CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.2

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Works really great.. very gentle on my sensitive eyes ..takes all makeup off but Still have to follow with my purity cleanser to get fully clean face

on 9/23/2018 3:50:00 PM

This product gets all of my makeup off, and my skin doesn't feel greasy afterwards. I warm it up in my fingers, and gently rub my lashes, my brows, and my cheeks, and wash off with another cleanser. It gets the mascara off my lashes. and I like that it doesn't irritate my eyes.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This product took a long time for me to buy because:
1. it's expensive ($39 CAD)
2. I have more than enough makeup cleansers.

However, I am done rubbing my makeup off with cotton pad, it's never as precise as my milk/cleansers that I can get into my lashes with, and I prefer makeup removal done in one fell swoop. That doesn't necessarily mean one product, but it means that when I leave my sink, I started with a full face and left with a bare one. My lashes are naturally light and it's really easy to tell when my makeup remover hasn't done its job, and for me, thorough eye makeup removal is so important.

I can confirm that this product alone gets all of my makeup off, and my skin doesn't feel greasy or "undone" afterwards. Personally, I warm it up in my fingers, and gently rub my lashes, my brows, and my cheeks, and wash off with another cleanser afterwards. It gets the black mascara off my light lashes, no problem, and I like that it doesn't irritate my eyes, I can still open them to see how the removal process is going. I typically need 1/2 a tablespoon of product it seems (sounds weird, not sure else what to compare it to, LOL) for my entire face if I've worn full makeup that day.

If you have difficulty removing makeup, wear a lot of makeup, or are lazy with the removal process altogether, I would definitely recommend this product. The price tag can be a shock but for the ease of use, it's completely worth it. Just simply grab a little bit, massage your lashes and face, and your makeup is done for. And I'm sure this jar will last me the better part of a year at this rate.

on 9/10/2018 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this stuff! While I usually stick to micellar water for makeup removal, sometimes that isn't quite up to snuff against pesky waterproof mascara or days when I've really indulged in a ~full face. This balm has a pleasant texture, and you don't need very much at all to really get every single fleck of makeup off. No smells, no irritation. I appreciate the fact that I can open my eyes mid-smear to check and see if everything seems like it is sliding off. I am never a big fan of beauty products in pots, it just doesn't feel super clean to me (and, on a personal note, I keep my nail long, so it is a pain to try and avoid ending up with balm crescents under my nails and wasted product), but I understand that this texture wouldn't really suit a pump. All in all, I definitely would recommend this product, and will be buying it again.

on 8/17/2018 7:40:00 AM

Have already repurchased this item as a backup. I use it as my first cleanse. It’s gentle and removes makeup easily (I use a moderate amt of makeup). No harsh smell.
The ONLY suggestion I would make to people using this is don’t share with others. In order to use this product you put your finger tips onto the tub. If you share this product you may be allowing introduction of bacteria from other fingers. If you decide to share, use something to scoop out the product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Love this stuff. As someone with pretty heavy acne scarring, I tend to use fuller coverage foundations...and we all know how tenacious that kind of foundation can be. I always double cleanse using this followed by Klavuu Pure Pearlsation Cleansing Foam for my water-based cleanser to remove all traces of makeup before applying any other skincare products. I have rebought and probably will continue to rebuy. Removes heavy makeup well. You may like to pair it with a washcloth to make sure it all gets off. Not a fan of the open tub but I can deal with the packaging.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It isn't very often I wear heavy makeup but when I do, this is one of the best things in my collection to remove it with at the end of the night. I find it doesn't leave a film on my skin or break me out in any way. I've always been a sucker for Clinique's packaging and this one sits pretty on my bathroom shelf. It is quite a basic formulation, nothing too complex, plus it benefits from the addition of Tocopherol (Vit E) as a bonus. Will re-purchase.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I'm constantly trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample/trial sizes from e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation/Anti-Ageing: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Removes makeup very easily! Great packaging tho!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Nice... I like how this liquifies quickly, rinses off easily, removes all of my makeup and best of all doesn’t leave behind a greasy residue like old school makeup removers. It’s very pricey but I’ve seen so many recommendations from MUAers for this as the best of the best - which it is - and a little really does go a long way. Since I’m currently using all Clinique as my skin care, I follow up with face wash and I never find any makeup residue left behind.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have sensitive skin. It gets red and irritated easily as well as flaky and swollen due to dryness. My face will freak if you put something harsh enough on there. I LOVE this stuff. I got a travel size of it for $9.50 and it's definitely worth every penny. It's gently yet aggressive. I was wearing the waterproof better than sex mascara and after letting it sit and soak for about a minuet it just melted away. No harsh rubbing, no irritating fragrance, no breakouts. I'm definitely buying the full size when I run out. I do recommend using a spatula to scoop out product though for sanitary reasons. If you get a spot of makeup in there it'll break down and spread and ruin your product.