Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.2

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

on 10/21/2017 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Meh. I said I wouldn't buy this again, but I'm not sure yet. I got a little one from Ulta a few weeks ago and have used it maybe half a dozen times and I just don't love it. It's not terrible, but I'm going to have to use it with other products to see if I like it more. I bought this partially because of the hype and good reviews, and partially because I wanted an all-purpose makeup remover.

The consistency doesn't bother me because I've used coconut oil to remove my makeup pretty often in the past, but if you don't like oils because of how they feel, maybe skip trying this.

What I do like is how well it removes most of my makeup. It actually does pretty well with my face makeup, eye shadow, and eyebrows. Anything that's left over (if anything is left over) is easily removed with micellar water, toner, or cleanser. Which I use depends mostly on how tired I am when I'm taking off my makeup, but I usually use this, then micellar water or cleanser, then toner. If I just had on BB cream and mascara, I might just use this and then toner.

But mascara and eyeliner? Ugh. It does work, kind of, but it takes forever, irritates my eyes really bad (some of that is from the product, some is the way it breaks down my mascara, which I'm getting to), and my mascara comes off in this sharp grainy bits which then scratches a bit all over my eye area. It also doesn't seem to get all of my mascara and the liner on my upper lash line off, so I end up having to use some of my Neutrogena eye makeup remover to get the rest off. I've tried this with two or three mascaras so far, and two liners. Maybe it's just the products I'm using. If I use something else and the results change, I'll come back and edit this review.

I do like that it doesn't seem to dry out my skin or leave it feeling greasy after I wash it off. That's nice. But I feel like for how little product you get, and how much it takes to get your makeup off, it isn't really worth the price. It would be, possibly, if it did a better job with my eye makeup. There's just not enough product (in the full sized or mini jar) for the price and inefficiency for me to justify switching to this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm a difficult person to wow, but this stuff is truly amazing! It's actually the first ever thing that YouTube made me buy.
Recently I've watched Desi Perkins video where she was removing a very heavy black eye makeup using this balm. Definitely, the video wasn't showing everything from beginning till the end without cuts, but it made me wonder if this thing will be able to remove my mascara and eyeliner without leaving the traces of makeup. I went to Ulta and bought a travel size (6.50$ with taxes 0.5oz / 15ml).
OMG this stuff is HG! All my life I struggled with raccoon eyes in the mornings. Not fully raccoon, but some traces were always left, no matter how many products I've used to remove my eye makeup. My lashes were falling out from rubbing, but my makeup was staying on....
This balm:
- it removes my mascara and eyeliner trace free in 30 seconds;
- I don't need to rub it strong into my eyes, very gentle circular motion work perfectly;
- it doesn't leave a residue;
- doesn't dry out my skin;
- I don't need to use any other product to fully remove my makeup. I still go with my regular face wash all over the face afterward, and I use Clinique balm on my eyes only, since my face makeup is minimal.
- my eyes are very sensitive and I can use.

This stuff is amazing! try it you won't regret!
If you're planning to use it on your eyes only travel size is should be enough for 6 months before it will expire.

on 10/5/2017 8:52:00 AM

Takes off all my make up, including eye make up. My skin is soft afterwards but not oily. I used this when I wear the most make up, not the lighter days. I have many different make up removing soaps but this is in rotation for sure. It is expensive and I wonder if there is something cheaper that would be very similar but I don't regret buying it. I also am not crazy about dipping my hands into the jar but wash them beforehand, and dip fingers in only once!!!!

on 10/16/2017 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had to try this because of the hype around it - seemed like everyone else had tried it and so many have it as a favorite makeup remover. To me, this is not the best thing I've ever tried (which is the RealArt Perfect Cleansing Oil), but it works well.

This is a white balm with a texture very similar to coconut oil when it is in its non-liquid form. When you scoop some of this out, it also has the same consistency as coconut oil, and even smells similar, but weaker. When you rub this between your hands, it liquefies as it heats up. Then you just apply this n your dry face and rub it around till your makeup is dissolved, and then wash it off with water - it then turns into a milky substance, just as liquid oil cleansers. Then I always follow up with a foaming cleanser to remove the last traces of makeup and dirt

This is not my favorite cleanser because of the the jar packaging - I'm not into dipping my fingers in it twice, which is even worse if I already have dissolved makeup on my hands and suddenly notice that I used too little of the cleansing balm. I would like this to have a scooper-spoon or something, so I wouldn't need to dig around in it with my fingers. I would repurchase this, but only for the purpose of travel, when I want to have a cleanser with me that is not liquid. Otherwise, I prefer oil cleansers, and have already found one that is cheaper than Clinique's cleansers, which I find to be on the more expensive side. If I found another balm cleanser that was cheaper, I would probably buy that instead of the Clinique one

Otherwise, this does not aggravate my sensitive skin and doesn't dry me out

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is fantastic at removing all of my make up at night. I double cleanse with this, and everything is gone (sometimes I need to quickly wipe my eyes with a micellar water, but what is left is minimal). You hardly need to use any, so it lasts a long time and it isn't scented so it doesn't irritate my skin. I'm already on my second jar and will purchase again!

This thing is pricey if you see it just from the price point, BUT with the amount of product that you get and a little bit goes such a long way to clean stubborn yet wonderful makeup. No matter how many layers of products that I have on, cleaning it with this balm is such a joy. Usually I will be just putting 5 dots on my face and massage the balm thoroughly even to my eyes. Wipe it off with some tissue and as final check, I take a cotton pad and soak it in Bioderma Micellar Water. Then I wash my face, and voilaaaaa.... fresh face, ready for bed. Such an amazing product! I will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I don't know why i hate this so much. It has to be the consistency. It's like plunging my fingers into a tub of lard and spreading that over my face. After decades of having really oily skin that consistency just turns my stomach. I now have dry skin so that consistency should be soothing but it's just a visceral thing. This does remove makeup and it is bland and unscented but I much prefer cleansing oils or best yet a cleanser that could do the job in place of this. It is a good value and to all those who love the feeling of this enjoy but for me I can't go it.

on 8/30/2017 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this!! Perfect for travel. I've used the oil also and both work great. A little of this works great. Will last forever. I do a 8 step skin care routine so I use a gel cleanser right after this then an exfoliate.

on 8/30/2017 1:16:00 AM

on my 3rd jar of this and already have a 4th one aswell. amazing cleanser! takes away the most stubborn waterproof make up specially eye make up. I use a disposable mascara wand to get my waterproof mascara off if I know I layered it on multiple times.vwadh it off n ur skin is baby soft. I'm never using any other cleanser wish it was a bit cheaper!

Best makeup remover ever. You only need to massage a tiny bit onto your skin, and your makeup is ready to be washed off. It doesn't hurt my eyes, doesn't harm my lashes, and my skin feels so soft after using it. I definitely only use it for removing makeup though, and would definitely suggest a lighter cleanser if you're not wearing makeup.