CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Filtered by age: 44-55
CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.3

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this to remove my makeup and then follow with a lather& rinse product (right now, Purity Made Simple). This balm melts makeup off my face—and i wear a lot of makeup. Even stage makeup would be no match for this. I could see drier skins really loving this, and all skins loving this in the wintertime. I agree with others that a spatula should be included with this. I am not sure if i would repurchase—only because my personal preference for products that lather & rinse away.

on 10/19/2018 5:27:00 AM

I have very dry, (and currently) irritated skin. All my usual face products were making my skin sting so a friend recommended this. It has no scent (yay) and is extremely effective in removing all my makeup and sunscreen. I use it on dry skin and a little goes a long way. As with all balm cleansers it takes a bit of massaging to break down all the makeup and mascara, but it leaves my face feeling comfortable and totally clean. I wash it off with warm water and a washcloth. Way too pricey but otherwise a very nice product. I also tried the popular Elemis balm, and that was so scented it made my face sting like crazy and irritated my eyes.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Works really great.. very gentle on my sensitive eyes ..takes all makeup off but Still have to follow with my purity cleanser to get fully clean face

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Nice... I like how this liquifies quickly, rinses off easily, removes all of my makeup and best of all doesn’t leave behind a greasy residue like old school makeup removers. It’s very pricey but I’ve seen so many recommendations from MUAers for this as the best of the best - which it is - and a little really does go a long way. Since I’m currently using all Clinique as my skin care, I follow up with face wash and I never find any makeup residue left behind.

on 7/1/2018 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Wasn't crazy about this, good old-fashioned cold cream does a better job and doesn't irritate my skin like this product

on 5/23/2018 11:58:00 AM

TOAL HG!! I've been using this for 2 years straight, every single night. It is the BEST makeup remover ever and it is THE reason I'm even willing to wear waterproof mascara, eyeshadow, & foundation daily. Apply, massage, and rinse-- you're done! I don't even use a secondary cleanser after this. Don't let the oily texture put you off. This is completely 100% clean-rinsing, and it's fine for oily skin.

I have found that it's CRITICAL that you apply this to your DRY face with DRY hands. DO NOT ADD WATER to hands or face until you have rubbed the product all over your face and all of your makeup has dissolved! Once you add water, the product emulsifies completely in preparation for being rinsed away-- and it loses its ability to dissolve makeup.

I use about a tablespoon-sized scoop, warm it between my palms, and massage all over my face (it feels good!). If you use waterproof eye makeup you'll need to do a bit more massaging around your eye area. But typically it takes me 20 seconds or less to dissolve all the makeup on my face. My skin feels soft and clean afterwards. Love this stuff to death!

on 2/15/2018 4:08:00 PM

Absolutely love it. Have tried many and always end up returning to this one. Have very sensitive skin and this removes all make up without drying it out or being too aggressive.

on 11/1/2017 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm on my 2nd purchase of this amazing makeup remover. This is a makeup remover - not a full cleanser. I don't know why or how anyone could see this as a full on cleanser. Anyhow, I love this stuff. It does an excellent job of removing makeup, including liquid lipsticks and waterproof mascara. It doesn't leave any film on my eyes and rinses off very easily. I follow this with an actual cleanse using my Mia2 with great results. I prefer balms b/c they travel well and aren't messy like oils. There is no scent with this product. It is pricey but you get what you pay for with this stuff.

on 10/5/2017 8:52:00 AM

Takes off all my make up, including eye make up. My skin is soft afterwards but not oily. I used this when I wear the most make up, not the lighter days. I have many different make up removing soaps but this is in rotation for sure. It is expensive and I wonder if there is something cheaper that would be very similar but I don't regret buying it. I also am not crazy about dipping my hands into the jar but wash them beforehand, and dip fingers in only once!!!!

on 8/30/2017 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this!! Perfect for travel. I've used the oil also and both work great. A little of this works great. Will last forever. I do a 8 step skin care routine so I use a gel cleanser right after this then an exfoliate.