CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.1

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

on 2/16/2019 4:08:00 AM

Expensive product but it works.
On first glance,it is a solidified white wax like consistency but when you put it on your hands it melts and transforms into an oil.
It melts everything even waterproof mascara though you do need to massage it in the skin for a longer time when you have foundation on so it removes all traces of it.It'd be advisable if after using this balm,you thoroughly cleanse your face with a facial wash AND use a toner after to make sure you have removed every last trace of makeup left.
Packaging is fine,not very hygienic though as you have to put your fingers in to get the product out unless you use a small spatula.Ideally I'd prefer it if it was in a liquid formula with a pump for more hygienic reasons.

Very good at cleaning the skin. Nothing is left. However it was *extremely* drying on my dry sensitive skin. It didn’t cause any immediate irritation however. I don’t know if this would cause me to breakout or give me clogged pores as I have only used it 4 times. It is probably one of the most drying cleansers I have ever tried.

I had the same reaction with Clinique Take the day off cleansing oil, so maybe my skin just doesn’t do well with cleansing oils and balms. I will go back to using Bioderma Sensibio H20 micellar water which although it takes longer to clean the skin and not quite as gentle as this (but still fairly gentle) it isn’t drying.

I will not repurchase this, but I’m glad that I tried it.

Clinique 'Take the Day Off' cleansing balm is brilliant if you want a unscented and fuss-free cleanser. It comes in solid form that melts into an oil with the heat of your hands. I enjoy giving myself a lil facial massage whilst using this :)
I use this as my first step if I'm double cleansing after wearing heavier makeup or feeling congested. I personally always like to follow up with a 2nd cleanser. It removes all my facial makeup perfectly with a muslin cloth.
I took a lippie off as this doesn't work as an eye makeup remover for me, I have to scrub pretty hard to get mascara off plus it makes my eyes blurry AF. In general though, I always use a separate eye makeup remover so it's not a deal breaker for me.
Overall, if you want a fragrance-free, non-comedogenic and basic-no frills cleansing balm, I highly recommend.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Pros
- melts nicely
- rinses off well

Cons
- doesn't last me very long
- expensive for the amount you get and how long it lasts
- not significantly better than good old coconut oil, although it is nice to switch it up a bit

Overall
- nice indulgence but not worth it. Prefer farmacy cleansing balm (which is unfortunately more expensive and less product) and coconut or other oil to this one.
- worth trying since its not bad if you're interested in cleansing balms

Im debating repurchasing because it because Ive grown accustomed to it in the process of using up the jar i initially bought. ..

DUPE ALERT
I've heard the Body Shop Chamomile cleanser is a much cheaper dupe to this one. Havent tried it yet but I probably will

on 11/16/2018 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've tried this when I've gotten sample jars of it in GWPs. I did not care for it, although, I've yet to find any of the take the day off's that I've really loved, this one being the least.

The balm is intended to be used dry and rubbed dry onto a makeup-wearing face. This will emulsify into a thinner oil and remove makeup in the process of rubbing it into your skin. I found that it rinsed away decently enough, but it left the most disorienting film across your eyes that makes everything blurry. It doesn't burn (thankfully) but I did not care for it. It removed most of my makeup without excessive rubbing. I do not believe this caused any breakouts.

I did not care for the product at this price being in a jar as it is easy to scoop out far more than you need, and you can't really put the balm back into the jar afterwards (you can, but it would look rather disgusting).

I just finished a jar of this balm and I have to say that I'm a fan. I've heard so many people raved about this and I understand why.

This cleansing balm really takes off all of your makeup; including stubborn waterproof products. It's gentle and easy to wiped off as well. It's definitely one of the best makeup cleanser in the market.

on 10/15/2018 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This product gave me a terrible contact dermatitis. It contains potentially harmful irritants when used on or around eyes and skin.
Returning.
No I do not recommend this product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This unassuming balm does an impressive job removing even stubborn waterproof make up. It is gentle and effectively dissolves make up. Any remaining specks or make up can then be easily wiped off with a warm, wet wash cloth. My fave is left perfectly clean.

The cons - it’s a little firmer than I would like. Although it does melt quickly, for the first few seconds it’s chunky enough that a clump could fall off your face and in the drain. It’s also expensive considering how much you need to use to get the job done (about a teaspoon and a half). Lastly, you wouldn’t expect this with a greasy cleansing balm but for me it’s actually a little drying.

on 9/25/2018 2:55:00 PM

Overall, this is decent. It does a good job of removing all my makeup, including waterproof mascara. I find It still has a slightly 'waxy' feel when cleansing though, and I also find it doesn't completely rinse away cleanly, so I need to always double cleanse when using this. It's also pretty much unfragranced to my nose, or if it does have fragrance, it's so light that I can't really detect it. All in all, a decent product. I would repurchase if I ever stopped being able to purchase my beloved Banila cleansing balm.

on 9/23/2018 3:50:00 PM

This product gets all of my makeup off, and my skin doesn't feel greasy afterwards. I warm it up in my fingers, and gently rub my lashes, my brows, and my cheeks, and wash off with another cleanser. It gets the mascara off my lashes. and I like that it doesn't irritate my eyes.