CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

3.8

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

on 11/16/2018 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've tried this when I've gotten sample jars of it in GWPs. I did not care for it, although, I've yet to find any of the take the day off's that I've really loved, this one being the least.

The balm is intended to be used dry and rubbed dry onto a makeup-wearing face. This will emulsify into a thinner oil and remove makeup in the process of rubbing it into your skin. I found that it rinsed away decently enough, but it left the most disorienting film across your eyes that makes everything blurry. It doesn't burn (thankfully) but I did not care for it. It removed most of my makeup without excessive rubbing. I do not believe this caused any breakouts.

I did not care for the product at this price being in a jar as it is easy to scoop out far more than you need, and you can't really put the balm back into the jar afterwards (you can, but it would look rather disgusting).

on 10/15/2018 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This product gave me a terrible contact dermatitis. It contains potentially harmful irritants when used on or around eyes and skin.
Returning.
No I do not recommend this product.

on 9/10/2018 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this stuff! While I usually stick to micellar water for makeup removal, sometimes that isn't quite up to snuff against pesky waterproof mascara or days when I've really indulged in a ~full face. This balm has a pleasant texture, and you don't need very much at all to really get every single fleck of makeup off. No smells, no irritation. I appreciate the fact that I can open my eyes mid-smear to check and see if everything seems like it is sliding off. I am never a big fan of beauty products in pots, it just doesn't feel super clean to me (and, on a personal note, I keep my nail long, so it is a pain to try and avoid ending up with balm crescents under my nails and wasted product), but I understand that this texture wouldn't really suit a pump. All in all, I definitely would recommend this product, and will be buying it again.

Removes makeup very easily! Great packaging tho!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have sensitive skin. It gets red and irritated easily as well as flaky and swollen due to dryness. My face will freak if you put something harsh enough on there. I LOVE this stuff. I got a travel size of it for $9.50 and it's definitely worth every penny. It's gently yet aggressive. I was wearing the waterproof better than sex mascara and after letting it sit and soak for about a minuet it just melted away. No harsh rubbing, no irritating fragrance, no breakouts. I'm definitely buying the full size when I run out. I do recommend using a spatula to scoop out product though for sanitary reasons. If you get a spot of makeup in there it'll break down and spread and ruin your product.

on 1/11/2018 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

So a bit of background, I have super sensitive, dry/combination skin, acne prone skin. I know from trial and error that i seem to be sensitive to dimethicone among other things. I can't use most products without getting itchy little angry bumps across my forehead and cheeks, but not with this. This product is so neutral and it does the job. I wear heavy makeup daily and this usually cleanse with this before i go in with Kiehl's cucumber herbal conditioning cleanser, but even without the second cleanse, all my makeup is gone after one wash. The only thing I don't like about this is that it comes in a pot and I have to dip my finger in it. I suppose the balm is too thick for a pump anyway. I've used this a little over two weeks now and haven't had a single breakout nor does my skin tingle after use like it usually does when my face doesn't like a product. It's pretty amazing

Ingredients:
Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, PEG-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water / Aqua / Eau, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol.

on 12/29/2017 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I heard so many good things about this product, including from those who have Rosacea, which I have mildly, as well as seborrheic dermatitis; that makes my skin dry, flaky, easily dehydrated, & sensitive.

So, I decided to use a commercial product after decades of using the OCM, specifically the "dry OCM" (no water) in recent years. Despite being a balm cleanser that turns to an oil, it left my skin drier than I started.

I'll point out my skin does not like anything that emulsifies, foams, or otherwise removes precious oils & hydration (that includes plain water). I knew going in TTDO turned into a milky emulsion with water, but I had hoped it would be gentle enough, as well as give me a thorough cleanse to remove SD flakes. Unfortunately though, it just flared up the SD in my eyebrows, & the oils in TTDO did not compensate for the water needed to remove it (whether by rinsing, or using a wet washcloth).

My mom also tried it, & her skin is more resilient than mine. She didn't like it either, so back to the store it went. I'm giving it 2 lippies only because I know it has worked for a lot of people, it just wasn't for me.

on 10/21/2017 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

**Edit:** Ok, I've used this a while longer, and tested it with a pretty good size sampling of all my makeup. I'm bumping it from 3 to 4 lippies, because I've finally figured out how to get the scratchy mascara bits toned down (not eliminated entirely, though). I was melting this between my fingers and then putting it on my face, leaving it on my eye makeup for a minute and then gently working it around until my makeup melted off. I'm still basically doing that, but I leave it on my eye lashes (after kind of pinching them between fingers covered in this stuff, to coat the top and bottom) while I work it around the rest of my face. After 2-3 minutes, I start on my eyes, and it seems to remove the mascara a bit easier that way.

