Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.2

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

It isn't very often I wear heavy makeup but when I do, this is one of the best things in my collection to remove it with at the end of the night. I find it doesn't leave a film on my skin or break me out in any way. I've always been a sucker for Clinique's packaging and this one sits pretty on my bathroom shelf. It is quite a basic formulation, nothing too complex, plus it benefits from the addition of Tocopherol (Vit E) as a bonus. Will re-purchase.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I'm constantly trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample/trial sizes from e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation/Anti-Ageing: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Removes makeup very easily! Great packaging tho!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Nice... I like how this liquifies quickly, wipes off easily, removes all of my makeup and best of all doesn’t leave behind a greasy residue like old school makeup removers. It’s very pricey but I’ve seen so many recommendations from MUAers for this as the best of the best and a little really does go a long way. Since I’m currently using all Clinique as my skin care I follow up with face wash and I never find any makeup residue left behind. The only other makeup remover I’ve used that can be compared to this is Albolene and even though my skin is dry, I don’t like the after feel of it, maybe I will like it more in the winter but right now it’s summer time and I actually feel like a grease ball after.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have sensitive skin. It gets red and irritated easily as well as flaky and swollen due to dryness. My face will freak if you put something harsh enough on there. I LOVE this stuff. I got a travel size of it for $9.50 and it's definitely worth every penny. It's gently yet aggressive. I was wearing the waterproof better than sex mascara and after letting it sit and soak for about a minuet it just melted away. No harsh rubbing, no irritating fragrance, no breakouts. I'm definitely buying the full size when I run out. I do recommend using a spatula to scoop out product though for sanitary reasons. If you get a spot of makeup in there it'll break down and spread and ruin your product.

on 7/6/2018 6:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Removes makeup well, without tugging. However, compared to Biore's Makeup Remover Perfect Oil (a product I discovered on my Asia trip last summer), this:
- doesn't remove makeup as well, especially eye makeup;
- leaves my skin too dry;
- is more expensive.

Also, I found Biore's cleanser more convenient: the pump allows for faster dispensing of the product, while with Clinique there is the lid, which also tends to collect dust and water stains (yes, I have the tiniest bathroom cupboard which does not have enough space for Clinique's container).

This was not a bad product, per se - but why pay more when Biore's Perfect Oil cleans better, you need less product, is cheaper and leaves my skin soooo soft, supple and glowing after use, while Clinique's version leaves my skin dry and lifeless? Hence only 3 stars for TTDO; 5 for Biore's "perfect oil"!

on 7/1/2018 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Wasn't crazy about this, good old-fashioned cold cream does a better job and doesn't irritate my skin like this product

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Decent non-fragrant cleansing balm that effortlessly removes my waterproof sunblock. I find that warm water isn't sufficient to remove the slight film it leaves behind on my skin, but a quick wipe down with a wet washcloth does the trick. Wouldn't repurchase since it breaks me out even after double cleansing. I guess my skin just doesn't agree with safflower oil.

on 6/21/2018 5:27:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've been testing this with my Clinique Take It All Off Duo and it has rinsed the mascara very quick and easy. Loved it.

on 5/23/2018 11:58:00 AM

TOAL HG!! I've been using this for 2 years straight, every single night. It is the BEST makeup remover ever and it is THE reason I'm even willing to wear waterproof mascara, eyeshadow, & foundation daily. Apply, massage, and rinse-- you're done! I don't even use a secondary cleanser after this. Don't let the oily texture put you off. This is completely 100% clean-rinsing, and it's fine for oily skin.

I have found that it's CRITICAL that you apply this to your DRY face with DRY hands. DO NOT ADD WATER to hands or face until you have rubbed the product all over your face and all of your makeup has dissolved! Once you add water, the product emulsifies completely in preparation for being rinsed away-- and it loses its ability to dissolve makeup.

I use about a tablespoon-sized scoop, warm it between my palms, and massage all over my face (it feels good!). If you use waterproof eye makeup you'll need to do a bit more massaging around your eye area. But typically it takes me 20 seconds or less to dissolve all the makeup on my face. My skin feels soft and clean afterwards. Love this stuff to death!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have tried more expensive makeup removers and compared to Lancome, Estee Lauder, Chanel, this is affordable. If you are used to using drugstore this is expensive. I have sensitive skin and cleaners usually burn my face or I get acne from continuous use. I was using coconut oil to remove my makeup, it worked pretty good, but after continuous use, I did not like how my skin looked. I love coconut oil, but it really made my skin dull and flat, but it might be my fault. I would use solid coconut oil and rub into my skin and it would irritate my skin until it melted.

I love clinique moisture surge moisturizer and I heard of this product and had to try it. This is the first cleanser to completely remove my EL DW foundation, I was shocked! Any other cleanser, I would have to use a Olay daily wipe to remove excess. No need, this took off all face makeup! Incredible.

But, the only product that is still a struggle to remove is my waterproof gel eyeliner and mascara. It does remove it, but takes a bit more effort. But, i use to get mascara buildup on my lashes, not anymore. Just use a qtip under the eyes to get residue makeup off and rub over lashes to get any excess mascara off.

When you first look at the container it looks like Vaseline and coconut oil combined. There is a natural scent, but does not bother me. I was slightly confused on how to use it. Just dunk your fingers in and then massage into skin and makeup starts to dissolve off the face. This dissolves faster than coconut oil into skin and leaves skin much more soft than coconut oil.

I love this product. The container is pretty, but easy to contaminate it.

This leaves the skin so soft, that once I wanted to use it as a night treatment. This is not the purpose of the product. After 15 minutes, my skin started to burn.

This is wonderful product, but different, give it a chance.