Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.2

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

I really wanted to love this since I love oils on my skin..
I don't wear much make up, some blush, concealer and mascara. It's my first balm cleanser, I love how you use it and it takes off my make up really well. I rinse with water, and use a washcloth as well. I just don't like how my skin feels after using it. A weird combination of unclean and somewhat stripped/dry simultanously. I happened to have two huge pimples when I started using it, but now there's a collection of red small bumps as well. Not sure whether coincidence, or caused by the product...

I am on my third jar of this balm, spanning over two years. I find it very important to use it during winter, as I live in Northern Europe with very dry, cold weather. I also have rosacea that gets very angry and intense easily. I bought this from my search for something that would really cleanse my skin in a sensitive way and not strip oils and stuff.

Every evening I do a double cleanse, first I use this balm that I massage into my face. Then I use tepid water and rinse it off, then I spritz with Avene Thermal Water to neutralise, then I cleanse again with a cleansing cream from La Roche-Posay that I just swipe off. Then I neutralise again (or tone?) with the thermal water.

My face feels really clean and healthy after this routine, this balm really takes off all the products and pollution (and just daily life) and soothes my rosacea and makes my skin more stable regarding dryness vs very oily. Love it!

on 2/8/2017 11:15:00 AM

Did extensive research before settling on this. I'm from asia in a constantly hot and humid country and have acne prone skin thats combination (usually oily but dry from acne medication). Love it and have lost count as to which tub I am currently on. Looks like coconut oil at low temperature, but becomes a smooth creamy oil-like substance when rubbed in. Love that it melts away even my waterproof mascara and matte lipstick. Skin feels very soft after removing with no film or whatsoever, easily washable with warm water.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

After trying a sample from my Ulta Clinique counter I was instantly blown away by this cleanser. My face had drastically turned to dry this winter and my usual Purity was feeling a tad too drying on my skin. This is such a creamy, oily, wonderful cleansing balm that does NOT leave a trace of build up or oil on your skin. Your skin just feels soft and supple while feeling clean and fresh.
I bought this balm about a month and half ago and I'm now starting to feel as though I'm running out. Granted I wash my face twice a day, and sometimes I need to use it twice if I'm wearing a lot of makeup. That's the reason I took off a lippie is because I definitely need to use it twice to get everything off, especially eye makeup. A trick I found is I apply it to my eye makeup first, press my fingers on my lids to sort of let the balm "melt" the mascara and liner off, and then wipe around my face. This gives the balm time to work on the stubborn eye makeup while you're rubbing off the face makeup. I like that this creates a nice milky texture once you apply water to it, and when I go in for a second round the formula doesn't stray even though I'm using it wet.
Another gripe is it may be TOO oily for my skin. I feel as though I've broken out a tad since using it and since re-incorporating my Purity into my regimen I'm noticing less breakouts. Still it's a fabulous cleanser for getting super heavy makeup off and perfect for dry girls! Just might clog my pores a tad but I'm sure to use & buy this again!

my goddamn. holy grail.

after months of agonizing over if i should use a cleansing balm or not, then months of trying to choose one, i finally tried this one out and i'm spoiled. i'm totally spoiled. it's really hard for any other balm to live up to this (and one has, but i'll get on it at the end).

the thing i love the most about this balm is how it doesn't irritate my eyes. my eyes are sensitive as all hell (even getting water in them or whatever has me fumbling for the closest towel), so the fact this doesn't sting or irritate really has me super pumped. the texture of the balm itself is also really nice; it melts easily onto the skin, and dissolves makeup without too much effort. it also leaves the skin feeling soft and supple, so that's another plus.

my beef is the price, unfortunately. in my local currency (Malaysian Ringgit, MYR), i got it for MYR120. a few months later, it was bumped up to MYR135. and i was devastated! it was already such an investment to me, then it turns out it was even higher...? when my balm ran out, i was super upset, but until i have steadier income, i might not be coming back to this balm. thus...

so i've also been bit by the k-beauty bug. at this point, so is everyone and their grandmother. cool. a highly recommended balm is the Heimish All-Clean Balm and at almost half the price, it's become my new love.

i adore you Clinique...! it's just that my wallet doesn't!

on 1/24/2017 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Absolutely HG. I've been using this for years and nothing is as gentle and yet effective at taking face makeup off. It liquidizes nicely when gently rubbed into the face, taking sunscreen and foundation off with it. It NEVER dries out my skin which can be dry and peeling from Retin-A use. I don't find it suitable for removing eye makeup because it can get in the eyes and cause some stinging. I always use a bi-phase liquid remover for mascara and liner anyways because it's just so much quicker so I'm not bothered. This is a beautiful product that has been around for years and never got the attention in deserved on YouTube until he last year or so. For some reason I clicked on a video by Jeffrey Star and he's loving this balm. Who knew good old Clinique could come up on his radar??

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a good makeup remover but highly recommend that you follow up with a second cleanse as it feels rather thick and heavy and potentially pore clogging if you were to only use this product. It's fragrance-free and borderline waxy in texture but melts from your body heat, removes makeup satisfactorily and rinses off easily. For the price I think you would be just as satisfied using The Body Shop's Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Balm which is a fraction of the price or better yet, pure coconut oil. I purchased a small size of this (with a small mascara) to test out and love the container so once I'm done I will likely just re-fill with coconut oil for this purpose. I really can't complain about this product, it does do a good job, it's just a bit too expensive (like the It Cosmetics Bye-Bye Makeup 3-in-1 Makeup Melting Balm - which I happen to LOVE) for me to repurchase so I would recommend giving it a try if you are looking for a cleansing balm. One tip to share - re-use a small spatula to scoop out the product unless you don't mind getting this under your nails.

on 1/13/2017 11:55:00 AM

I've been meaning to try this for ages and finally got a good sized sample with a point perk. It REALLY takes everything off. My favorite oil cleanser is the Tatcha Cleansing Oil but this Cleansing Balm truly gets rid of all eye makeup. Plus it's far cheaper than Tatcha. My only complaint is that it feels more oily on the skin when removing than Tatcha, but I can definitely live with that. Definitely recommend this one.

This is my first cleansing balm. I have combo skin that is very breakout prone when introducing new products. Despite having combo skin, many cleansers severely dry out my skin until its painful.
I love this balm- it removes all my makeup and sunscreen, my mascara, everything! It rinses clean, even without a washcloth (though I usually use one after rinsing, for one final little scrub). I had one mascara (which I hated for many reasons) that this only partially removed but I feel that is unusual. I sometimes use micellar water afterwards and there is never anything on the cotton pad. I may not repurchase, only since I can't find in my area and would need to order online and might try to find something I can pick up locally. The tub has about 15% left, I've used this once a day, most days a week, for 6 months.

on 1/1/2017 1:20:00 PM

Great stuff. Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, takes absolutely everything off my face, and doesn't break me out. I rarely use this as I don't wear full foundation or heavy eye product most of the time - however, I always double cleanse after using this as it gives me blurry vision (strangely with no stinging), and then I'm good to go for the rest of my night routine.