Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.2

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

Really broke out my chin :( I already know my chin can't handle oils of any kind but wanted to keep faith cause this takes off makeup so easily. Didn't work for me.

on 1/11/2018 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

So a bit of background, I have super sensitive, dry/combination skin, acne prone skin. I know from trial and error that i seem to be sensitive to dimethicone among other things. I can't use most products without getting itchy little angry bumps across my forehead and cheeks, but not with this. This product is so neutral and it does the job. I wear heavy makeup daily and this usually cleanse with this before i go in with Kiehl's cucumber herbal conditioning cleanser, but even without the second cleanse, all my makeup is gone after one wash. The only thing I don't like about this is that it comes in a pot and I have to dip my finger in it. I suppose the balm is too thick for a pump anyway. I've used this a little over two weeks now and haven't had a single breakout nor does my skin tingle after use like it usually does when my face doesn't like a product. It's pretty amazing

Ingredients:
Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, PEG-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water / Aqua / Eau, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol.

on 12/29/2017 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I heard so many good things about this product, including from those who have Rosacea, which I have mildly, as well as seborrheic dermatitis; that makes my skin dry, flaky, easily dehydrated, & sensitive.

So, I decided to use a commercial product after decades of using the OCM, specifically the "dry OCM" (no water) in recent years. Despite being a balm cleanser that turns to an oil, it left my skin drier than I started.

I'll point out my skin does not like anything that emulsifies, foams, or otherwise removes precious oils & hydration (that includes plain water). I knew going in TTDO turned into a milky emulsion with water, but I had hoped it would be gentle enough, as well as give me a thorough cleanse to remove SD flakes. Unfortunately though, it just flared up the SD in my eyebrows, & the oils in TTDO did not compensate for the water needed to remove it (whether by rinsing, or using a wet washcloth).

My mom also tried it, & her skin is more resilient than mine. She didn't like it either, so back to the store it went. I'm giving it 2 lippies only because I know it has worked for a lot of people, it just wasn't for me.

on 12/24/2017 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I was using the Colleen Rothschild cleansing balm. And while I love it, it cost me a crap load to have it shipped over from the states to Canada not to mention the price tag. So I realized I needed to find another one and fast. I decided to check Beautypedia and found this so I bought it! This stuff is amazing. Doesn't leave my face greasy, cleans off ALL my makeup including waterproof mascara. Yes at times it might leave a small residue of mascara behind, but I always go in with my facial cleanser right after using this. It has no smell which is great and for a big jar at $38 it is priced right. I can't really complain for the amount of product and how well it works. I do really recommend this product if you are looking for a cleansing balm at the right price!

It is just amaaaaaaaaaaazing, it removes makeup so so well and it is not oily. Will definitely purchase again.

This is one of my HG cleansers. This balm takes off all my makeup, is gentle on my eyes - even when I scrub it into my lashes, and has been very calming to my red/sensitive skin. It also has a great consistency for face massages.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Oh my god...YES. I have been meaning to pick this up for a while now and could not be happier. I read the other reviews saying that it really does the job, but I was still skeptical. I have tried everything and although some things are good, there is always some trace of eyeliner left (I do love a good tight-liner! but it's brutal to take off)...but not with this! I am seriously amazed. I work this into my face for maybe 60 seconds? Rinse it off, and no trace of eye makeup is left, and my face is completely makeup free. I follow it up with my favourite winter cleanser by La Roche-Posay (Toleriane), and my face feels perfectly cleansed. I am seriously thrilled and this is my new makeup remover. Hats off to Clinique...they nailed it.

on 12/10/2017 4:03:00 PM

I only just bought this but i can already tell that i absolutely love it! The balm is silky smooth, doesn't have a weird scent to it and is so comfortably to use even on my oily skin. I use it every evening to remove my makeup and at the same time i give myself a little face massage. It's perfect for winter time where the skin can get dry/damaged by the harsh weather, i experience that it actually soothes my blemish prone skin. At little goes a long way and i actually think the price is ok compared to the amount of product you get (mine was filled all the way up to the lid! Not something i experience often with skincare products….) I prefer to do a double cleanse where i use a mild foam cleanser afterwards and it works perfectly like that. The first time i tried the balm i used a cotton pad with Bioderma afterwards to really test if there was any makeup left on the skin, and to my surprise the cotton pad was totally clean!

Overall: A abseloutlely lovely product that will continue to use throughout wintertime and that i most definitely will repurchase when it's empty.

on 12/9/2017 9:57:00 AM

The stuff melts off my mascara/liner with ease. Use it without water, rub it over your face, massage it in. I like to let it sit on my face for a minute before adding the water. Once u add the water it becomes milky. Rinses off easily. This product does NOT sting my eyes, and works better than any other eye makeup remover. I do follow up with a regular foaming facial cleanser, because I am paranoid about breaking out, but... it's not necessary. The few times I did not do a second cleanse, there were no breakouts. I recommend getting a mini travel size to sample it out first. Once clinique has a gift with purchase, I will get the big size.
-travels well. No spillage, no cotton balls necessary. The mini size is perfect for vacations. I'm very happy with it. :)

on 12/8/2017 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Would not recommend this product to those w acne-prone skin/skin that is easily congested by moisturizing products.

This is a really lovely product, no fragrance, quite pricey but you need the smallest amount of product for your entire face so it would be worth the price tag to me in that way. It feels so luxurious, very silky, smooth, gentle, and moisturizing. It easily took off all of my makeup. A gripe I have w this product, however, is that it feels as though there is a film on my face after I rinse it off and even after using a proper cleanser afterwards. Even though this film/oily residue felt quite moisturizing on my skin and made my skin feel very soft and moisturized, it was also a little unpleasant because it also felt like there was a little bit of something left over on my skin (and I would always wash my face w my cleanser usually 2x after using this).

However as stated earlier, this sadly broke me out quite badly. I ended up giving it to my mum who really likes it.