CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Filtered by age: 36-43
CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.1

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

on 2/8/2019 2:44:00 AM

Takes off all my make-up without any irritation. I do use a cleanser afterward to get all the balm off.

on 1/25/2019 8:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Meh... not sure how I feel about this product... I was never into double cleansing, but I figured I would just give this balm a try!
I find that I have to rub quite a bit in order to get my mascara off with this... if I use too little, it doesn’t feel comfortable and doesn’t remove makeup well, and if I use a decent amount in order for it to work properly, my vision gets foggy...
I don’t hate it but don’t love either. Don’t think I’ll be repurchasing this one!

on 12/5/2018 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I’ve always known to double cleanse, years before Micellar Water and stuff was invented. Intuitive!!!! It just makes sense if wearing all this crap (not even eye — face: spf is hard to remove, add some maybe long wear foundation/concealer to that, and your hopefully mild pH balanced cleanser ain’t gonna get the job done). My actual first time w using an oil was some 8-ish years ago I don’t even know if still exists — it was a cleansing oil by Nude. So then I tried everything from wipes (irritating & drying) to balms to reg oils to designated cleansing oils to the micellar waters (bleh I needs me some grease). I like a balm or oil cuz I have dry skin and I like how it breaks down ALLLL.

Anyways I used Clinique >20 years ago... I just started to enjoy some (very limited admittedly) products again at 39 and this is #1 of those — dare I say it’s my abso fave HG first cleanse?! After allllll I’ve tried which is like literary every single one?! Idk what it is... I love it so so much. I love the look of it, reaching into jar, scooping the stuff out (ESPECIALLY a brand new one! Up there w breaking a creme brûlée!) and emulsifying the balm to a thick oil that takes. Off. EVERYTHING!!! It never ever burns me, even if I’ve been overzealous with acid exfoliation or tret.... soothing always. No scent. It’s a very very effective yet enjoyable (in a sensory way, for me anyway) remover of all things. My 2 HG regular 2nd (or am alone) cleansers are Clinique EXTRA mild (pH of 5 correct me if I’m wrong), and the way less spendy (and weirdly in body wash aisle at least at my rite aid) Eucerin pH5 for face and body. Idc about pH of my body cleanser as I only (in cold weather) wash my dry limbs occasionally or I am a scaly lizard. Maybe some dry brushing and heavy moisture. I use more deodorizing washes for my ‘parts’ that get a thorough washing 2/day. You know what I’m referring to don’t make me say it. Hands constantly washed (APPLY & REAPPLY SPF if u do all your actives on your French Face like me). Face well I think we know I’m one of the skincare obsessed so...

If u break out I do not know what to tell you, they’ll always give a sample!! I do anti-aging skincare only. If you’re not double cleansing at night yet, get with the progrum, would ya? Even if ya don’t wear makeup... I KNOW youre ALL using spf 365 so get that shite off! I’ve bought many and will continue!

on 11/23/2018 10:46:00 PM

I am a Clinique girl. Love their cosmetics and skincare. This product however was a big disaster. It really irritates my eyes. My eyes hate this product. Also my skin breaks out in tiny little bumps when I use it. It’s a big pass for me. I prefer take the day off lids lashes and lips for my eye makeup remover and the pink rinse off foaming cleanser for my face makeup remover.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Love this stuff. As someone with pretty heavy acne scarring, I tend to use fuller coverage foundations...and we all know how tenacious that kind of foundation can be. I always double cleanse using this followed by Klavuu Pure Pearlsation Cleansing Foam for my water-based cleanser to remove all traces of makeup before applying any other skincare products. I have rebought and probably will continue to rebuy. Removes heavy makeup well. You may like to pair it with a washcloth to make sure it all gets off. Not a fan of the open tub but I can deal with the packaging.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have tried more expensive makeup removers and compared to Lancome, Estee Lauder, Chanel, this is affordable. If you are used to using drugstore this is expensive. I have sensitive skin and cleaners usually burn my face or I get acne from continuous use. I was using coconut oil to remove my makeup, it worked pretty good, but after continuous use, I did not like how my skin looked. I love coconut oil, but it really made my skin dull and flat, but it might be my fault. I would use solid coconut oil and rub into my skin and it would irritate my skin until it melted.

