Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.2

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

on 2/19/2018 4:14:00 PM

I fell down a rabbit hole of double cleansing and wanted something to precede my HG cetaphil and after reading a lot of reviews I decided on this. I began my new skincare routine by using this to remove makeup and then Cetaphil for the second cleanse, followed by Kiehl's alcohol free cucumber toner and Clinique's dramatically different moisturiser. This was the only new product added to my regimen.

My first impressions were somewhat positive, it removed my mascara (Benefit They're Real - notoriously hard to remove) easily and didn't burn my skin, however when I removed my mascara it left a greasy film over my eyes for about 10 minutes. The next time I used it I simply held the balm over my eyes to almost 'melt' it off as opposed to rubbing and this prevented the greasy film, so I was much happier. I carried on using this product for about 3 weeks until I noticed a build up of what I have since learned to be closed comedones all over my chin. I've never had a problem with CCs before, so this was new for me. As this was the only new addition to my routine I immediately stopped using it and have now been tackling my current CC problem ever since.

My makeup removing experience with this product was purely positive, I never had any remaining makeup on my cotton pad when toning, but the closed comedones really ruined my overall experience as clogged pores were not something I was hoping for. In hindsight, I may have been overly optimistic choosing an oily balm to remove makeup from my combination-oily skin.

The product itself is a thick balm (as it says on the tin) and I found myself having to swipe quite firmly to remove it from the container. It spreads quickly across the face and a little goes a long way. I understand that scents in skincare aren't necessarily a good thing, but this smells somewhat similar to grease so I personally would have preferred a slight, subtle scent to remind myself I wasn't slathering kitchen grease on my face!

In terms of packaging, I'm not a fan of having to scoop product out of a container, as this can be unhygienic (although if you wash your hands first it's never that much of a problem) and it's quite a bulky container, but it looks pretty on a bathroom shelf! The product itself is quite expensive but I imagine it will last a long time as only a small amount is actually required to thoroughly remove all makeup.

I would recommend this to people with drier skin and those that don't commonly have problems with clogged pores, but this isn't the cleanser for me, so purely due to me personal experience I have given 2 lipsticks.

on 2/15/2018 4:08:00 PM

Absolutely love it. Have tried many and always end up returning to this one. Have very sensitive skin and this removes all make up without drying it out or being too aggressive.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received a sample of this. I have tried cleansing balms in the past but have given up on them since although they work wonderfully to remove makeup, they always leave a film over my eyeballs that makes me see blurry. Sadly this Clinique one also caused this issue. It also didn't remove all traces of makeup. I still had to go in with my eye makeup remover with a Q-Tip afterwards to remove my mascara. Overall, wouldn't purchase.

Really broke out my chin :( I already know my chin can't handle oils of any kind but wanted to keep faith cause this takes off makeup so easily. Didn't work for me.

on 1/11/2018 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

So a bit of background, I have super sensitive, dry/combination skin, acne prone skin. I know from trial and error that i seem to be sensitive to dimethicone among other things. I can't use most products without getting itchy little angry bumps across my forehead and cheeks, but not with this. This product is so neutral and it does the job. I wear heavy makeup daily and this usually cleanse with this before i go in with Kiehl's cucumber herbal conditioning cleanser, but even without the second cleanse, all my makeup is gone after one wash. The only thing I don't like about this is that it comes in a pot and I have to dip my finger in it. I suppose the balm is too thick for a pump anyway. I've used this a little over two weeks now and haven't had a single breakout nor does my skin tingle after use like it usually does when my face doesn't like a product. It's pretty amazing

Ingredients:
Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, PEG-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water / Aqua / Eau, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol.

on 12/29/2017 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I heard so many good things about this product, including from those who have Rosacea, which I have mildly, as well as seborrheic dermatitis; that makes my skin dry, flaky, easily dehydrated, & sensitive.

So, I decided to use a commercial product after decades of using the OCM, specifically the "dry OCM" (no water) in recent years. Despite being a balm cleanser that turns to an oil, it left my skin drier than I started.

I'll point out my skin does not like anything that emulsifies, foams, or otherwise removes precious oils & hydration (that includes plain water). I knew going in TTDO turned into a milky emulsion with water, but I had hoped it would be gentle enough, as well as give me a thorough cleanse to remove SD flakes. Unfortunately though, it just flared up the SD in my eyebrows, & the oils in TTDO did not compensate for the water needed to remove it (whether by rinsing, or using a wet washcloth).

My mom also tried it, & her skin is more resilient than mine. She didn't like it either, so back to the store it went. I'm giving it 2 lippies only because I know it has worked for a lot of people, it just wasn't for me.

on 12/24/2017 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I was using the Colleen Rothschild cleansing balm. And while I love it, it cost me a crap load to have it shipped over from the states to Canada not to mention the price tag. So I realized I needed to find another one and fast. I decided to check Beautypedia and found this so I bought it! This stuff is amazing. Doesn't leave my face greasy, cleans off ALL my makeup including waterproof mascara. Yes at times it might leave a small residue of mascara behind, but I always go in with my facial cleanser right after using this. It has no smell which is great and for a big jar at $38 it is priced right. I can't really complain for the amount of product and how well it works. I do really recommend this product if you are looking for a cleansing balm at the right price!

It is just amaaaaaaaaaaazing, it removes makeup so so well and it is not oily. Will definitely purchase again.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Oh my god...YES. I have been meaning to pick this up for a while now and could not be happier. I read the other reviews saying that it really does the job, but I was still skeptical. I have tried everything and although some things are good, there is always some trace of eyeliner left (I do love a good tight-liner! but it's brutal to take off)...but not with this! I am seriously amazed. I work this into my face for maybe 60 seconds? Rinse it off, and no trace of eye makeup is left, and my face is completely makeup free. I follow it up with my favourite winter cleanser by La Roche-Posay (Toleriane), and my face feels perfectly cleansed. I am seriously thrilled and this is my new makeup remover. Hats off to Clinique...they nailed it.

This is one of my HG cleansers. This balm takes off all my makeup, is gentle on my eyes - even when I scrub it into my lashes, and has been very calming to my red/sensitive skin. It also has a great consistency for face massages.