CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Filtered by age: 25-29
CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.1

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

I suffer from constant breakouts and oily skin. This product earns many great reviews claiming that it never breaks them out, which ultimately led me to use it for a couple of weeks. However, i realised that my skin had become extremely bumpier and disgusting whiteheads and pustules started forming. I suggest people with sensitive clogged-prone skin to stay away. It’s not worth your money.

on 11/23/2018 1:28:00 PM

I came across this product recently and its been three months i am using this product...i have a very sensitive skin with breakouts at times and rashes but this product helps me to cleanse of my face without developing rashes and also its very hydrating and smooth. The packaging is very attractive and one jar goes a long way. Loved this product. Its better than makeup removers

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

If you're looking for something that really takes off waterproof eyeliner and mascara, this is the product for you. A little goes a long way with this one in that just a small dab warmed up between your fingers will easily start to break down your makeup. The reason for my 3-star review is that the jar does not come with something to scoop out the balm. Once you've started rubbing your fingers on your makeup you don't want to put your dirty fingers back in for more if you need it. So I end up using both hands, getting them both full of makeup as I touch the faucet handles and try to put the top of the jar back on. I know, I'm probably weird and don't have to do this, it's just routine. Second, I'm not sure if others have noticed but this leaves a film in my eyes! Whether I have contacts in or not, it gets blurry sometimes and I have to be careful to wash it out.

on 10/19/2018 3:15:00 PM

I really like this balm, it removes well the makeup (but I have to say that I don't wear heavy makeup) and the skin is not dry after applying it. Also, a small amount is enough to clean all the face. In my case, it did not cause any irritation, even in the eye area.
However, the packages are only of 125 ml and the best before date is only 6 months. I can't even use half of a package in 6 months so I don't buy it frequently, unfortunately. I would buy it frequently if Clinique launched smaller packages of 50ml, for example.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This unassuming balm does an impressive job removing even stubborn waterproof make up. It is gentle and effectively dissolves make up. Any remaining specks or make up can then be easily wiped off with a warm, wet wash cloth. My fave is left perfectly clean.

The cons - it’s a little firmer than I would like. Although it does melt quickly, for the first few seconds it’s chunky enough that a clump could fall off your face and in the drain. It’s also expensive considering how much you need to use to get the job done (about a teaspoon and a half). Lastly, you wouldn’t expect this with a greasy cleansing balm but for me it’s actually a little drying.

Il fait littéralement fondre votre maquillage, il enlève tout, peu importe qu'il soit 24h ou imperméable.
C'est si doux, nettoyant, hydratant et tout simplement fantastique, mais un peu va un long chemin, il dure pour toujours.
Une autre bonne chose est l'emballage, pas de déversements et la perfection pour voyager.

on 9/10/2018 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this stuff! While I usually stick to micellar water for makeup removal, sometimes that isn't quite up to snuff against pesky waterproof mascara or days when I've really indulged in a ~full face. This balm has a pleasant texture, and you don't need very much at all to really get every single fleck of makeup off. No smells, no irritation. I appreciate the fact that I can open my eyes mid-smear to check and see if everything seems like it is sliding off. I am never a big fan of beauty products in pots, it just doesn't feel super clean to me (and, on a personal note, I keep my nail long, so it is a pain to try and avoid ending up with balm crescents under my nails and wasted product), but I understand that this texture wouldn't really suit a pump. All in all, I definitely would recommend this product, and will be buying it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have sensitive skin. It gets red and irritated easily as well as flaky and swollen due to dryness. My face will freak if you put something harsh enough on there. I LOVE this stuff. I got a travel size of it for $9.50 and it's definitely worth every penny. It's gently yet aggressive. I was wearing the waterproof better than sex mascara and after letting it sit and soak for about a minuet it just melted away. No harsh rubbing, no irritating fragrance, no breakouts. I'm definitely buying the full size when I run out. I do recommend using a spatula to scoop out product though for sanitary reasons. If you get a spot of makeup in there it'll break down and spread and ruin your product.

on 7/6/2018 6:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Removes makeup well, without tugging. However, compared to Biore's Makeup Remover Perfect Oil (a product I discovered on my Asia trip last summer), this:
- doesn't remove makeup as well, especially eye makeup;
- leaves my skin too dry;
- is more expensive.

Also, I found Biore's cleanser more convenient: the pump allows for faster dispensing of the product, while with Clinique there is the lid, which also tends to collect dust and water stains (yes, I have the tiniest bathroom cupboard which does not have enough space for Clinique's container).

This was not a bad product, per se - but why pay more when Biore's Perfect Oil cleans better, you need less product, is cheaper and leaves my skin soooo soft, supple and glowing after use, while Clinique's version leaves my skin dry and lifeless? Hence only 3 stars for TTDO; 5 for Biore's "perfect oil"!

Holy cow balls, this gooe is a dream come true!! And I thought I was finished with Clinique! Holy grail product for me, don’t think I will ever switch from this.

I read that many feel a film on their skin after washing it off - my tip is to use slightly warmer water! I have gotten that feeling once and it’s because you use very cold water. This solidify at cold temperatures! 😶

Goes on like coconut oil but a bit more slippery. Great for a lil face massage as skin won’t pull one bit. Removes everything and leaves my skin super duper soft, but most amazingly it leaves my eyes feeling great too! It doesn’t dry out the eyes in fact it feels great for my eyes! I suffer from dry eyes and this baby makes them moist for hours! I wake up and my eyes look brighter when I use this !! I am in love! 😭

I love that they use borage oil it’s premium for moisturizing and really high grade! Thumbs up Clinique!!

However could you put a damn peel inside the pot or at least put it in a little box? I am terrified that someone nasty have poked their fingers in the product!