CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.2

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

on 2/8/2019 2:44:00 AM

Takes off all my make-up without any irritation. I do use a cleanser afterward to get all the balm off.

on 12/5/2018 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I’ve always known to double cleanse, years before Micellar Water and stuff was invented. Intuitive!!!! It just makes sense if wearing all this crap (not even eye — face: spf is hard to remove, add some maybe long wear foundation/concealer to that, and your hopefully mild pH balanced cleanser ain’t gonna get the job done). My actual first time w using an oil was some 8-ish years ago I don’t even know if still exists — it was a cleansing oil by Nude. So then I tried everything from wipes (irritating & drying) to balms to reg oils to designated cleansing oils to the micellar waters (bleh I needs me some grease). I like a balm or oil cuz I have dry skin and I like how it breaks down ALLLL.

Anyways I used Clinique >20 years ago... I just started to enjoy some (very limited admittedly) products again at 39 and this is #1 of those — dare I say it’s my abso fave HG first cleanse?! After allllll I’ve tried which is like literary every single one?! Idk what it is... I love it so so much. I love the look of it, reaching into jar, scooping the stuff out (ESPECIALLY a brand new one! Up there w breaking a creme brûlée!) and emulsifying the balm to a thick oil that takes. Off. EVERYTHING!!! It never ever burns me, even if I’ve been overzealous with acid exfoliation or tret.... soothing always. No scent. It’s a very very effective yet enjoyable (in a sensory way, for me anyway) remover of all things. My 2 HG regular 2nd (or am alone) cleansers are Clinique EXTRA mild (pH of 5 correct me if I’m wrong), and the way less spendy (and weirdly in body wash aisle at least at my rite aid) Eucerin pH5 for face and body. Idc about pH of my body cleanser as I only (in cold weather) wash my dry limbs occasionally or I am a scaly lizard. Maybe some dry brushing and heavy moisture. I use more deodorizing washes for my ‘parts’ that get a thorough washing 2/day. You know what I’m referring to don’t make me say it. Hands constantly washed (APPLY & REAPPLY SPF if u do all your actives on your French Face like me). Face well I think we know I’m one of the skincare obsessed so...

If u break out I do not know what to tell you, they’ll always give a sample!! I do anti-aging skincare only. If you’re not double cleansing at night yet, get with the progrum, would ya? Even if ya don’t wear makeup... I KNOW youre ALL using spf 365 so get that shite off! I’ve bought many and will continue!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this to remove my makeup and then follow with a lather& rinse product (right now, Purity Made Simple). This balm melts makeup off my face—and i wear a lot of makeup. Even stage makeup would be no match for this. I could see drier skins really loving this, and all skins loving this in the wintertime. I agree with others that a spatula should be included with this. I am not sure if i would repurchase—only because my personal preference for products that lather & rinse away.

on 10/27/2018 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

So, this works really well for me. I tried cleansing oils, and micellar waters to do an initial cleanse to remove makeup. None of them stopped the breakouts I was experiencing after using my favorite foundations. This melts into my skin and dissolves my foundation and eye makeup without having to rub too hard. It rinses off cleanly and leaves my skin soft. I follow up with my Cetaphil cleanser. I need just a little bit to take off all my makeup. I wish there was a more hygienic way to get this out of the tub. I dislike having to stick my fingers into it. Perhaps a small spatula would help. Even so, a really great product!

on 10/19/2018 5:27:00 AM

I have very dry, (and currently) irritated skin. All my usual face products were making my skin sting so a friend recommended this. It has no scent (yay) and is extremely effective in removing all my makeup and sunscreen. I use it on dry skin and a little goes a long way. As with all balm cleansers it takes a bit of massaging to break down all the makeup and mascara, but it leaves my face feeling comfortable and totally clean. I wash it off with warm water and a washcloth. Way too pricey but otherwise a very nice product. I also tried the popular Elemis balm, and that was so scented it made my face sting like crazy and irritated my eyes.

Il fait littéralement fondre votre maquillage, il enlève tout, peu importe qu'il soit 24h ou imperméable.
C'est si doux, nettoyant, hydratant et tout simplement fantastique, mais un peu va un long chemin, il dure pour toujours.
Une autre bonne chose est l'emballage, pas de déversements et la perfection pour voyager.

on 9/23/2018 3:50:00 PM

This product gets all of my makeup off, and my skin doesn't feel greasy afterwards. I warm it up in my fingers, and gently rub my lashes, my brows, and my cheeks, and wash off with another cleanser. It gets the mascara off my lashes. and I like that it doesn't irritate my eyes.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This product took a long time for me to buy because:
1. it's expensive ($39 CAD)
2. I have more than enough makeup cleansers.

However, I am done rubbing my makeup off with cotton pad, it's never as precise as my milk/cleansers that I can get into my lashes with, and I prefer makeup removal done in one fell swoop. That doesn't necessarily mean one product, but it means that when I leave my sink, I started with a full face and left with a bare one. My lashes are naturally light and it's really easy to tell when my makeup remover hasn't done its job, and for me, thorough eye makeup removal is so important.

I can confirm that this product alone gets all of my makeup off, and my skin doesn't feel greasy or "undone" afterwards. Personally, I warm it up in my fingers, and gently rub my lashes, my brows, and my cheeks, and wash off with another cleanser afterwards. It gets the black mascara off my light lashes, no problem, and I like that it doesn't irritate my eyes, I can still open them to see how the removal process is going. I typically need 1/2 a tablespoon of product it seems (sounds weird, not sure else what to compare it to, LOL) for my entire face if I've worn full makeup that day.

If you have difficulty removing makeup, wear a lot of makeup, or are lazy with the removal process altogether, I would definitely recommend this product. The price tag can be a shock but for the ease of use, it's completely worth it. Just simply grab a little bit, massage your lashes and face, and your makeup is done for. And I'm sure this jar will last me the better part of a year at this rate.

on 9/10/2018 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this stuff! While I usually stick to micellar water for makeup removal, sometimes that isn't quite up to snuff against pesky waterproof mascara or days when I've really indulged in a ~full face. This balm has a pleasant texture, and you don't need very much at all to really get every single fleck of makeup off. No smells, no irritation. I appreciate the fact that I can open my eyes mid-smear to check and see if everything seems like it is sliding off. I am never a big fan of beauty products in pots, it just doesn't feel super clean to me (and, on a personal note, I keep my nail long, so it is a pain to try and avoid ending up with balm crescents under my nails and wasted product), but I understand that this texture wouldn't really suit a pump. All in all, I definitely would recommend this product, and will be buying it again.

on 8/17/2018 7:40:00 AM

Have already repurchased this item as a backup. I use it as my first cleanse. It’s gentle and removes makeup easily (I use a moderate amt of makeup). No harsh smell.
The ONLY suggestion I would make to people using this is don’t share with others. In order to use this product you put your finger tips onto the tub. If you share this product you may be allowing introduction of bacteria from other fingers. If you decide to share, use something to scoop out the product.