CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.2

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

on 11/16/2018 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've tried this when I've gotten sample jars of it in GWPs. I did not care for it, although, I've yet to find any of the take the day off's that I've really loved, this one being the least.

The balm is intended to be used dry and rubbed dry onto a makeup-wearing face. This will emulsify into a thinner oil and remove makeup in the process of rubbing it into your skin. I found that it rinsed away decently enough, but it left the most disorienting film across your eyes that makes everything blurry. It doesn't burn (thankfully) but I did not care for it. It removed most of my makeup without excessive rubbing. I do not believe this caused any breakouts.

I did not care for the product at this price being in a jar as it is easy to scoop out far more than you need, and you can't really put the balm back into the jar afterwards (you can, but it would look rather disgusting).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this to remove my makeup and then follow with a lather& rinse product (right now, Purity Made Simple). This balm melts makeup off my face—and i wear a lot of makeup. Even stage makeup would be no match for this. I could see drier skins really loving this, and all skins loving this in the wintertime. I agree with others that a spatula should be included with this. I am not sure if i would repurchase—only because my personal preference for products that lather & rinse away.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

If you're looking for something that really takes off waterproof eyeliner and mascara, this is the product for you. A little goes a long way with this one in that just a small dab warmed up between your fingers will easily start to break down your makeup. The reason for my 3-star review is that the jar does not come with something to scoop out the balm. Once you've started rubbing your fingers on your makeup you don't want to put your dirty fingers back in for more if you need it. So I end up using both hands, getting them both full of makeup as I touch the faucet handles and try to put the top of the jar back on. I know, I'm probably weird and don't have to do this, it's just routine. Second, I'm not sure if others have noticed but this leaves a film in my eyes! Whether I have contacts in or not, it gets blurry sometimes and I have to be careful to wash it out.

on 10/27/2018 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

So, this works really well for me. I tried cleansing oils, and micellar waters to do an initial cleanse to remove makeup. None of them stopped the breakouts I was experiencing after using my favorite foundations. This melts into my skin and dissolves my foundation and eye makeup without having to rub too hard. It rinses off cleanly and leaves my skin soft. I follow up with my Cetaphil cleanser. I need just a little bit to take off all my makeup. I wish there was a more hygienic way to get this out of the tub. I dislike having to stick my fingers into it. Perhaps a small spatula would help. Even so, a really great product!

I just finished a jar of this balm and I have to say that I'm a fan. I've heard so many people raved about this and I understand why.

This cleansing balm really takes off all of your makeup; including stubborn waterproof products. It's gentle and easy to wiped off as well. It's definitely one of the best makeup cleanser in the market.

on 10/19/2018 3:15:00 PM

I really like this balm, it removes well the makeup (but I have to say that I don't wear heavy makeup) and the skin is not dry after applying it. Also, a small amount is enough to clean all the face. In my case, it did not cause any irritation, even in the eye area.
However, the packages are only of 125 ml and the best before date is only 6 months. I can't even use half of a package in 6 months so I don't buy it frequently, unfortunately. I would buy it frequently if Clinique launched smaller packages of 50ml, for example.

on 10/19/2018 5:27:00 AM

I have very dry, (and currently) irritated skin. All my usual face products were making my skin sting so a friend recommended this. It has no scent (yay) and is extremely effective in removing all my makeup and sunscreen. I use it on dry skin and a little goes a long way. As with all balm cleansers it takes a bit of massaging to break down all the makeup and mascara, but it leaves my face feeling comfortable and totally clean. I wash it off with warm water and a washcloth. Way too pricey but otherwise a very nice product. I also tried the popular Elemis balm, and that was so scented it made my face sting like crazy and irritated my eyes.

on 10/15/2018 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This product gave me a terrible contact dermatitis. It contains potentially harmful irritants when used on or around eyes and skin.
Returning.
No I do not recommend this product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This unassuming balm does an impressive job removing even stubborn waterproof make up. It is gentle and effectively dissolves make up. Any remaining specks or make up can then be easily wiped off with a warm, wet wash cloth. My fave is left perfectly clean.

The cons - it’s a little firmer than I would like. Although it does melt quickly, for the first few seconds it’s chunky enough that a clump could fall off your face and in the drain. It’s also expensive considering how much you need to use to get the job done (about a teaspoon and a half). Lastly, you wouldn’t expect this with a greasy cleansing balm but for me it’s actually a little drying.

Il fait littéralement fondre votre maquillage, il enlève tout, peu importe qu'il soit 24h ou imperméable.
C'est si doux, nettoyant, hydratant et tout simplement fantastique, mais un peu va un long chemin, il dure pour toujours.
Une autre bonne chose est l'emballage, pas de déversements et la perfection pour voyager.