CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Filtered by skin type : Oily
CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.4

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this to remove my makeup and then follow with a lather& rinse product (right now, Purity Made Simple). This balm melts makeup off my face—and i wear a lot of makeup. Even stage makeup would be no match for this. I could see drier skins really loving this, and all skins loving this in the wintertime. I agree with others that a spatula should be included with this. I am not sure if i would repurchase—only because my personal preference for products that lather & rinse away.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Love this stuff. As someone with pretty heavy acne scarring, I tend to use fuller coverage foundations...and we all know how tenacious that kind of foundation can be. I always double cleanse using this followed by Klavuu Pure Pearlsation Cleansing Foam for my water-based cleanser to remove all traces of makeup before applying any other skincare products. I have rebought and probably will continue to rebuy. Removes heavy makeup well. You may like to pair it with a washcloth to make sure it all gets off. Not a fan of the open tub but I can deal with the packaging.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have tried more expensive makeup removers and compared to Lancome, Estee Lauder, Chanel, this is affordable. If you are used to using drugstore this is expensive. I have sensitive skin and cleaners usually burn my face or I get acne from continuous use. I was using coconut oil to remove my makeup, it worked pretty good, but after continuous use, I did not like how my skin looked. I love coconut oil, but it really made my skin dull and flat, but it might be my fault. I would use solid coconut oil and rub into my skin and it would irritate my skin until it melted.

I love clinique moisture surge moisturizer and I heard of this product and had to try it. This is the first cleanser to completely remove my EL DW foundation, I was shocked! Any other cleanser, I would have to use a Olay daily wipe to remove excess. No need, this took off all face makeup! Incredible.

But, the only product that is still a struggle to remove is my waterproof gel eyeliner and mascara. It does remove it, but takes a bit more effort. But, i use to get mascara buildup on my lashes, not anymore. Just use a qtip under the eyes to get residue makeup off and rub over lashes to get any excess mascara off.

When you first look at the container it looks like Vaseline and coconut oil combined. There is a natural scent, but does not bother me. I was slightly confused on how to use it. Just dunk your fingers in and then massage into skin and makeup starts to dissolve off the face. This dissolves faster than coconut oil into skin and leaves skin much more soft than coconut oil.

I love this product. The container is pretty, but easy to contaminate it.

This leaves the skin so soft, that once I wanted to use it as a night treatment. This is not the purpose of the product. After 15 minutes, my skin started to burn.

This is wonderful product, but different, give it a chance.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is my HG cleansing balm. I’m on my 2nd jar already. I don’t really like the packaging as it’s unhygienic. But the product itself is absolutely fantastic.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received a sample of this. I have tried cleansing balms in the past but have given up on them since although they work wonderfully to remove makeup, they always leave a film over my eyeballs that makes me see blurry. Sadly this Clinique one also caused this issue. It also didn't remove all traces of makeup. I still had to go in with my eye makeup remover with a Q-Tip afterwards to remove my mascara. Overall, wouldn't purchase.

on 8/30/2017 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this!! Perfect for travel. I've used the oil also and both work great. A little of this works great. Will last forever. I do a 8 step skin care routine so I use a gel cleanser right after this then an exfoliate.

on 11/5/2016 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

LOVE. This melts my makeup right off my face and doesn't sting my eyes at all (my vision can get a bit blurry if I'm not careful). I've used a makeup wipe right after using this, to see if I missed anything, and the wipe was spotless. I've never had anything remove my makeup so well. My only complaint is the price. It's expensive for something that won't be on your face for longer than 5mins.

on 10/19/2016 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Really great for those full-faced makeup days. The balm melts into an oil when mixed with the heat of your fingertips. The tub is huge, and when you only use the tiniest little bit, one lasts ages.

on 10/15/2016 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Makeup removers and remover wipes have always been a fail for me. Either they don't work well enough or they irritate my sensitive skin, especially around my eyes. This cleansing balm is the love of my life. I slather it on! It's solid in the jar and melts instantly on to skin. It feels like oil once it emulsifies but it's not 'greasy,' just very emollient. I apply a hefty amount (probably more than I need to lol) and gently massage it in, then I remove with a clean damp, warm washcloth. My skin is so soft afterwards. The I follow up with a cleanser because I have oily and acne prone skin. This truly gets ALL of your makeup off with ease and does not irritate my skin or eyes whatsoever. It's a bit pricey but it's so worth it and one jar lasts about 3-4 months for me. I will use this forever and ever.

I actually like the jar. I scoop it out with a plastic cosmetic scoop or the back of my fingernail (freshly washed hands of course). The balm is so thick that it would not work in a tube or pump.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Bought a regular sized jar and got a mini travel sized as part of a gift set. That's a lot of product! Luckily I do really like it.

I usually scuff off the equivalent of one pump of another cleanser with the side of my finger, distrubute between my finger tips and gently massage the excess onto the cheeks, chin, nose and forehead and then go for the eyes with the melted oils on my fingers. Smears eye makeup around pretty good, so you really end up looking like a racoon! I follow with a Dove Cleansing Cloth that doubles as a second cleanser and something to wipe away the grease and black makeup residue that I don't want staining my towels.

Gentle on my eyes, and I wear contacts!

No added scent, no artificial colours. Only downside is the packaging allows for contamnation if you aren't careful or if you go in for a double dip.

I would buy this again, but I would also like to try the other products in this line.