CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Filtered by skin tone : Other
CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

3.9

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

It is just amaaaaaaaaaaazing, it removes makeup so so well and it is not oily. Will definitely purchase again.

Holy grail makeup remover! I use it as a first cleanse to remove my makeup.
A little goes a long way. I massage it onto dry skin and it immediately breaks down my makeup. To remove, I splash some water on my face and the balm turns into a light milk that rinses off very easily (or I use a damp washcloth). All of my makeup is gone and it doesn't leave a residue film behind. I can't speak to its efficacy at removing mascara or eyeliner because I have eyelash extensions, so I use Bioderma micellar water around the eyes.

My skin is sensitive, and acne-prone, but this did NOT break me out or cause any kind of reaction. I am starting Accutane now, so my skin is becoming more dry and sensitive and this still does not cause any irritation. I always follow up with a second cleanser (non-foaming) to actually cleanse the skin.

on 4/30/2017 11:04:00 AM

Ok, my first review in I don't know how many years, this is how much this product has wrecked my skin.

My skin has been mostly ok with a basic routine of LRP and Avene products, a Skinceuticals sunscreen and retinaldehyde as an anti-aging/acne treatment, but I was never too happy about the performance of my cleansers and since the sunscreen is partly physical I thought I needed something stronger to remove it.

After a constant mantra and barrage of "double cleansing" and "you need oil to remove sunscreen" on the SCB and a number of beauty blogs I got suckered in by all the raves from people with sensitive and dry skin for this and somehow ignored all the one star reviews that had their skin utterly destroyed by this cleanser. I really wanted this product to work and to believe that I had found the magic cleanser, one that was completely non-irritating yet effective in removing any trace of sunscreen and make-up and yet non-sensitizing and able to keep my complexion crystal clear, if I used it as part of a double cleansing routine.

So unlike I would usually do, I didn't get a sample first, but greedily ordered this online and ignored the redness, unevenness and dehydration after the first use but finally threw in the towel (literally) after three attempts with this. My skin is completely dehydrated and blotchy from irritation now and in the worst condition it has been in years, I'm guessing it's Avene to the rescue.

I did use it correctly and did follow up with a cleanser I knew didn't irritate me, but even that cleanser stung when I applied it after rinsing the TTDO balm which it never did before, guess my skin barrier was already compromised.

This a lovely and gentle cleansing balm from Clinique which is available in a set with Clinique mascara and their Aromatics in White perfume for Christmas.

The cream turns into oil once you take it in your hands and start massaging it on your face. It can then be rinsed off or if you are feeling too lazy it can be removed using a cloth or cotton wipes. Once rinsed, it leaves your skin feeling clean and fresh with no oily residue. As a bonus point, it also makes your skin feel very soft. The pot lasts for a long time as well!!

Highly recommend getting it as a box set (treat yourself for Christmas!)

on 11/24/2015 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I received a large sample of this solid cleanser in a big plastic bubble blister pack from a recent Sephora order. I am perplexed by this because the first time I used it, it removed all traces of my eye makeup (Stila liquid eyeliner, UDPP, NARS eyeshadows) and my NARS foundation (no mascara because I currently have eye lash extensions, and yes, I know I'm not supposed to use oil-based cleansers with them but I'm in the process of growing them out). However, I continued to use this several nights in a row and it left racoon smudges underneath my eyes several times, and left some residue on my skin. I think the key is to not use too much, but it just isn't as good at removing eye makeup as my trusty DHC cleansing oil so I will be sticking to that. However, I love that this is an unscented cleanser and was surprised to see that it's made in Japan. I think there's room for improvement re: packaging though; it would be much easier to dispense if it came in a squeeze tube or something other than a screw-top jar.

on 1/12/2015 10:03:00 PM

I've used this product for almost a year now and it's by far the best makeup remover I've ever used. it not only fulfills every claim made, but also sooths and hydrates the skin. I would definitely recommend this to a friend,

Edit 7/8/17: this made my eyelashes fall out! Horrible solvent or something but I had to return this. Ugh.
---
Original review: Amazing!! My Father bought this for me, found out it is USD$28 but he's the best & this is so worth it (& I qualified for the GWP!). I use Clinique 3 step skincare (bar soap, oily skin cleanser, the #2 toner, dramatically diff moisturizing gel, all about eyes & this!). My skin has never looked better & this balm is so effective at taking off all my makeup & it's easy too. I just use a small amount rubbed into my face & then rub it off w a clean washcloth soaked in very hot water. That is all! I was surprised how much better (& easier) it is to remove all ur makeup w this than makeup remover wipes or baby wipes & how much the wipes don't actually remove. When I go over my face w the "2" toner there is nothing on the cotton round left over & I've not had a single blemish nor eye sties (from left over eye makeup!). I will definitely repurchase this product, I never want to be without this stuff neither, it's much better than a cold cream like ponds coz it doesn't clog my pores like ponds or albolene is too heavy for my blemish prone oily skin. It's gentle, unscented, no dyes that I can see, but this stuff works great & even if ur tired at night ladies you can manage this b4 falling exhausted into bed. My HG used to be Olé Henriksen orange wipes & while they are good this stuff is so superior. Usually when I find my HG it gets DC'ed so I hope this doesn't happen to me coz this is totally my HG. It dissolves oil, makeup, waterproof eye makeup, bacteria, just leaves ur skin so fresh, clean, not oily but not stripped, just perfect! It looks like it would travel well, I like the packaging it's classy typical Clinique. Just a lovely product. You need this in your life if you wear a full face of makeup on a regular basis like I do!!

on 10/20/2014 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

I've been using this about two weeks and I'm pretty impressed - it removes all makeup including mascara really well. The balm turns into an oil whe you rub it on your face but it rinses really well. Just be careful to wash it off especially near the ears as I think it can clog if not washed off properly. I've sometimes used normal foaming facewsh afterwards but I mostly use the balm alone. It was great when I had an allergy from neem oil as the balm is so bland and gentle that it didn't irritate my skin at all but still got rid of all my makeup.

On the downside, I have no need for the bottle of Bioderma nor the Toleriane cleaner that I bought last year. TTDO balm is my new favourite!

on 7/8/2014 8:09:00 PM

I'm really enjoying this cleansing balm. I don't usually wear heavy makeup, and I find this removes everything, rinses easily and leaves my skin feeling clean, but not striped. I would probably like it even better if it had a fragrance (but then I'm not usually sensitive to fragrance).

on 1/30/2014 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This has completely replaced Bioderma Sensibio/Crealine in my routine. It requires no rubbing and doesn't waste any cotton pads. It's a very gentle, unscented, no-fuss cleansing balm that's affordable (in North America) and widely available. It soothes my combination, dehydrated, congested skin, but a second cleanse is still required. I take this balm off with a wash cloth, and then use a gentle, hydrating cleanser as a second step. When I wash off the second cleanser with the cloth, there is no make-up traces, proving that the balm removed everything! My skin feels very comfortable and and clean after these two steps. I love this!