I love clinique moisture surge moisturizer and I heard of this product and had to try it. This is the first cleanser to completely remove my EL DW foundation, I was shocked! Any other cleanser, I would have to use a Olay daily wipe to remove excess. No need, this took off all face makeup! Incredible.

But, the only product that is still a struggle to remove is my waterproof gel eyeliner and mascara. It does remove it, but takes a bit more effort. But, i use to get mascara buildup on my lashes, not anymore. Just use a qtip under the eyes to get residue makeup off and rub over lashes to get any excess mascara off.

When you first look at the container it looks like Vaseline and coconut oil combined. There is a natural scent, but does not bother me. I was slightly confused on how to use it. Just dunk your fingers in and then massage into skin and makeup starts to dissolve off the face. This dissolves faster than coconut oil into skin and leaves skin much more soft than coconut oil.

I love this product. The container is pretty, but easy to contaminate it.

This leaves the skin so soft, that once I wanted to use it as a night treatment. This is not the purpose of the product. After 15 minutes, my skin started to burn.

This is wonderful product, but different, give it a chance.

I love this. To get the same effect, I normally use an eye makeup remover, micellar water and a milk cleanser to get all my makeup off and wash my face. I picked this up at the airport because I wanted something compact that I could use to take off my makeup in my seat without needing water or an extra trip to the bathroom. I rubbed this all over my face and wiped it off with Ole Henriksen cleansing wipes, and my skin was completely clean and soft. Since then, I've been using this every night and i just love how soft my face feels. The only downside is that I don't love having to dip my hands into a jar to get the balm out. They should figure out a better packaging solution for makeup melting balms (ie. maybe a stick form). This saves a lot of time and products leaving your skin soft and hydrated, I really like this a lot.

on 12/29/2017 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I heard so many good things about this product, including from those who have Rosacea, which I have mildly, as well as seborrheic dermatitis; that makes my skin dry, flaky, easily dehydrated, & sensitive.

So, I decided to use a commercial product after decades of using the OCM, specifically the "dry OCM" (no water) in recent years. Despite being a balm cleanser that turns to an oil, it left my skin drier than I started.

I'll point out my skin does not like anything that emulsifies, foams, or otherwise removes precious oils & hydration (that includes plain water). I knew going in TTDO turned into a milky emulsion with water, but I had hoped it would be gentle enough, as well as give me a thorough cleanse to remove SD flakes. Unfortunately though, it just flared up the SD in my eyebrows, & the oils in TTDO did not compensate for the water needed to remove it (whether by rinsing, or using a wet washcloth).

My mom also tried it, & her skin is more resilient than mine. She didn't like it either, so back to the store it went. I'm giving it 2 lippies only because I know it has worked for a lot of people, it just wasn't for me.

on 12/24/2017 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I was using the Colleen Rothschild cleansing balm. And while I love it, it cost me a crap load to have it shipped over from the states to Canada not to mention the price tag. So I realized I needed to find another one and fast. I decided to check Beautypedia and found this so I bought it! This stuff is amazing. Doesn't leave my face greasy, cleans off ALL my makeup including waterproof mascara. Yes at times it might leave a small residue of mascara behind, but I always go in with my facial cleanser right after using this. It has no smell which is great and for a big jar at $38 it is priced right. I can't really complain for the amount of product and how well it works. I do really recommend this product if you are looking for a cleansing balm at the right price!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Oh my god...YES. I have been meaning to pick this up for a while now and could not be happier. I read the other reviews saying that it really does the job, but I was still skeptical. I have tried everything and although some things are good, there is always some trace of eyeliner left (I do love a good tight-liner! but it's brutal to take off)...but not with this! I am seriously amazed. I work this into my face for maybe 60 seconds? Rinse it off, and no trace of eye makeup is left, and my face is completely makeup free. I follow it up with my favourite winter cleanser by La Roche-Posay (Toleriane), and my face feels perfectly cleansed. I am seriously thrilled and this is my new makeup remover. Hats off to Clinique...they nailed it.