Also, I know I compared this to coconut oil, but this stuff rinses off SO easily. I still follow up with a mild cleanser, to finish getting rid of my makeup and stuff, but this comes off with just water and no scrubbing or anything, and doesn't leave any weird residue on my skin.

Now that I've used it for 4-6 weeks on and off, I'm seriously considering switching to this. (Partly because my Neutrogena makeup remover lotion has started making my eyes sting really bad, and this stuff doesn't cause any irritation with my eyes or skin.) It's a bit on the pricier side, but I think it might be worth it. I didn't think it would last as long as it has, and it won't last as long as the tubes of Neutrogena have for me, but I'll pay a bit more for something that doesn't leave a residue, cause irritation, or force me to scrub at my eyes.**end of edit**

Meh. I said I wouldn't buy this again, but I'm not sure yet. I got a little one from Ulta a few weeks ago and have used it maybe half a dozen times and I just don't love it. It's not terrible, but I'm going to have to use it with other products to see if I like it more. I bought this partially because of the hype and good reviews, and partially because I wanted an all-purpose makeup remover.

The consistency doesn't bother me because I've used coconut oil to remove my makeup pretty often in the past, but if you don't like oils because of how they feel, maybe skip trying this.

What I do like is how well it removes most of my makeup. It actually does pretty well with my face makeup, eye shadow, and eyebrows. Anything that's left over (if anything is left over) is easily removed with micellar water, toner, or cleanser. Which I use depends mostly on how tired I am when I'm taking off my makeup, but I usually use this, then micellar water or cleanser, then toner. If I just had on BB cream and mascara, I might just use this and then toner.

But mascara and eyeliner? Ugh. It does work, kind of, but it takes forever, irritates my eyes really bad (some of that is from the product, some is the way it breaks down my mascara, which I'm getting to), and my mascara comes off in this sharp grainy bits which then scratches a bit all over my eye area. It also doesn't seem to get all of my mascara and the liner on my upper lash line off, so I end up having to use some of my Neutrogena eye makeup remover to get the rest off. I've tried this with two or three mascaras so far, and two liners. Maybe it's just the products I'm using. If I use something else and the results change, I'll come back and edit this review.

I do like that it doesn't seem to dry out my skin or leave it feeling greasy after I wash it off. That's nice. But I feel like for how little product you get, and how much it takes to get your makeup off, it isn't really worth the price. It would be, possibly, if it did a better job with my eye makeup. There's just not enough product (in the full sized or mini jar) for the price and inefficiency for me to justify switching to this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm a difficult person to wow, but this stuff is truly amazing! It's actually the first ever thing that YouTube made me buy.
Recently I've watched Desi Perkins video where she was removing a very heavy black eye makeup using this balm. Definitely, the video wasn't showing everything from beginning till the end without cuts, but it made me wonder if this thing will be able to remove my mascara and eyeliner without leaving the traces of makeup. I went to Ulta and bought a travel size (6.50$ with taxes 0.5oz / 15ml).
OMG this stuff is HG! All my life I struggled with raccoon eyes in the mornings. Not fully raccoon, but some traces were always left, no matter how many products I've used to remove my eye makeup. My lashes were falling out from rubbing, but my makeup was staying on....
This balm:
- it removes my mascara and eyeliner trace free in 30 seconds;
- I don't need to rub it strong into my eyes, very gentle circular motion work perfectly;
- it doesn't leave a residue;
- doesn't dry out my skin;
- I don't need to use any other product to fully remove my makeup. I still go with my regular face wash all over the face afterward, and I use Clinique balm on my eyes only, since my face makeup is minimal.
- my eyes are very sensitive and I can use.

This stuff is amazing! try it you won't regret!
If you're planning to use it on your eyes only travel size is should be enough for 6 months before it will expire.

Update: it does perfectly remove my eye makeup, but I can barely see during next 10 minutes. After several months of use, I'm done with it, I don't think to have a 'clouded' eyes worth full makeup removal at once. I've also tried to use it all over the face and ended up with terrible breakouts.

This thing is pricey if you see it just from the price point, BUT with the amount of product that you get and a little bit goes such a long way to clean stubborn yet wonderful makeup. No matter how many layers of products that I have on, cleaning it with this balm is such a joy. Usually I will be just putting 5 dots on my face and massage the balm thoroughly even to my eyes. Wipe it off with some tissue and as final check, I take a cotton pad and soak it in Bioderma Micellar Water. Then I wash my face, and voilaaaaa.... fresh face, ready for bed. Such an amazing product! I will definitely repurchase!