CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.4

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is fantastic at removing all of my make up at night. I double cleanse with this, and everything is gone (sometimes I need to quickly wipe my eyes with a micellar water, but what is left is minimal). You hardly need to use any, so it lasts a long time and it isn't scented so it doesn't irritate my skin. I'm already on my second jar and will purchase again!

Takes heavy makeup off with ease without drying out your face and a little product goes a long way.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This makeup remover is amazing. It's a cream to oil kinda formula. It appears to be a hard balm, but once you rub it into the skin, it dissolves into an oil. I feel like this is very gentle to the skin as supposed to rubbing cotton pads with micellar water on your face (my previous cleansing routine). Also this really gets ALL of my makeup off. The first couple times I tried this out, I tried to cleanse my skin afterwards with my usual micellar water, and there was literally nothing on my cotton pad. Now i don't quite use this as suggested on the packaging. I of course apply this to my face and massage it in. And then on the packaging it says to remove the balm with a wet cotton pad, but instead I just wash my face and tap dry with a towel. It works just as fine. I love that there aren't any perfumes or parabens in this, and also it's safe for the eyes and doesn't burn or sting.

The packaging is fine, nothing special to say about it. The product is quite expensive i think, considered there's only 125 ml in it. i believe it's around 35 $. I recently bought a Loreal cleansing balm, thinking it would be a nice dupe for this (Spoiler: it wasn't). The Loreal one contained 200 ml and I got it on sale for 7 $! Usually it's 10 $, which is still really inexpensive. So to sum up, even though it's an expensive product I definitely think it's worth it. I will still be on the look out for a potential dupe, but as for now I think this is the best makeup remover out-there.

on 4/28/2016 10:43:00 PM

Removes makeup like magic - it's a kind of white candle wax looking thing in the tub but when you rub it between your hands it turns to oil.

Sephora lady had warned me about putting oils on my face as it could clog my pores and make me break out but I didn't listen to her and went ahead and got it. Didn't listen to her and got it anyways - been using it for around a week now and it hasn't broken me out and is amazing at removing makeup.

Love it! It is kind of expensive though but a little goes a long way imo.

EDIT: dried out my skin badly so returned it :(

on 12/30/2015 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Holy grail, love this stuff. I used to use baby oil, but I found it was getting in my eyes a lot and was too messy to work with. My friend is a makeup artist, and swears by this stuff, so he gave me a tub. I'm never going back to baby oil, or anything else ever again. It's mawkish, it literally dissolves your makeup the second you put it on, and you don't have to go at it a couple times like you do with wipes or other removers. 100% will keep buying until they discontinue it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product, i love cleansing balms in a tub because you get a huge amount and although it is generally expensive it's worth it because it lasts ages! I've had this product for several months and still haven't ran out, bearing in mind i don't use this everyday because i use it as a first cleanse when removing my makeup (i dont wear makeup everyday) i think it's a good, bog standard cleansing balm without any fragrance or nasties it's just a simple cleanser for people who react to products badly this would be a dream! Removes makeup like a dream

10/10

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I LOVE this cleansing balm! It makes my dry skin feel so smooth and soft but still really clean. Feels amazing when rubbed in for like a minute and then wiped off. I used to hate washing my face because of how drying it is but now I'm looking forward to it :)

on 1/12/2015 10:03:00 PM

I've used this product for almost a year now and it's by far the best makeup remover I've ever used. it not only fulfills every claim made, but also sooths and hydrates the skin. I would definitely recommend this to a friend,

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

HOLY GRAIL.
This product is just amazing. It cleans very gentely yet it's effective. My skin feels nice and smooth after using this, doesn't break me out, feels amazing on the skin.
I use this as my second step in my routine after I've pre-cleansed my face I follow up with this product and I can be sure that everything is removed from my face.
Wouldn't want to live a day without this.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I have officailly fallen head over heals with this product!!!! I have extremley sensitive skin that breakout so easily to just about everything. It disolves all traces of makeup without striping skin of natural oils. My skin is oily it the t-zone yet very dehydrated all over and thiproduct has not caused my skin to breakout at all. I love the fact that it is fragrance free so it doesnt irritate skin (i really dont see why they need to put fragrance in skincare)

How i use it:
i start by rubbing in the palms of my hands till it turns into an oily texture then massage it all over my face. After that i take some warm water rub it on my face, this turns the cleanser into a white and more milky consistancy. I then take a hot flannel (not too hot though, you dont want to burn your skin!!!) and place it over my face for a few seconds to allow the steam to help break down the cleanser and then i wipe it off. My face feels clean but still hydrated after using this cleanser which i really love !!!!

Pros:
Disolves all makeup and oil
Doesnt strip skin
Easy to use
Lasts 6-9 months depending on if you use it both night and in the morning.

Cons:
Pricey ($55 in australia but i think its cheaper in america)

Packaging:
Fairly bulky but very sturdy (i have dropped it so many times, the lid will dent slightly if dropped but nothing major)

Overall:
This is a great cleanser for all skin types. Although pricey its worth every penny in my opinion. I would DEFFINETLY repurchase. It has helped clear up my acne and redness so much!! Highly reccomend it :) xo