CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.2

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

on 10/18/2005 10:30:00 PM

This is a new makeup remover from Clinique. I have always hated having to use separate cleansers for eye makeup and then the rest of my face. This balm removes that problem. I just take this with dry hands and rub some all over my dry face (a little wierd at first because I am so used to using water). Then you just rinse it off and it takes away all makeup--including mascara. The balm does feel a little greasy when you put it on your face at first, but after rubbing it in and rinsing I think it makes your skin feel very nice and clean and even soft! The tub is very large which is good for the price but a little akward to use. Overall a good makeup remover that I would repurchase.

on 10/19/2005 9:14:00 AM

I like this cleansing balm. Take a tiny amountp in your hand and apply to your face. It melts as it emulsifies your makeup. then, rinse it away. Skin feels soft. Supposed to work well on products with SPF. No scent which I consider a plus. Comes in a 4oz+ tub.

I have been using the phenomenonally expensive (42 UK pounds, around $80) Eve Lom cleanser for about eight years. It is wonderful stuff, but as far as I can make out this new product, which is a direct rip-off of it, is just as good. Instead of removing it with my hands, I used a wash cloth, the Eve Lom way, rinsing the cloth in hot water and pressing it to the face three times, rubbing off the remaining cleanser on the third, then rinsing it in cold water for the fourth and final stage and pressing that against my skin.

It worked perfectly, and that's it, no more Eve Lom for me, so I can spend my savings on something else. I like the rather stylish purple jar with the silver lid. People will complain about contamination but this product simply can't be pumped, it's far too heavy, in fact solid.

It is far cheaper than its nearest rival on the market, by the way. This should permanently change the way women cleanse their make-up once more companies bring out something similar.

on 12/4/2005 10:33:00 PM

Move over DHC! I hate to say goodbye to the makeup remover that's worked for me for so long, but after trying 'Take the Day Off', I'm a convert. The best part about Clinique (besides all these new, incredibly workable and advanced products) is that I can buy locally. I'm less and less into cosmetic mail-order when there are products available at the closest mall. And I can return products without complication. So this cleansing balm works wonderfully...I've only used it once, but that was enough. I massaged it into my face, and made a gooey finger painting out of mascara, blush, lipstick and foundation. Then I rinsed it all off...it emulsified easily with just water. Next, the test...I use Liz Earle to cleanse in the evening and the technique uses a cute white muslin cloth to wipe off the Liz Earle cleanser and grime...in fact, it's used exactly like the Cleansing Balm, but can't be washed off...has to be wiped off. So I applied the LE cleanser and wiped it off with the white cloth...if there was any makeup left on my skin it would scream at me on the cloth. There was absolutely nothing on the cloth...perfectly clean. The Clinique balm got every last bit of makeup off my skin...including some hefty mascara. 'Take the Day Off' is a great product, and realtively cheap too...especially with no shipping to worry about. I also like this a bit better than my DHC oil...something very clean about Clinique. Gotta try this new product!

on 12/28/2005 9:59:00 PM

Hello, immediate HG status cleanser! Ok, this stuff is pretty amazing. I have been looking forever for an all-in-one cleanser that I could use on face and eyes, and rinse off.

It's a balm, but turns into a fine creamy oil once you apply to your face. I massaged into my face for a while, paying more attention to my eyes (I use waterproof mascara) before rinsing.

Admittedly, when I opened my eyes to see how the stuff was working, I immediately got a greasy film on my eyes. I was a little annoyed by this, and thought, Ok - that drops the lippies down to 4. BUT, once I had rinsed and then went over my face with a toner/eye makeup remover, I was amazed that there was just a little makeup, but NO mascara. PLUS, this stuff didn't sting my eyes, and it didn't dry my face out, like most other cleansers. (In fact, my face felt nice and moisturized).

So, that brought the lippies back up to 5 and won it HG status. Fantastic!! ($34 CAD)

EDIT: I've been keeping my eyes closed during the entire cleansing process, and only open them after rinsing thoroughly with water. This helped immensely (well, duh!! I shouldn't have opened them with product all over!). I am still so impressed with how well it cleans my entire face, including the waterproof mascara, and leaves it soft and smooth. LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!

on 1/15/2006 9:06:00 PM

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, this make-up remover. It really does take it all off, mascara, Shiseido lash primer, mineral make-up, Absence.... This balm melts into a liquid and rinses totally clean. I have been looking for an all in one for some time and have finally found it.

on 1/23/2006 4:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Up until now, I've used a make up remover for my eyes only, but I began to feel that my cleanser, anti-bac skinwash from dermalogica, may not do it's best on a skin with makeup on, even though it cleanses well. So, I read about this, read the great reviews and went to the store and bought it. I can't say that I find it cheap, because I don't. And being a girl with oily skin, I found the promises of it turning in to silky _oil_ rather unpleasant. But, after the first use I'm hooked. I just apply a small amount, halv a teaspoon maybe, and dap some on my cheeks, chin and forehead and rub it in first. Then i close my eyes and rub it across my eyes, and I can feel the mascara dissovling on my fingertips. And oily as it feels, it's _not_. It washes off like a dream, leaving me with soft, clean skin and not a trace off makeup left. It feels more gentle on the lids and lashes too, than rubbing with a cottonpad. I highly recommend this, and even though I do find it expensive I will buy it again.

on 1/28/2006 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was quite impressed with this product. It took off all my makeup with one application and made my face really soft without breaking me out. I would definitely purchase again.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

After so many poor expriences with high end cleaners, I decided to pick up this after all the positive reviews here. My skin LOVES this stuff, and my skin is very hard to please since I have eczema around my eyes and forehead, which can often be irritated by even the gentlest cleansers. The balm took all my make-up off and left my skin feeling soft and my eczema improved over night. The only thing I am not a fan of is the packaging, but no matter, I will definitely repurchase!

on 2/4/2006 7:27:00 AM

I purchased this cleansing balm for removing high-PPD water-resistant euro-sunscreen(s) that Iím using almost daily. Iíve tried massaging a little bit of jojoba etc oil on my face and then using a regular cleanser afterwards (tried various combinations of oils+cleansers) but I find that this balm performs much much better. Looks like hairwax but when massaged and warmed on dry skin, turns into a very smoothly gliding ďoilĒ that emulgates and rinses off easily with water. When I want to feel extra-clean, I use a very small amount of regular cleanser after this, although the balm itself usually leaves behind a clean face. The cleansing capacity of course depends on how much of this you use and what youíre wearing on your skin... This balm doesnít irritate, dry out or leave my skin oily. I think the jar is cute :) and I donít mind jar-packaging in a product like this, since it doesnít even have active ingredients that could have stability issues (like antioxidants). And since this is a product with very little water content, itís not as likely to contaminate notably. Besides, even a squeeze tube might be difficult with a consitency as solid as this. A bit pricy, but I think the 125ml jar will last in my use long enough to justify the cost. INGREDIENTS: ethylhexyl palmitate, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sorbeth-30 tetraoleate, polyethylene, peg-5 glyceryl triisostearate, water (aqua purificata), tocopherol, phenoxyethanol [iln28494] continued >>