Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.2

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have tried more expensive makeup removers and compared to Lancome, Estee Lauder, Chanel, this is affordable. If you are used to using drugstore this is expensive. I have sensitive skin and cleaners usually burn my face or I get acne from continuous use. I was using coconut oil to remove my makeup, it worked pretty good, but after continuous use, I did not like how my skin looked. I love coconut oil, but it really made my skin dull and flat, but it might be my fault. I would use solid coconut oil and rub into my skin and it would irritate my skin until it melted.

I love clinique moisture surge moisturizer and I heard of this product and had to try it. This is the first cleanser to completely remove my EL DW foundation, I was shocked! Any other cleanser, I would have to use a Olay daily wipe to remove excess. No need, this took off all face makeup! Incredible.

But, the only product that is still a struggle to remove is my waterproof gel eyeliner and mascara. It does remove it, but takes a bit more effort. But, i use to get mascara buildup on my lashes, not anymore. Just use a qtip under the eyes to get residue makeup off and rub over lashes to get any excess mascara off.

When you first look at the container it looks like Vaseline and coconut oil combined. There is a natural scent, but does not bother me. I was slightly confused on how to use it. Just dunk your fingers in and then massage into skin and makeup starts to dissolve off the face. This dissolves faster than coconut oil into skin and leaves skin much more soft than coconut oil.

I love this product. The container is pretty, but easy to contaminate it.

This leaves the skin so soft, that once I wanted to use it as a night treatment. This is not the purpose of the product. After 15 minutes, my skin started to burn.

This is wonderful product, but different, give it a chance.

on 5/12/2018 10:25:00 AM

I thought I would never be able to use a product like this as I break out so easily from using the wrong products (or a change in my routine, etc., etc.) so when I received a sample in my Clinique bonus I thought I'd just use it as eye makeup remover. That was a mistake for me as the next morning a had a big bump near my lash line so I put it in a drawer and forgot about it. Months later after starting Retin A and needing some TLC I decided to use this to remove my makeup (but NOT my eye makeup) gently rubbing on dry skin and wiped off with a wet baby wash cloth. I follow up with my regular foaming cleaner. I'm shocked this balm doesn't break me out as even some foaming cleansers do and it really doesn't even feel oily to me like a regular liquid oil does. Anyway, I'm really enjoying this product and I'll repurchase next time Clinique has a bonus.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is my HG cleansing balm. I’m on my 2nd jar already. I don’t really like the packaging as it’s unhygienic. But the product itself is absolutely fantastic.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have definitely used better cleansing balms. This was quite disappointing for me. The product doesn't really melt on your skin, it is clumpy and I spend some time trying to melt the small clumps onto my skin. The cleansing properties are not the best, eye makeup especially takes a 2nd cleanse to remove. it's not supposed to have scent. But . It smells terribly like chlorine and I dislike it. The price does not justify. Will not repurchase

Holy cow balls, this gooe is a dream come true!! And I thought I was finished with Clinique! Holy grail product for me, don’t think I will ever switch from this.

I read that many feel a film on their skin after washing it off - my tip is to use slightly warmer water! I have gotten that feeling once and it’s because you use very cold water. This solidify at cold temperatures! 😶

Goes on like coconut oil but a bit more slippery. Great for a lil face massage as skin won’t pull one bit. Removes everything and leaves my skin super duper soft, but most amazingly it leaves my eyes feeling great too! It doesn’t dry out the eyes in fact it feels great for my eyes! I suffer from dry eyes and this baby makes them moist for hours! I wake up and my eyes look brighter when I use this !! I am in love! 😭

I love that they use borage oil it’s premium for moisturizing and really high grade! Thumbs up Clinique!!

However could you put a damn peel inside the pot or at least put it in a little box? I am terrified that someone nasty have poked their fingers in the product!

This stuff is not very good. It doesn't take off my matte lipsticks! And if I wanted to use my fingers to rub my makeup off, I could just use coconut oil. And it would be better for my skin. This was a waste of $29!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product is my holy grail for removing waterproof or stubborn makeup. Seriously. I've never found another product that melts away waterproof mascara and eyeliner like this one.

