Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.3

on 7/5/2016 3:58:00 PM

I have super sensitive skin and this made my eyes SO ITCHY. I used it to remove eye makeup and it was the only new thing in my routine but my eyes are still itchy a day later! Horrible for sensitive eyes.

on 6/12/2016 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I LOVE this product for removing makeup and sunscreen. I used to use coconut oil but I didn't like the thick oily feeling and that I would have to use a washcloth to get it off. This product rinses off with little to no effort with water and takes EVERYTHING with it! on heavy makeup days I use a separate eye makeup remover but on days I wear just mascara and a little liner I can use this and it takes it off just fine. (it does make your eyes blurry so contact lens users beware). I use a cleanser and my clarisonic after I rinse everything off and I've realized my brush head is COMPLETELY WHITE when I'm done! & no makeup residue on my cotton ball after toning. I've noticed since I've been using it my skin looks much more clear (less congested pores) and brighter. a little goes a VERY long way so it'll last long which is worth the price. only con is the tub is kind of annoying but deff not a deal breaker. I don't think I'll ever be without this product.

To Read all 547 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/27/2016 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am not a fan of this product. It did do a good job of removing all my makeup, including waterproof mascara, and sunscreen. However, I didn't like the thick film it left afterward. It also left a thick film on my eyelashes, irritated my eyes, and it was hard to remove with a second cleanser.

Additionally, I didn't like the way it made my skin feel. It was oily, but also slightly drying and caused some minor texture and clogging of pores. I'm guessing it's the coconut oil, which doesn't work for me. Overall, it felt weird, even after a second cleanse.

Additionally, my Derm told me to stop using this. She doesn't recommend this for any of her clients due to the poor ingredient list and potential irritants. She said there are ingredients which could cause irritation, breakouts, clogged pores, and other skin issues.

I do like the packaging and the amount of product you get for the price. I just wish the ingredient list was a bit better and it worked for my skin. If the ingredient list works for your skin, then it could be a good choice.

Me - Dry, dehydrated skin. Generally, no other skin issues.

Price - $29.00 USD for 3.8oz

Ingredients - Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am a huge fan of this cleansing balm, and most Clinique products in general. The reason I am so fond of this cleanser is because it removes every trace of makeup off my skin better than anything else I have ever tried while leaving a clean finish. I never use this as a stand-alone cleanser, this is strictly a makeup remover for me. I have very acne-prone, oily skin and I have found this balm to regulate my oil production. I also love that it's fragrance free. You do get a lot for your money, and I will continue to repurchase.

on 5/25/2016 7:58:00 AM

This was a complete and instant disaster for me. I started turning an angry red and breaking out in tiny white pimples virtually on contact. I really couldn't get it rinsed off fast enough. I'm sensitive and react badly to a lot of products, but this set a new record! I suspect Ethylhexyl Palmitate, a synthetic silicone substitute that apparently has high irritation potential.

However, it seems like it would work well to remove makeup, if you can use it.

on 5/25/2016 6:53:00 AM

Very good for removing makeup. Gentle, no fragance, leaves skin feeling nourished. It made my eyes slightly watery when trying to remove eyeliner from my waterline with a cottonbud.
You don't need much to remove a complete face of make up, so this will last a few months.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is not my favorite make up remover. I'm awarding it 3 lippies however because it works. My "holy grail" make up remover is Snow River Mineral Oil. Skincare board here on makeupalley introduced me to it. I have seen many raves for the Clinique TTDOCB so I figured I'd try it just to review, along with it's Equate dupe.

What I like about this product... in addition to having an oil to remove the MU, it also has emulsifiers. I love these because it helps the oil cover surface effortlessly. That in turn makes removing make up even easier. I don't have to stand around waiting for the oil to break down my foundation. I just apply this, splash with water, then wipe it all off with a damp paper towel. I see very little residue when I go to follow up with an actual cleanser...so I know it's working. Another big pro is that my face feels clean after using it. The emulsifiers allow oil to mix with water so I don't have a film left behind.

What I dislike about this product... I wish they picked a different oil than safflower. I'd much prefer a more acne-prone-friendly option. I told myself "it could be worse though, they could have chosen coconut oil". And then I realized caprylic/capric triglyceride was listed right after. That's a coconut derivative for those of you unfamiliar. Nothing breaks me out more than coconut-anything. So with all that being said... this product will break me out like a volcano if I don't follow up with a cleanser afterwards. And even then, I am very suspicious.

I like this product enough that it has inspired me to try adding emulsifier ingredients to my mineral oil. But I will not be repurchasing. I do not mind the price whatsoever, but I do mind the low-grade ingredient list. If your skin plays nicely with safflower oil and coconut derivatives go for it. If not, heed with caution.

on 5/13/2016 10:02:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This was my first cleansing balm and I fell in luv. I didn't think a balm was a good idea for my combo oily skin but it is very nice. I love the idea of applying it on a dry face and wiping it off with a warm face cloth...very easy and I can do it in bed and not at the sink. It removes all my makeup and doesn't irritate my eyes. The price seems high but it lasted 3 months. I have moved on to cleansing oils for the sake of trying new things.

The Sephora cleansing oil is very nice and lasts a long time. I'm using the L'oreal sublime radiance right now as I bought a few bottles on clearance. It's good and eye friendly but doesn't remove all my makeup like the others.

on 5/10/2016 1:24:00 PM

After using about 2 days
I noticed
Benefits
1/ really suitable for dry skin/clog prone skin d/t heavy make up
2/ remove heavy make up
3/ did not clog my pores compare to DHC or bioderma sensibio so no more white head no more acne
I think this the best make up removal for sensitive dry and clog prone skine like me

But a bit pricey Rm 127 in malaysia 2016

on 5/10/2016 9:34:00 AM

I didn't enjoy this cleanser that much. When I use it, I am always left with a feeling that there is an oily film on my face. It does remove all my make up, but I always have to use a toner or something to get rid of that greasy feeling. I have a normal skin, I'm just guessing this cleanser would work better for someone with dry skin.