Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.2

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

on 4/25/2017 7:18:00 AM

Outstanding cleanser for removing makeup and being gentle on the skin at the same time. It comes as a waxy consistency which turns to an oily cleanser when applied to your face. There is no residue after rinsing away with water, just clean, soft skin. It is perfect for sensitive and reactive skin types like mine.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Absolutely love this product. I've just started on a 18 step skincare routine and this is my step 1. It's a beautiful product that really cleans your skin without stripping it. It feels luxurious the packaging is beautiful. It's brilliant value for money. I'm very happy with this product. May not be so great for oiley skin although if you double cleanse it shouldn't be a problem I imagine. Great if you are normal to dry. I will repurchase again and again.

Holy grail balm cleanser. Takes everything off. So gentle. Does not dry out skin. Does not irritate. Does not cause breakouts (and I have acne prone skin). If you have tried the evil Emma Hardie cleansing balm recommended by Caroline Hurons and ended up with massive breakouts and painful skin, don't fear Clinique - it is everything your dreamed of in a balm cleanser and it won't destroy your skin ever. I would cry if they ever discontinued this. Do not trust any other balm cleanser after my Emma Hardie nightmare.

on 4/14/2017 4:56:00 PM

Best cleanser ever! Breaks down everything on my face, even thick layers of mascara without any problem. Does not irritate, break out or dry out my skin. Leaves the skin glowing, but not greasy afterwards. I totally love this stuff.

on 4/13/2017 1:26:00 PM

Pros: cleans effectively without feeling greasy, doesn't irritate or broke out my sensitive combo skin, can be used for the entire face including eyes, removes waterproof makeup, fragrance free, Cons: my face feels uncomfortably tight after towel dry.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I have used Pond's cold cream for many years and I have always had a problem with the greasy feeling that is left after wiping the cold cream off (even with warm water).
So, I changed to Clinique take the day off cleansing balm.
This balm does not leave a greasy residue. Also, it does not irritate my eczema skin.
After wipping it off with warm water, I usually use a mild cleanser once and I feel completely clean.

on 4/9/2017 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Already bought it again two more times. Best makeup remover. Doesn't make my skin oily nor break me out. No need to double cleanse after using this if you don't feel like it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After all of the hype for years on this product I had to try it out. It breaks down all of my makeup with one rinse & is the perfect sensitive skin cleanser to follow up with. Leaves my oily, acne prone skin really clean & balanced. Most people follow up with a foaming cleanser but I don't need to. I just use this a second time. One & done.

on 4/6/2017 12:29:00 AM

I didn't really have a good experience with Clinique's skincare range when I was in my early teens.. I was a bit hesitant to try the cleansing balm but after watching lots of Youtube videos, I just had to try it! I find it more effective than the Banila Co Clean It Zero and other cleansing oils I've tried.

I'd recommend to use a spatula instead of your fingers to scoop out the cleansing balm. If you're breaking out, try massaging only your base makeup first then massage your eye makeup last only around your eyes, followed by adding a bit of water gradually to emulsify the balm before washing it off. I only massage my face and especially my eyes with my ring fingers because it exerts the least pressure.

However like lots of cleansing oils/balms do, it does leave a slightly oily film on my face after washing off all the makeup. I'll follow up with cleansing my entire face with micellar water. I have sensitive, red, oily and acne-prone skin but this doesn't break me out. I only use this 3-5 times a week when I'm wearing foundation the whole day. It might be too much for sensitive skin to use this everyday in my opinion.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is truly the very best makeup remover I have used. It removes all makeup just using minimal product; which means it will last a longer time. It feels nice and non-irrating on the skin. Just coat your face, message until it dissolves, and then rinse. That's it. Takes 30 seconds at best. I came to this product from using cold cream, and I wasted a lot of time trying to get it to remove my makeup; I rubbed it in for long period of time because it wasn't taking off my eye makeup up all the way, then I'd waste, like, a quarter of a roll of tissues trying to wipe the cold cream off, and then finally, I'd spend a long time washing my face with soap trying to get the greasy feeling off my face. So, this Clinique product has been wonderful for me; efficient and quick. $29.00 at Clinique.com.