12/5/2018 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I’ve always known to double cleanse, years before Micellar Water and stuff was invented. Intuitive!!!! It just makes sense if wearing all this crap (not even eye — face: spf is hard to remove, add some maybe long wear foundation/concealer to that, and your hopefully mild pH balanced cleanser ain’t gonna get the job done). My actual first time w using an oil was some 8-ish years ago I don’t even know if still exists — it was a cleansing oil by Nude. So then I tried everything from wipes (irritating & drying) to balms to reg oils to designated cleansing oils to the micellar waters (bleh I needs me some grease). I like a balm or oil cuz I have dry skin and I like how it breaks down ALLLL.

Anyways I used Clinique >20 years ago... I just started to enjoy some (very limited admittedly) products again at 39 and this is #1 of those — dare I say it’s my abso fave HG first cleanse?! After allllll I’ve tried which is like literary every single one?! Idk what it is... I love it so so much. I love the look of it, reaching into jar, scooping the stuff out (ESPECIALLY a brand new one! Up there w breaking a creme brûlée!) and emulsifying the balm to a thick oil that takes. Off. EVERYTHING!!! It never ever burns me, even if I’ve been overzealous with acid exfoliation or tret.... soothing always. No scent. It’s a very very effective yet enjoyable (in a sensory way, for me anyway) remover of all things. My 2 HG regular 2nd (or am alone) cleansers are Clinique EXTRA mild (pH of 5 correct me if I’m wrong), and the way less spendy (and weirdly in body wash aisle at least at my rite aid) Eucerin pH5 for face and body. Idc about pH of my body cleanser as I only (in cold weather) wash my dry limbs occasionally or I am a scaly lizard. Maybe some dry brushing and heavy moisture. I use more deodorizing washes for my ‘parts’ that get a thorough washing 2/day. You know what I’m referring to don’t make me say it. Hands constantly washed (APPLY & REAPPLY SPF if u do all your actives on your French Face like me). Face well I think we know I’m one of the skincare obsessed so...

If u break out I do not know what to tell you, they’ll always give a sample!! I do anti-aging skincare only. If you’re not double cleansing at night yet, get with the progrum, would ya? Even if ya don’t wear makeup... I KNOW youre ALL using spf 365 so get that shite off! I’ve bought many and will continue!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this to remove my makeup and then follow with a lather& rinse product (right now, Purity Made Simple). This balm melts makeup off my face—and i wear a lot of makeup. Even stage makeup would be no match for this. I could see drier skins really loving this, and all skins loving this in the wintertime. I agree with others that a spatula should be included with this. I am not sure if i would repurchase—only because my personal preference for products that lather & rinse away.

I just finished a jar of this balm and I have to say that I'm a fan. I've heard so many people raved about this and I understand why.

This cleansing balm really takes off all of your makeup; including stubborn waterproof products. It's gentle and easy to wiped off as well. It's definitely one of the best makeup cleanser in the market.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This unassuming balm does an impressive job removing even stubborn waterproof make up. It is gentle and effectively dissolves make up. Any remaining specks or make up can then be easily wiped off with a warm, wet wash cloth. My fave is left perfectly clean.

The cons - it’s a little firmer than I would like. Although it does melt quickly, for the first few seconds it’s chunky enough that a clump could fall off your face and in the drain. It’s also expensive considering how much you need to use to get the job done (about a teaspoon and a half). Lastly, you wouldn’t expect this with a greasy cleansing balm but for me it’s actually a little drying.

on 9/25/2018 2:55:00 PM

Overall, this is decent. It does a good job of removing all my makeup, including waterproof mascara. I find It still has a slightly 'waxy' feel when cleansing though, and I also find it doesn't completely rinse away cleanly, so I need to always double cleanse when using this. It's also pretty much unfragranced to my nose, or if it does have fragrance, it's so light that I can't really detect it. All in all, a decent product. I would repurchase if I ever stopped being able to purchase my beloved Banila cleansing balm.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is my HG cleansing balm. I’m on my 2nd jar already. I don’t really like the packaging as it’s unhygienic. But the product itself is absolutely fantastic.

I love this. To get the same effect, I normally use an eye makeup remover, micellar water and a milk cleanser to get all my makeup off and wash my face. I picked this up at the airport because I wanted something compact that I could use to take off my makeup in my seat without needing water or an extra trip to the bathroom. I rubbed this all over my face and wiped it off with Ole Henriksen cleansing wipes, and my skin was completely clean and soft. Since then, I've been using this every night and i just love how soft my face feels. The only downside is that I don't love having to dip my hands into a jar to get the balm out. They should figure out a better packaging solution for makeup melting balms (ie. maybe a stick form). This saves a lot of time and products leaving your skin soft and hydrated, I really like this a lot.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received a sample of this. I have tried cleansing balms in the past but have given up on them since although they work wonderfully to remove makeup, they always leave a film over my eyeballs that makes me see blurry. Sadly this Clinique one also caused this issue. It also didn't remove all traces of makeup. I still had to go in with my eye makeup remover with a Q-Tip afterwards to remove my mascara. Overall, wouldn't purchase.

on 12/10/2017 4:03:00 PM

I only just bought this but i can already tell that i absolutely love it! The balm is silky smooth, doesn't have a weird scent to it and is so comfortably to use even on my oily skin. I use it every evening to remove my makeup and at the same time i give myself a little face massage. It's perfect for winter time where the skin can get dry/damaged by the harsh weather, i experience that it actually soothes my blemish prone skin. At little goes a long way and i actually think the price is ok compared to the amount of product you get (mine was filled all the way up to the lid! Not something i experience often with skincare products….) I prefer to do a double cleanse where i use a mild foam cleanser afterwards and it works perfectly like that. The first time i tried the balm i used a cotton pad with Bioderma afterwards to really test if there was any makeup left on the skin, and to my surprise the cotton pad was totally clean!

Overall: A abseloutlely lovely product that will continue to use throughout wintertime and that i most definitely will repurchase when it's empty.

on 10/24/2017 11:21:00 AM

I got to say ... this is most likely the best make up remover I ever tried on. I bought it online for € 25 and I have been using it about a week. It's takes off ALL the make up you have on and I can apply in my eyes without worring that it's gonna burn or irritate. This is seriously a good product. Even though it can be expensive (not in my case, I found a good promotion online), it's something that will lasts for a long time and it's worth it, trust me. My skin feels really smooth after applying this product and I have already tried clinique products that caused me really dry skin (and I have sensitive and oily skin). I recommend 100%