I don't love the jar packaging, but given the almost-solid consistency at room temperature, I suppose there isn't really another way. I like someone else's suggestion of a stick format, but it's probably not solid enough for that.

I scoop a tiny bit of this with a clean finger and apply it directly to my eyelid or lashes and rub (very gently!). Then I soak a cotton pad with micellar water and gently wipe everything away. Magic! It doesn't burn or sting, even though I've definitely gotten some in my eye before.

It also lasts FOREVER. I got a deluxe sample from Sephora (15ml) 10 months ago and I'm only 3/4 through it. Granted, I only use it for the eye area, but I do use it every single day. I might start using this for the full face as part of a double cleanse since it's so good!

I love this. To get the same effect, I normally use an eye makeup remover, micellar water and a milk cleanser to get all my makeup off and wash my face. I picked this up at the airport because I wanted something compact that I could use to take off my makeup in my seat without needing water or an extra trip to the bathroom. I rubbed this all over my face and wiped it off with Ole Henriksen cleansing wipes, and my skin was completely clean and soft. Since then, I've been using this every night and i just love how soft my face feels. The only downside is that I don't love having to dip my hands into a jar to get the balm out. They should figure out a better packaging solution for makeup melting balms (ie. maybe a stick form). This saves a lot of time and products leaving your skin soft and hydrated, I really like this a lot.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this! I have combination sensitive and acne prone skin. this takes off the dirt and makeup completely. it leaves my skin moisturized and takes off waterproof mascara. it just leaves a residue or a white film when i clean my eyes using this so it's really hard to see cause of the blurry vision. just rinse it off right away and you'll be fine. my skin also adjusted to this for a wk. wish it comes with a spatula. highly recommended. here is my full review http://brushstrokesandlullabies.blogspot.com/2017/03/hg-cleanser.html

on 2/19/2018 4:14:00 PM

I fell down a rabbit hole of double cleansing and wanted something to precede my HG cetaphil and after reading a lot of reviews I decided on this. I began my new skincare routine by using this to remove makeup and then Cetaphil for the second cleanse, followed by Kiehl's alcohol free cucumber toner and Clinique's dramatically different moisturiser. This was the only new product added to my regimen.

My first impressions were somewhat positive, it removed my mascara (Benefit They're Real - notoriously hard to remove) easily and didn't burn my skin, however when I removed my mascara it left a greasy film over my eyes for about 10 minutes. The next time I used it I simply held the balm over my eyes to almost 'melt' it off as opposed to rubbing and this prevented the greasy film, so I was much happier. I carried on using this product for about 3 weeks until I noticed a build up of what I have since learned to be closed comedones all over my chin. I've never had a problem with CCs before, so this was new for me. As this was the only new addition to my routine I immediately stopped using it and have now been tackling my current CC problem ever since.

My makeup removing experience with this product was purely positive, I never had any remaining makeup on my cotton pad when toning, but the closed comedones really ruined my overall experience as clogged pores were not something I was hoping for. In hindsight, I may have been overly optimistic choosing an oily balm to remove makeup from my combination-oily skin.

The product itself is a thick balm (as it says on the tin) and I found myself having to swipe quite firmly to remove it from the container. It spreads quickly across the face and a little goes a long way. I understand that scents in skincare aren't necessarily a good thing, but this smells somewhat similar to grease so I personally would have preferred a slight, subtle scent to remind myself I wasn't slathering kitchen grease on my face!

In terms of packaging, I'm not a fan of having to scoop product out of a container, as this can be unhygienic (although if you wash your hands first it's never that much of a problem) and it's quite a bulky container, but it looks pretty on a bathroom shelf! The product itself is quite expensive but I imagine it will last a long time as only a small amount is actually required to thoroughly remove all makeup.

I would recommend this to people with drier skin and those that don't commonly have problems with clogged pores, but this isn't the cleanser for me, so purely due to me personal experience I have given 2 lipsticks.