CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

on 10/27/2018 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

So, this works really well for me. I tried cleansing oils, and micellar waters to do an initial cleanse to remove makeup. None of them stopped the breakouts I was experiencing after using my favorite foundations. This melts into my skin and dissolves my foundation and eye makeup without having to rub too hard. It rinses off cleanly and leaves my skin soft. I follow up with my Cetaphil cleanser. I need just a little bit to take off all my makeup. I wish there was a more hygienic way to get this out of the tub. I dislike having to stick my fingers into it. Perhaps a small spatula would help. Even so, a really great product!

on 10/15/2018 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This product gave me a terrible contact dermatitis. It contains potentially harmful irritants when used on or around eyes and skin.
Returning.
No I do not recommend this product.

on 8/17/2018 7:40:00 AM

Have already repurchased this item as a backup. I use it as my first cleanse. It’s gentle and removes makeup easily (I use a moderate amt of makeup). No harsh smell.
The ONLY suggestion I would make to people using this is don’t share with others. In order to use this product you put your finger tips onto the tub. If you share this product you may be allowing introduction of bacteria from other fingers. If you decide to share, use something to scoop out the product.

on 5/12/2018 10:25:00 AM

I thought I would never be able to use a product like this as I break out so easily from using the wrong products (or a change in my routine, etc., etc.) so when I received a sample in my Clinique bonus I thought I'd just use it as eye makeup remover. That was a mistake for me as the next morning a had a big bump near my lash line so I put it in a drawer and forgot about it. Months later after starting Retin A and needing some TLC I decided to use this to remove my makeup (but NOT my eye makeup) gently rubbing on dry skin and wiped off with a wet baby wash cloth. I follow up with my regular foaming cleaner. I'm shocked this balm doesn't break me out as even some foaming cleansers do and it really doesn't even feel oily to me like a regular liquid oil does. Anyway, I'm really enjoying this product and I'll repurchase next time Clinique has a bonus.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I don't know why i hate this so much. It has to be the consistency. It's like plunging my fingers into a tub of lard and spreading that over my face. After decades of having really oily skin that consistency just turns my stomach. I now have dry skin so that consistency should be soothing but it's just a visceral thing. This does remove makeup and it is bland and unscented but I much prefer cleansing oils or best yet a cleanser that could do the job in place of this. It is a good value and to all those who love the feeling of this enjoy but for me I can't go it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is one strange product for me. I can't really scoop it out like a gel so I end up putting my fingers into it multiple times and it gets really dirty really quickly. I don't think I should remove makeup from my makeup remover! It converts to a pretty slick oil/silicone remover quickly and does a nice job of breaking down all my makeup; but then its time to rinse. I usually use cool water instead of warm to rinse my face and when that cool water comes into contact with this balm on my face it solidifies again and i struggle to get it off. I won't be repurchasing this specific item from the line, but I did try the TTDO Cleansing Milk and it works like a dream. Not a total lose on the Clinique makeup removers, I just changed over to a different product.

on 5/25/2016 7:58:00 AM

This was a complete, instantaneous disaster for me. I turned an angry red and started breaking out in tiny white pus-filled pimples, virtually on contact. I really could not get it rinsed off fast enough. I'm sensitive and react badly to a lot of products, but this set a whole new all-time record. I suspect it may have been the Ethylhexyl Palmitate, a synthetic silicone substitute that apparently has high irritation potential? I really have no idea what it was that did me in. But it was horrible.

However, it seems like it would work well to remove makeup, if you can use it!

on 6/1/2015 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this stuff. It's pricey but you use so little, it will last a long time. It sort of reminds me of coconut oil. I bought some cosmetic spatulas at Sally Beauty Supply to use to get the product out of the jar because I do not like dipping my finger into any jars with product in them. So, I scoop out a pea-size amount and just put a little at a time on my face, covering my whole face. I am extra gentle with distributing it and I don't rub it in. Turn on the warm water and rinse with your hands. That's it!

Now...for more information: I found out after I bought it that I have rosacea. My 2nd dermatologist (1st one was of no help whatsoever; a crime to even be charged in there!) recommended that I cleanse my face with CeraVe and use mineral make-up. Ok. So, I took the plunge and treated myself to both. I noticed that the CeraVe had the same consistency as Cetaphil but the ingredients are different. I thought it was cleaning all of the mineral make-up off because the mirror told me it did. But when I pat dry with my face towel, there was a little make-up on the towel. So, I didn't quite know what to do, as I was trying to be a compliant patient. But I was not big on using a washcloth every time to remove the makeup thoroughly, as I had been doing. Last night, I decided to get out my Cleansing Balm and remove my make-up first. Then, cleaned my face with the CeraVe. I was happy with that. I may not have even needed the CeraVe but I did it anyway.

on 10/12/2014 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

PERFECT...Cleanses better than anything I have ever used.

I apply a dime size amount and It melts the makeup off, I then tissue off and then use a cotton ball damped with Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel, to remove any traces of makeup left behind.
I have very sensitive skin and this cleanser is great!!!

Update: I had been using this to take my makeup off at night and then using the comforting cream cleanser(now discontinued) in the morning to make sure my skin was extra clean, but I think I like this in the am too....your skin feels so good and I use Thayer's alcohol free witch hazel as my toner and then moisture surge gel or intense and my ultra sensitive skin looks great!

I miss the comforting cream because it gave a little extra moisture, but I think this twice a day will be fine.

Pros: No breakouts or irritations
Cleans all traces of foundation off face

Cons: NONE

on 5/20/2014 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have bought this product 3 times now, so I feel confident in my review. I love the way this takes make up off. I pre-cleanse with the balm and then cleanse with my age appropriate cleanser. I feel this allows the beneficial ingredients in the targeted cleanser to have a better opportunity to work their magic.