CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.3

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product is my holy grail for removing waterproof or stubborn makeup. Seriously. I've never found another product that melts away waterproof mascara and eyeliner like this one.

I don't love the jar packaging, but given the almost-solid consistency at room temperature, I suppose there isn't really another way. I like someone else's suggestion of a stick format, but it's probably not solid enough for that.

I scoop a tiny bit of this with a clean finger and apply it directly to my eyelid or lashes and rub (very gently!). Then I soak a cotton pad with micellar water and gently wipe everything away. Magic! It doesn't burn or sting, even though I've definitely gotten some in my eye before.

It also lasts FOREVER. I got a deluxe sample from Sephora (15ml) 10 months ago and I'm only 3/4 through it. Granted, I only use it for the eye area, but I do use it every single day. I might start using this for the full face as part of a double cleanse since it's so good!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is truly the very best makeup remover I have used. It removes all makeup just using minimal product; which means it will last a longer time. It feels nice and non-irrating on the skin. Just coat your face, message until it dissolves, and then rinse. That's it. Takes 30 seconds at best. I came to this product from using cold cream, and I wasted a lot of time trying to get it to remove my makeup; I rubbed it in for long period of time because it wasn't taking off my eye makeup up all the way, then I'd waste, like, a quarter of a roll of tissues trying to wipe the cold cream off, and then finally, I'd spend a long time washing my face with soap trying to get the greasy feeling off my face. So, this Clinique product has been wonderful for me; efficient and quick. $29.00 at Clinique.com.

on 12/28/2016 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

HG cleanser/makeup remover--LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff.

Here's why: it's effective at removing makeup and cleansing my skin, isn't drying or irritating (and doesn't sting your eyes), and leaves my skin feeling GREAT (soft and supple) and well-prepped for the next step in my regimen. Plus I don't have to bend over the sink and splash water everywhere, which I've always hated.

My skin is very dry and somewhat sensitive (prone to rosacea) but generally clear. I've seen huge improvements in my skin since I started using the TTDO cleansing balm. Partly, I think, because it's so gentle and nondrying, but also because the products I apply afterward seem to work better now.

How I use it: scoop up a bit with my fingers, massage it into dry skin in upward circular motions, remove with a warm wet washcloth. The balm takes on an oily consistency when applied to dry skin and works great for facial massage (if you're interested, I would google "Caroline Hirons facial massage" or check out videos on YouTube--but you can also just rub it around in circles to get the job done), while taking off any makeup/sunscreen/grime. If I'm wearing heavy eye makeup, I use more balm and often have to give the eyes an extra go over. While the balm itself doesn't sting my eyes or irritate the extremely thin and sensitive skin around them, I am extra gentle with that area. In general, you don't want to go ham with your washcloth if you have more delicate skin, which I do. But you don't have to--I find the balm a cinch to remove and it doesn't leave any unpleasant residue. I bought 7 cheap washcloths, use one a day, and wash them all on laundry day.

I only have one real complaint: the price. But a tub does last a good while and it's totally worth it--I really think of it as the bedrock of my skincare routine. I also don't love the jar packaging and would prefer dispensing it onto my finger tips from a fat tube, but at least the jar allows you to get every last bit of this precious product.

Seriously, I recommend this to EVERYONE, unless you know one of the ingredients is problematic for your skin. It's so gentle and effective and just lovely.

on 11/22/2016 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I have dry, sensitive skin that is easily irritated, but it seems to love this stuff. It really does remove all makeup and dirt, doesn't require any scrubbing, and leaves my skin moisturized but without any gross film or residue. A little bit goes a long way - I definitely needed less of this than I initially thought; it seems to melt onto the skin and really spread out.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product, i love cleansing balms in a tub because you get a huge amount and although it is generally expensive it's worth it because it lasts ages! I've had this product for several months and still haven't ran out, bearing in mind i don't use this everyday because i use it as a first cleanse when removing my makeup (i dont wear makeup everyday) i think it's a good, bog standard cleansing balm without any fragrance or nasties it's just a simple cleanser for people who react to products badly this would be a dream! Removes makeup like a dream

10/10

on 11/17/2014 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

One word... AMAZING! Used this for the first time today and it makes taking your makeup off a dream! It feels like an oily balm at first but melts all your makeup off beautifully. It doesn't leave an oily residue behind either. I have very dry skin and it left my skin feeing soft and smooth but thoroughly cleansed at the same time. Would definitely repurchase again

on 1/26/2014 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I am a huge sucker for anything Paula Begoun says which is why I bought this.

Pros:
- Don't have to use very much - is lasting for ages.
- Emulsifies with water easily - unlike some cleansing balms - I'm looking at you Lush's Ultrabland
- Looks great on the bathroom counter
- Doesn't dry out my skin - but also doesn't leave a greasy film

Cons:
- Price! NZ$64. I got mine when I had a $20 voucher plus 20% off which made it much more affordable.
- Has started to smell a bit gross, I'm hoping the oils haven't gone rancid. EDIT: Clinique New Zealand thank you! I sent them my container after it had started to turn smelly. They sent me a new pot immediately. I think this time I will use some sort of spatula to get it out instead of my fingers.

A very good product and if I had the money to spend I would definitely buy it again.

on 9/30/2012 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I am impressed but I do find it drying. I like that it seems to take off 75% of my eye makeup (and I wear waterproof mascara) and all of my face makeup, but I've noticed that I have some flakes on my nose and around my eyebrows that I didn't have before I started to use this remover. Most times I do not follow up with another cleanser after using this because it appears to leave my skin a little dry already. I've been using it a week now and it doesn't appear to cause any breakouts or other problems. My face feels very clean after using this.

EDIT: I used up the entire tub but I then switched to Clarins Pure Melt because it is much more moisturizing. This Clinique product is very effective but it caused flaky skin with daily use.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have very dry, sensitive skin, so it really isn't all that surprising when it doesn't tolerate a product well. And unfortunately, my skin dried out a lot from using this, so it isn't a cleanser I could use every day.

As a makeup remover, it takes everything off easily. I do like that it washes off clean without leaving a film on my face, and it definitely makes my skin feel cleaner than my regular cleanser (Pond's cold cream). So I'll probably use up the rest of this jar by using this occasionally to get my skin extra clean before a mask or peel, but I won't be repurchasing. My skin just can't take the drying effect.

EDIT: Changed to 4 lippies and will repurchase. I've found that mixing a few drops of jojoba oil in with this minimizes the dryness for me while still allowing my skin to get nice and clean, so I'm switching between Pond's and this balm depending on how my skin feels. I still use Pond's as my primary makeup remover since it's just cheaper, but I'm learning to like this as a cleanser.

EDIT #2: Changed back to 3 lippies because while it doesn't dry my skin out as much with the jojoba oil, my skin has been breaking out horribly ever since I started using this regularly. I know it isn't the jojoba oil since I've been using that for years, so it can only be the TTDOB. :( Going back to Pond's, don't know why I ever switched in the first place.

on 2/1/2009 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Takes everything off including waterproof mascara. If you are prone to dry, tight feeling skin after washing then you will love this. You don't feel all tight at all.