CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Filtered by hair type : Other
CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Pros
- melts nicely
- rinses off well

Cons
- doesn't last me very long
- expensive for the amount you get and how long it lasts
- not significantly better than good old coconut oil, although it is nice to switch it up a bit

Overall
- nice indulgence but not worth it. Prefer farmacy cleansing balm (which is unfortunately more expensive and less product) and coconut or other oil to this one.
- worth trying since its not bad if you're interested in cleansing balms

Im debating repurchasing because it because Ive grown accustomed to it in the process of using up the jar i initially bought. ..

DUPE ALERT
I've heard the Body Shop Chamomile cleanser is a much cheaper dupe to this one. Havent tried it yet but I probably will

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It isn't very often I wear heavy makeup but when I do, this is one of the best things in my collection to remove it with at the end of the night. I find it doesn't leave a film on my skin or break me out in any way. I've always been a sucker for Clinique's packaging and this one sits pretty on my bathroom shelf. It is quite a basic formulation, nothing too complex, plus it benefits from the addition of Tocopherol (Vit E) as a bonus. Will re-purchase.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I'm constantly trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample/trial sizes from e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation/Anti-Ageing: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 7/6/2018 6:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Removes makeup well, without tugging. However, compared to Biore's Makeup Remover Perfect Oil (a product I discovered on my Asia trip last summer), this:
- doesn't remove makeup as well, especially eye makeup;
- leaves my skin too dry;
- is more expensive.

Also, I found Biore's cleanser more convenient: the pump allows for faster dispensing of the product, while with Clinique there is the lid, which also tends to collect dust and water stains (yes, I have the tiniest bathroom cupboard which does not have enough space for Clinique's container).

This was not a bad product, per se - but why pay more when Biore's Perfect Oil cleans better, you need less product, is cheaper and leaves my skin soooo soft, supple and glowing after use, while Clinique's version leaves my skin dry and lifeless? Hence only 3 stars for TTDO; 5 for Biore's "perfect oil"!

on 5/23/2018 11:58:00 AM

TOAL HG!! I've been using this for 2 years straight, every single night. It is the BEST makeup remover ever and it is THE reason I'm even willing to wear waterproof mascara, eyeshadow, & foundation daily. Apply, massage, and rinse-- you're done! I don't even use a secondary cleanser after this. Don't let the oily texture put you off. This is completely 100% clean-rinsing, and it's fine for oily skin.

I have found that it's CRITICAL that you apply this to your DRY face with DRY hands. DO NOT ADD WATER to hands or face until you have rubbed the product all over your face and all of your makeup has dissolved! Once you add water, the product emulsifies completely in preparation for being rinsed away-- and it loses its ability to dissolve makeup.

I use about a tablespoon-sized scoop, warm it between my palms, and massage all over my face (it feels good!). If you use waterproof eye makeup you'll need to do a bit more massaging around your eye area. But typically it takes me 20 seconds or less to dissolve all the makeup on my face. My skin feels soft and clean afterwards. Love this stuff to death!

Really broke out my chin :( I already know my chin can't handle oils of any kind but wanted to keep faith cause this takes off makeup so easily. Didn't work for me.

This is one of my HG cleansers. This balm takes off all my makeup, is gentle on my eyes - even when I scrub it into my lashes, and has been very calming to my red/sensitive skin. It also has a great consistency for face massages.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is one strange product for me. I can't really scoop it out like a gel so I end up putting my fingers into it multiple times and it gets really dirty really quickly. I don't think I should remove makeup from my makeup remover! It converts to a pretty slick oil/silicone remover quickly and does a nice job of breaking down all my makeup; but then its time to rinse. I usually use cool water instead of warm to rinse my face and when that cool water comes into contact with this balm on my face it solidifies again and i struggle to get it off. I won't be repurchasing this specific item from the line, but I did try the TTDO Cleansing Milk and it works like a dream. Not a total lose on the Clinique makeup removers, I just changed over to a different product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I added this to my routine as a makeup remover before my usual cleanser. It did work well and I found it pleasant enough to use. Sadly, after a few days, it gave me cystic acne. While I do get the occasional hormonal spot, I never sprout multiple cysts at once like I did when I tried TTDO.

Be careful if you're remotely acne prone. Try a sample if possible and patch test before you slather this over your entire face.

The makeup remover I have been looking for all of my makeup life.
Pros: completely removes all cosmetics and sunscreen, including long-wearing and waterproof formulations, doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, never burns eyes. Non-drying, has not caused any breakouts or rashes.
Cons: $29 may be quite pricey for some

Does exactly what it says it will, never stings or irritates, taking off make-up is a breeze.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I wanted to love this. I wanted it to live up to the hype. After my experience, I don't get the hype, at all.

This stuff doesn't remove makeup efficiently. I'm talking light makeup, Nars TM with a light dusting of powder, not greasepaint. I needed to apply it, work it in, and rinse TWICE to get this to remove all my facial makeup. Then to top it off, it left my skin feeling a bit stripped, yet also covered with a film. It's a balm-- it comes out of the jar in clumps which have to be melted onto skin then spread around. So awkward!

I did try it for eye makeup and it was subpar -- tho to be fair, I use a separate bi-phase eye makeup remover because you simply can't beat those for removing eye m/u -- nothing compares to them. So my low rating for this really has nothing to do with the fact that it didn't remove my eye m/u well.

UNSANITARY: Because this comes in a jar, it's unsanitary as well. Probably the most disgusting aspect, was that eventually this became discolored with what I think was MOLD. I suspect this was a result of me having to dip back into it a second time with a damp hand, since this product does not cleanse thoroughly in one pass. Good grief! As much as I dislike Noxzema cleanser in a jar, at least that didn't grow mold.

Also, as others reported, I did get an increase in acne while I was using this. I don't know if it was caused by ingredients, or if it was perhaps a result of the unsanitary packaging.

Bottom line: Awkward, inefficient, unsanitary, expensive. Because you need to do two passes to get your face clean with this, you need to use more product, rendering it even more expensive. I cannot recommend this to anyone in good conscience. Instead I would recommend Boscia Makeup-Breakup cleansing oil. Though it too is expensive, it is FAR superior and comes in a sanitary pump.