CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Filtered by skin type : Combination
CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.3

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

on 2/16/2019 4:08:00 AM

Expensive product but it works.
On first glance,it is a solidified white wax like consistency but when you put it on your hands it melts and transforms into an oil.
It melts everything even waterproof mascara though you do need to massage it in the skin for a longer time when you have foundation on so it removes all traces of it.It'd be advisable if after using this balm,you thoroughly cleanse your face with a facial wash AND use a toner after to make sure you have removed every last trace of makeup left.
Packaging is fine,not very hygienic though as you have to put your fingers in to get the product out unless you use a small spatula.Ideally I'd prefer it if it was in a liquid formula with a pump for more hygienic reasons.

on 1/25/2019 8:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Meh... not sure how I feel about this product... I was never into double cleansing, but I figured I would just give this balm a try!
I find that I have to rub quite a bit in order to get my mascara off with this... if I use too little, it doesn’t feel comfortable and doesn’t remove makeup well, and if I use a decent amount in order for it to work properly, my vision gets foggy...
I don’t hate it but don’t love either. Don’t think I’ll be repurchasing this one!

Clinique 'Take the Day Off' cleansing balm is brilliant if you want a unscented and fuss-free cleanser. It comes in solid form that melts into an oil with the heat of your hands. I enjoy giving myself a lil facial massage whilst using this :)
I use this as my first step if I'm double cleansing after wearing heavier makeup or feeling congested. I personally always like to follow up with a 2nd cleanser. It removes all my facial makeup perfectly with a muslin cloth.
I took a lippie off as this doesn't work as an eye makeup remover for me, I have to scrub pretty hard to get mascara off plus it makes my eyes blurry AF. In general though, I always use a separate eye makeup remover so it's not a deal breaker for me.
Overall, if you want a fragrance-free, non-comedogenic and basic-no frills cleansing balm, I highly recommend.

on 12/5/2018 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I’ve always known to double cleanse, years before Micellar Water and stuff was invented. Intuitive!!!! It just makes sense if wearing all this crap (not even eye — face: spf is hard to remove, add some maybe long wear foundation/concealer to that, and your hopefully mild pH balanced cleanser ain’t gonna get the job done). My actual first time w using an oil was some 8-ish years ago I don’t even know if still exists — it was a cleansing oil by Nude. So then I tried everything from wipes (irritating & drying) to balms to reg oils to designated cleansing oils to the micellar waters (bleh I needs me some grease). I like a balm or oil cuz I have dry skin and I like how it breaks down ALLLL.

Anyways I used Clinique >20 years ago... I just started to enjoy some (very limited admittedly) products again at 39 and this is #1 of those — dare I say it’s my abso fave HG first cleanse?! After allllll I’ve tried which is like literary every single one?! Idk what it is... I love it so so much. I love the look of it, reaching into jar, scooping the stuff out (ESPECIALLY a brand new one! Up there w breaking a creme brûlée!) and emulsifying the balm to a thick oil that takes. Off. EVERYTHING!!! It never ever burns me, even if I’ve been overzealous with acid exfoliation or tret.... soothing always. No scent. It’s a very very effective yet enjoyable (in a sensory way, for me anyway) remover of all things. My 2 HG regular 2nd (or am alone) cleansers are Clinique EXTRA mild (pH of 5 correct me if I’m wrong), and the way less spendy (and weirdly in body wash aisle at least at my rite aid) Eucerin pH5 for face and body. Idc about pH of my body cleanser as I only (in cold weather) wash my dry limbs occasionally or I am a scaly lizard. Maybe some dry brushing and heavy moisture. I use more deodorizing washes for my ‘parts’ that get a thorough washing 2/day. You know what I’m referring to don’t make me say it. Hands constantly washed (APPLY & REAPPLY SPF if u do all your actives on your French Face like me). Face well I think we know I’m one of the skincare obsessed so...

If u break out I do not know what to tell you, they’ll always give a sample!! I do anti-aging skincare only. If you’re not double cleansing at night yet, get with the progrum, would ya? Even if ya don’t wear makeup... I KNOW youre ALL using spf 365 so get that shite off! I’ve bought many and will continue!

on 11/23/2018 1:28:00 PM

I came across this product recently and its been three months i am using this product...i have a very sensitive skin with breakouts at times and rashes but this product helps me to cleanse of my face without developing rashes and also its very hydrating and smooth. The packaging is very attractive and one jar goes a long way. Loved this product. Its better than makeup removers

I just finished a jar of this balm and I have to say that I'm a fan. I've heard so many people raved about this and I understand why.

This cleansing balm really takes off all of your makeup; including stubborn waterproof products. It's gentle and easy to wiped off as well. It's definitely one of the best makeup cleanser in the market.

on 10/19/2018 3:15:00 PM

I really like this balm, it removes well the makeup (but I have to say that I don't wear heavy makeup) and the skin is not dry after applying it. Also, a small amount is enough to clean all the face. In my case, it did not cause any irritation, even in the eye area.
However, the packages are only of 125 ml and the best before date is only 6 months. I can't even use half of a package in 6 months so I don't buy it frequently, unfortunately. I would buy it frequently if Clinique launched smaller packages of 50ml, for example.

on 10/19/2018 5:27:00 AM

I have very dry, (and currently) irritated skin. All my usual face products were making my skin sting so a friend recommended this. It has no scent (yay) and is extremely effective in removing all my makeup and sunscreen. I use it on dry skin and a little goes a long way. As with all balm cleansers it takes a bit of massaging to break down all the makeup and mascara, but it leaves my face feeling comfortable and totally clean. I wash it off with warm water and a washcloth. Way too pricey but otherwise a very nice product. I also tried the popular Elemis balm, and that was so scented it made my face sting like crazy and irritated my eyes.

on 9/25/2018 2:55:00 PM

Overall, this is decent. It does a good job of removing all my makeup, including waterproof mascara. I find It still has a slightly 'waxy' feel when cleansing though, and I also find it doesn't completely rinse away cleanly, so I need to always double cleanse when using this. It's also pretty much unfragranced to my nose, or if it does have fragrance, it's so light that I can't really detect it. All in all, a decent product. I would repurchase if I ever stopped being able to purchase my beloved Banila cleansing balm.

on 9/23/2018 3:50:00 PM

This product gets all of my makeup off, and my skin doesn't feel greasy afterwards. I warm it up in my fingers, and gently rub my lashes, my brows, and my cheeks, and wash off with another cleanser. It gets the mascara off my lashes. and I like that it doesn't irritate my eyes.