CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Filtered by age: 19-24
CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.2

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

on 2/16/2019 4:08:00 AM

Expensive product but it works.
On first glance,it is a solidified white wax like consistency but when you put it on your hands it melts and transforms into an oil.
It melts everything even waterproof mascara though you do need to massage it in the skin for a longer time when you have foundation on so it removes all traces of it.It'd be advisable if after using this balm,you thoroughly cleanse your face with a facial wash AND use a toner after to make sure you have removed every last trace of makeup left.
Packaging is fine,not very hygienic though as you have to put your fingers in to get the product out unless you use a small spatula.Ideally I'd prefer it if it was in a liquid formula with a pump for more hygienic reasons.

Very good at cleaning the skin. Nothing is left. However it was *extremely* drying on my dry sensitive skin. It didn’t cause any immediate irritation however. I don’t know if this would cause me to breakout or give me clogged pores as I have only used it 4 times. It is probably one of the most drying cleansers I have ever tried.

I had the same reaction with Clinique Take the day off cleansing oil, so maybe my skin just doesn’t do well with cleansing oils and balms. I will go back to using Bioderma Sensibio H20 micellar water which although it takes longer to clean the skin and not quite as gentle as this (but still fairly gentle) it isn’t drying.

I will not repurchase this, but I’m glad that I tried it.

Clinique 'Take the Day Off' cleansing balm is brilliant if you want a unscented and fuss-free cleanser. It comes in solid form that melts into an oil with the heat of your hands. I enjoy giving myself a lil facial massage whilst using this :)
I use this as my first step if I'm double cleansing after wearing heavier makeup or feeling congested. I personally always like to follow up with a 2nd cleanser. It removes all my facial makeup perfectly with a muslin cloth.
I took a lippie off as this doesn't work as an eye makeup remover for me, I have to scrub pretty hard to get mascara off plus it makes my eyes blurry AF. In general though, I always use a separate eye makeup remover so it's not a deal breaker for me.
Overall, if you want a fragrance-free, non-comedogenic and basic-no frills cleansing balm, I highly recommend.

I just finished a jar of this balm and I have to say that I'm a fan. I've heard so many people raved about this and I understand why.

This cleansing balm really takes off all of your makeup; including stubborn waterproof products. It's gentle and easy to wiped off as well. It's definitely one of the best makeup cleanser in the market.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This product took a long time for me to buy because:
1. it's expensive ($39 CAD)
2. I have more than enough makeup cleansers.

However, I am done rubbing my makeup off with cotton pad, it's never as precise as my milk/cleansers that I can get into my lashes with, and I prefer makeup removal done in one fell swoop. That doesn't necessarily mean one product, but it means that when I leave my sink, I started with a full face and left with a bare one. My lashes are naturally light and it's really easy to tell when my makeup remover hasn't done its job, and for me, thorough eye makeup removal is so important.

I can confirm that this product alone gets all of my makeup off, and my skin doesn't feel greasy or "undone" afterwards. Personally, I warm it up in my fingers, and gently rub my lashes, my brows, and my cheeks, and wash off with another cleanser afterwards. It gets the black mascara off my light lashes, no problem, and I like that it doesn't irritate my eyes, I can still open them to see how the removal process is going. I typically need 1/2 a tablespoon of product it seems (sounds weird, not sure else what to compare it to, LOL) for my entire face if I've worn full makeup that day.

If you have difficulty removing makeup, wear a lot of makeup, or are lazy with the removal process altogether, I would definitely recommend this product. The price tag can be a shock but for the ease of use, it's completely worth it. Just simply grab a little bit, massage your lashes and face, and your makeup is done for. And I'm sure this jar will last me the better part of a year at this rate.

Removes makeup very easily! Great packaging tho!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Decent non-fragrant cleansing balm that effortlessly removes my waterproof sunblock. I find that warm water isn't sufficient to remove the slight film it leaves behind on my skin, but a quick wipe down with a wet washcloth does the trick. Wouldn't repurchase since it breaks me out even after double cleansing. I guess my skin just doesn't agree with safflower oil.

on 6/21/2018 5:27:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've been testing this with my Clinique Take It All Off Duo and it has rinsed the mascara very quick and easy. Loved it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is my HG cleansing balm. I’m on my 2nd jar already. I don’t really like the packaging as it’s unhygienic. But the product itself is absolutely fantastic.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have definitely used better cleansing balms. This was quite disappointing for me. The product doesn't really melt on your skin, it is clumpy and I spend some time trying to melt the small clumps onto my skin. The cleansing properties are not the best, eye makeup especially takes a 2nd cleanse to remove. it's not supposed to have scent. But . It smells terribly like chlorine and I dislike it. The price does not justify. Will not repurchase