CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Filtered by age: 30-35
CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.1

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

on 11/16/2018 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've tried this when I've gotten sample jars of it in GWPs. I did not care for it, although, I've yet to find any of the take the day off's that I've really loved, this one being the least.

The balm is intended to be used dry and rubbed dry onto a makeup-wearing face. This will emulsify into a thinner oil and remove makeup in the process of rubbing it into your skin. I found that it rinsed away decently enough, but it left the most disorienting film across your eyes that makes everything blurry. It doesn't burn (thankfully) but I did not care for it. It removed most of my makeup without excessive rubbing. I do not believe this caused any breakouts.

I did not care for the product at this price being in a jar as it is easy to scoop out far more than you need, and you can't really put the balm back into the jar afterwards (you can, but it would look rather disgusting).

on 10/4/2018 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Meh. It's okay? I don't feel like it does the greatest job getting all my makeup off so it takes a bit of effort. But my skin feels nice after.

on 9/23/2018 3:50:00 PM

This product gets all of my makeup off, and my skin doesn't feel greasy afterwards. I warm it up in my fingers, and gently rub my lashes, my brows, and my cheeks, and wash off with another cleanser. It gets the mascara off my lashes. and I like that it doesn't irritate my eyes.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It isn't very often I wear heavy makeup but when I do, this is one of the best things in my collection to remove it with at the end of the night. I find it doesn't leave a film on my skin or break me out in any way. I've always been a sucker for Clinique's packaging and this one sits pretty on my bathroom shelf. It is quite a basic formulation, nothing too complex, plus it benefits from the addition of Tocopherol (Vit E) as a bonus. Will re-purchase.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I'm constantly trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample/trial sizes from e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation/Anti-Ageing: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this! I have combination sensitive and acne prone skin. this takes off the dirt and makeup completely. it leaves my skin moisturized and takes off waterproof mascara. it just leaves a residue or a white film when i clean my eyes using this so it's really hard to see cause of the blurry vision. just rinse it off right away and you'll be fine. my skin also adjusted to this for a wk. wish it comes with a spatula. highly recommended. here is my full review http://brushstrokesandlullabies.blogspot.com/2017/03/hg-cleanser.html

This is one of my HG cleansers. This balm takes off all my makeup, is gentle on my eyes - even when I scrub it into my lashes, and has been very calming to my red/sensitive skin. It also has a great consistency for face massages.

on 12/9/2017 9:57:00 AM

The stuff melts off my mascara/liner with ease. Use it without water, rub it over your face, massage it in. I like to let it sit on my face for a minute before adding the water. Once u add the water it becomes milky. Rinses off easily. This product does NOT sting my eyes, and works better than any other eye makeup remover. I do follow up with a regular foaming facial cleanser, because I am paranoid about breaking out, but... it's not necessary. The few times I did not do a second cleanse, there were no breakouts. I recommend getting a mini travel size to sample it out first. Once clinique has a gift with purchase, I will get the big size.
-travels well. No spillage, no cotton balls necessary. The mini size is perfect for vacations. I'm very happy with it. :)

on 11/25/2017 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a great product, but you need to be aware of what it is and what it isn't. What it is: a makeup remover, and an amazing one at that. What it isn't: a cleanser. This will take your makeup off beautifully, but you will need to follow it up with an additional cleanser.

I'm absolutely terrible at remembering to take my makeup off, but since I bought this product (I'm on my 3rd tub of it now), I actually look forward to taking it off. It just feels so luxurious and nice that it makes me really want to use it.

on 11/22/2017 12:25:00 AM

Bought this based on the reviews and seemed like a simple cleansing process. Also I cant use a foaming cleanser so I hoped that this would not cause redness and rashes. I agree it does remove makeup with ease.

Well after a month of use I now have clogged pores and a few cystic acne patches. Its going to take a while to get rid of this congestion on my skin :( Not for ance prone skin.

on 11/1/2017 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is more of a precleanse then a cleanser. It will help melt makeup off your face. A few issues is that the balm is hard to grab and I end up with a ton of product on my hands. There should be a pump to make it more sanitary too. Didn't last very long at all. Not worth the dough.