CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Filtered by skin type : Normal
CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.2

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

If you're looking for something that really takes off waterproof eyeliner and mascara, this is the product for you. A little goes a long way with this one in that just a small dab warmed up between your fingers will easily start to break down your makeup. The reason for my 3-star review is that the jar does not come with something to scoop out the balm. Once you've started rubbing your fingers on your makeup you don't want to put your dirty fingers back in for more if you need it. So I end up using both hands, getting them both full of makeup as I touch the faucet handles and try to put the top of the jar back on. I know, I'm probably weird and don't have to do this, it's just routine. Second, I'm not sure if others have noticed but this leaves a film in my eyes! Whether I have contacts in or not, it gets blurry sometimes and I have to be careful to wash it out.

on 10/27/2018 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

So, this works really well for me. I tried cleansing oils, and micellar waters to do an initial cleanse to remove makeup. None of them stopped the breakouts I was experiencing after using my favorite foundations. This melts into my skin and dissolves my foundation and eye makeup without having to rub too hard. It rinses off cleanly and leaves my skin soft. I follow up with my Cetaphil cleanser. I need just a little bit to take off all my makeup. I wish there was a more hygienic way to get this out of the tub. I dislike having to stick my fingers into it. Perhaps a small spatula would help. Even so, a really great product!

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This unassuming balm does an impressive job removing even stubborn waterproof make up. It is gentle and effectively dissolves make up. Any remaining specks or make up can then be easily wiped off with a warm, wet wash cloth. My fave is left perfectly clean.

The cons - it’s a little firmer than I would like. Although it does melt quickly, for the first few seconds it’s chunky enough that a clump could fall off your face and in the drain. It’s also expensive considering how much you need to use to get the job done (about a teaspoon and a half). Lastly, you wouldn’t expect this with a greasy cleansing balm but for me it’s actually a little drying.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Works really great.. very gentle on my sensitive eyes ..takes all makeup off but Still have to follow with my purity cleanser to get fully clean face

on 7/6/2018 6:40:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Removes makeup well, without tugging. However, compared to Biore's Makeup Remover Perfect Oil (a product I discovered on my Asia trip last summer), this:
- doesn't remove makeup as well, especially eye makeup;
- leaves my skin too dry;
- is more expensive.

Also, I found Biore's cleanser more convenient: the pump allows for faster dispensing of the product, while with Clinique there is the lid, which also tends to collect dust and water stains (yes, I have the tiniest bathroom cupboard which does not have enough space for Clinique's container).

This was not a bad product, per se - but why pay more when Biore's Perfect Oil cleans better, you need less product, is cheaper and leaves my skin soooo soft, supple and glowing after use, while Clinique's version leaves my skin dry and lifeless? Hence only 3 stars for TTDO; 5 for Biore's "perfect oil"!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Decent non-fragrant cleansing balm that effortlessly removes my waterproof sunblock. I find that warm water isn't sufficient to remove the slight film it leaves behind on my skin, but a quick wipe down with a wet washcloth does the trick. Wouldn't repurchase since it breaks me out even after double cleansing. I guess my skin just doesn't agree with safflower oil.

on 5/23/2018 11:58:00 AM

TOAL HG!! I've been using this for 2 years straight, every single night. It is the BEST makeup remover ever and it is THE reason I'm even willing to wear waterproof mascara, eyeshadow, & foundation daily. Apply, massage, and rinse-- you're done! I don't even use a secondary cleanser after this. Don't let the oily texture put you off. This is completely 100% clean-rinsing, and it's fine for oily skin.

I have found that it's CRITICAL that you apply this to your DRY face with DRY hands. DO NOT ADD WATER to hands or face until you have rubbed the product all over your face and all of your makeup has dissolved! Once you add water, the product emulsifies completely in preparation for being rinsed away-- and it loses its ability to dissolve makeup.

I use about a tablespoon-sized scoop, warm it between my palms, and massage all over my face (it feels good!). If you use waterproof eye makeup you'll need to do a bit more massaging around your eye area. But typically it takes me 20 seconds or less to dissolve all the makeup on my face. My skin feels soft and clean afterwards. Love this stuff to death!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have definitely used better cleansing balms. This was quite disappointing for me. The product doesn't really melt on your skin, it is clumpy and I spend some time trying to melt the small clumps onto my skin. The cleansing properties are not the best, eye makeup especially takes a 2nd cleanse to remove. it's not supposed to have scent. But . It smells terribly like chlorine and I dislike it. The price does not justify. Will not repurchase

on 12/24/2017 10:55:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I was using the Colleen Rothschild cleansing balm. And while I love it, it cost me a crap load to have it shipped over from the states to Canada not to mention the price tag. So I realized I needed to find another one and fast. I decided to check Beautypedia and found this so I bought it! This stuff is amazing. Doesn't leave my face greasy, cleans off ALL my makeup including waterproof mascara. Yes at times it might leave a small residue of mascara behind, but I always go in with my facial cleanser right after using this. It has no smell which is great and for a big jar at $38 it is priced right. I can't really complain for the amount of product and how well it works. I do really recommend this product if you are looking for a cleansing balm at the right price!

on 11/25/2017 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a great product, but you need to be aware of what it is and what it isn't. What it is: a makeup remover, and an amazing one at that. What it isn't: a cleanser. This will take your makeup off beautifully, but you will need to follow it up with an additional cleanser.

I'm absolutely terrible at remembering to take my makeup off, but since I bought this product (I'm on my 3rd tub of it now), I actually look forward to taking it off. It just feels so luxurious and nice that it makes me really want to use it.