CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.2

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

on 11/23/2018 10:46:00 PM

I am a Clinique girl. Love their cosmetics and skincare. This product however was a big disaster. It really irritates my eyes. My eyes hate this product. Also my skin breaks out in tiny little bumps when I use it. It’s a big pass for me. I prefer take the day off lids lashes and lips for my eye makeup remover and the pink rinse off foaming cleanser for my face makeup remover.

on 10/15/2018 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This product gave me a terrible contact dermatitis. It contains potentially harmful irritants when used on or around eyes and skin.
Returning.
No I do not recommend this product.

on 7/1/2018 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Wasn't crazy about this, good old-fashioned cold cream does a better job and doesn't irritate my skin like this product

on 11/22/2017 12:25:00 AM

Bought this based on the reviews and seemed like a simple cleansing process. Also I cant use a foaming cleanser so I hoped that this would not cause redness and rashes. I agree it does remove makeup with ease.

Well after a month of use I now have clogged pores and a few cystic acne patches. Its going to take a while to get rid of this congestion on my skin :( Not for ance prone skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I added this to my routine as a makeup remover before my usual cleanser. It did work well and I found it pleasant enough to use. Sadly, after a few days, it gave me cystic acne. While I do get the occasional hormonal spot, I never sprout multiple cysts at once like I did when I tried TTDO.

Be careful if you're remotely acne prone. Try a sample if possible and patch test before you slather this over your entire face.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

For reference, I have mild rosacea, dry cheeks and normal skin not prone to breakouts.

It's been about 12 hours since I used this for the first time and my cheeks are still splotchy and tingly. This removed my makeup and cleaned my face beautifully with no dry/tight feel after, I actually enjoyed the experience, not at all greasy and my face felt super soft thereafter. However, I immediately noticed redness and thought it was maybe from rubbing but it never went away. I usually love Clinique products but this one just isn't for me. I don't want to even imagine what my face will look like if I try this again. Back to the store it goes.

on 5/17/2017 4:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My skin type: oily/combination with occasional breakout, tolerates most products well

My overall opinion of this product: absolute disaster

Ladies, if you have even the slightest hint of skin congestion, I would strongly recommend that you do not purchase this product.

I can use most serum/moisturisers/balms/lotions without issue, but after a week of using this every night before cleansing I had four Mt-Everest-sized pimples on my cheeks, despite using a thorough cleanser afterwards for 'residue'.

There are so many other products that will remove your makeup AND keep your skin clear (i.e. Clarins cleansing oil).

Don't waste your time or money with this one!

on 5/14/2017 4:09:00 PM

Thank God they brought this back!

on 4/30/2017 11:04:00 AM

Ok, my first review in I don't know how many years, this is how much this product has wrecked my skin.

My skin has been mostly ok with a basic routine of LRP and Avene products, a Skinceuticals sunscreen and retinaldehyde as an anti-aging/acne treatment, but I was never too happy about the performance of my cleansers and since the sunscreen is partly physical I thought I needed something stronger to remove it.

After a constant mantra and barrage of "double cleansing" and "you need oil to remove sunscreen" on the SCB and a number of beauty blogs I got suckered in by all the raves from people with sensitive and dry skin for this and somehow ignored all the one star reviews that had their skin utterly destroyed by this cleanser. I really wanted this product to work and to believe that I had found the magic cleanser, one that was completely non-irritating yet effective in removing any trace of sunscreen and make-up and yet non-sensitizing and able to keep my complexion crystal clear, if I used it as part of a double cleansing routine.

So unlike I would usually do, I didn't get a sample first, but greedily ordered this online and ignored the redness, unevenness and dehydration after the first use but finally threw in the towel (literally) after three attempts with this. My skin is completely dehydrated and blotchy from irritation now and in the worst condition it has been in years, I'm guessing it's Avene to the rescue.

I did use it correctly and did follow up with a cleanser I knew didn't irritate me, but even that cleanser stung when I applied it after rinsing the TTDO balm which it never did before, guess my skin barrier was already compromised.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I wanted to love this. I wanted it to live up to the hype. After my experience, I don't get the hype, at all.

This stuff doesn't remove makeup efficiently. I'm talking light makeup, Nars TM with a light dusting of powder, not greasepaint. I needed to apply it, work it in, and rinse TWICE to get this to remove all my facial makeup. Then to top it off, it left my skin feeling a bit stripped, yet also covered with a film. It's a balm-- it comes out of the jar in clumps which have to be melted onto skin then spread around. So awkward!

I did try it for eye makeup and it was subpar -- tho to be fair, I use a separate bi-phase eye makeup remover because you simply can't beat those for removing eye m/u -- nothing compares to them. So my low rating for this really has nothing to do with the fact that it didn't remove my eye m/u well.

UNSANITARY: Because this comes in a jar, it's unsanitary as well. Probably the most disgusting aspect, was that eventually this became discolored with what I think was MOLD. I suspect this was a result of me having to dip back into it a second time with a damp hand, since this product does not cleanse thoroughly in one pass. Good grief! As much as I dislike Noxzema cleanser in a jar, at least that didn't grow mold.

Also, as others reported, I did get an increase in acne while I was using this. I don't know if it was caused by ingredients, or if it was perhaps a result of the unsanitary packaging.

Bottom line: Awkward, inefficient, unsanitary, expensive. Because you need to do two passes to get your face clean with this, you need to use more product, rendering it even more expensive. I cannot recommend this to anyone in good conscience. Instead I would recommend Boscia Makeup-Breakup cleansing oil. Though it too is expensive, it is FAR superior and comes in a sanitary pump.