CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.6

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

on 8/25/2017 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Good cleansing balm, but heavy for oily skin. I liked how well it removed makeup and the lovely texture is a pleasure to use. However, it's quite heavy and felt like it left a residue on my skin, and it made my eyes cloudy after trying to remove my heavy duty eye makeup. I love the Take the Day Off oil - no residue left on skin or in my eyes.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After all of the hype for years on this product I had to try it out. It breaks down all of my makeup with one rinse & is the perfect sensitive skin cleanser to follow up with. Leaves my oily, acne prone skin really clean & balanced. Most people follow up with a foaming cleanser but I don't need to. I just use this a second time. One & done.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

my goddamn. holy grail.

after months of agonizing over if i should use a cleansing balm or not, then months of trying to choose one, i finally tried this one out and i'm spoiled. i'm totally spoiled. it's really hard for any other balm to live up to this (and one has, but i'll get on it at the end).

the thing i love the most about this balm is how it doesn't irritate my eyes. my eyes are sensitive as all hell (even getting water in them or whatever has me fumbling for the closest towel), so the fact this doesn't sting or irritate really has me super pumped. the texture of the balm itself is also really nice; it melts easily onto the skin, and dissolves makeup without too much effort. it also leaves the skin feeling soft and supple, so that's another plus.

my beef is the price, unfortunately. in my local currency (Malaysian Ringgit, MYR), i got it for MYR120. a few months later, it was bumped up to MYR135. and i was devastated! it was already such an investment to me, then it turns out it was even higher...? when my balm ran out, i was super upset, but until i have steadier income, i might not be coming back to this balm. thus...

so i've also been bit by the k-beauty bug. at this point, so is everyone and their grandmother. cool. a highly recommended balm is the Heimish All-Clean Balm and at almost half the price, it's become my new love.

i adore you Clinique...! it's just that my wallet doesn't!

on 12/5/2016 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is excellent to remove makeup. I would, however, follow up with a second cleanser. Alternatively use this as a morning cleanser.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this product! It melts away a full face of makeup including waterproof mascara with a minimal amount of product. My first time using it I thought it was too oily/emollient for skin but oddly enough this solid melts into the skin and feels like a cleansing oil but rinses like its water soluble. I use a wet wash cloth to wipe it off and the use my regular cleanser. I have acne prone skin and have had bad breakouts after using cleansing oils that I do not have with this product. For the price, this tub will last a long time and feel it's worth every penny.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is not my favorite make up remover. I'm awarding it 3 lippies however because it works. My "holy grail" make up remover is Snow River Mineral Oil. Skincare board here on makeupalley introduced me to it. I have seen many raves for the Clinique TTDOCB so I figured I'd try it just to review, along with it's Equate dupe.

What I like about this product... in addition to having an oil to remove the MU, it also has emulsifiers. I love these because it helps the oil cover surface effortlessly. That in turn makes removing make up even easier. I don't have to stand around waiting for the oil to break down my foundation. I just apply this, splash with water, then wipe it all off with a damp paper towel. I see very little residue when I go to follow up with an actual cleanser...so I know it's working. Another big pro is that my face feels clean after using it. The emulsifiers allow oil to mix with water so I don't have a film left behind.

What I dislike about this product... I wish they picked a different oil than safflower. I'd much prefer a more acne-prone-friendly option. I told myself "it could be worse though, they could have chosen coconut oil". And then I realized caprylic/capric triglyceride was listed right after. That's a coconut derivative for those of you unfamiliar. Nothing breaks me out more than coconut-anything. So with all that being said... this product will break me out like a volcano if I don't follow up with a cleanser afterwards. And even then, I am very suspicious.

I like this product enough that it has inspired me to try adding emulsifier ingredients to my mineral oil. But I will not be repurchasing. I do not mind the price whatsoever, but I do mind the low-grade ingredient list. If your skin plays nicely with safflower oil and coconut derivatives go for it. If not, heed with caution.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my new favourite cleanser! I use this after my Micellar water as an actual face cleanser. It cleans amazingly, and leaves my skin so so soft. It doesn't aggravate any redness either! Absolutely love it.

on 5/22/2015 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love this so much! Its amazing would defo re purchase!

on 10/12/2014 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I recently started using a Merle Norman long-lasting foundation. I was finding that it was hard to remove with my trusty makeup removing wipes. I recently returned a foundation from Sephora. I didn't have a receipt, so they gave me the refund on a giftcard. I had some time after work yesterday, I decided to go to Sephora to see if I could find something to use it on. A very helpful and friendly SA asked me if she could help me. I told her that I wanted to find a new makeup remover. She recommended this cleansing balm from Clinique. She also told me how to use it. Which was helpful. If she hadn't, I wouldn't have had a clue how to apply it. When I opened the container, I was expecting a cream. But it's actually a solid. But once you rub it on your face, it turns into a liquid. I was amazed how how well this makeup removed everything. With my makeup remover wipes, I was having to scrub to remove the Merle Norman foundation. The Merle Norman is my HG foundation, so there is no way I was going to quit using it. I was also a little concerned that it would leave a residue on my face, or be too drying on my face. But it wasn't at all. I splashed some water on my face and it came right off. My face felt clean and smooth. It didn't feel overly dry or tight. Yes, this balm is a tad pricey at $28, but in my opinion, it is worth every penny. I will definitely purchase this again.

on 3/4/2014 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was running out of my MAC cleansing oil then i was reading about cleansing balm so i thought maybe i should try one out. Pick this one up and now i like it more than my cleansing oil. It cleans the same way but less messy than the cleansing oil. My face feels cleans after using it. Its in a jar so its not that hygienic, so i use a cotton swab or spatula to take some out whenever i use it. Just need a little bit so this jar will last a long time